Universal's House of Horrors | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's House of Horrors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 9, 2013
Thought if i should start a Topic About House of Horrors. :D Share your Experiences, You guys have any favorite/Funny moments? Mine was when Mother Bates had to chase my cousin all the way down stairs. it was Hilarious! i got high five Him/Her and also Dr. Frankenstein. they both scared her good. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend who comes with me to Universal every time is very forgetful and very touchy (somewhat of a scaredy-cat), but she has no problem going in HOH with me countless times. I could go on forever if I started telling funny stories about what's happened in there!! When I went a few days ago, Frankenstein and the evil scientist got inches away from her face on both sides scaring her you-know-what-less. Just before that, the Wolf Man jumped up on the railing of the walkway and growled in her face. I just can't get enough of my friend's reactions.

Reactions: alexvstorace
I've got a story.

I went up to the park with a friend of mine, and she tells me she wants to do House of Horrors. I had never seen it, for some reason, but I could tell by its name I wouldn't enjoy the experience. I tell her I don't want to do it, but she begs me and I feel bad, so I agree.

We start the maze, and it's not too terrible. Little did I know there were monsters in the attraction that scare you. I had no clue about this before I went inside... The first "monster" that popped out and scared me was the Mummy. I was taken back, scared and shocked... So taken back, scared and shocked that my impulses kicked in, and I swung my leg back and kicked the actor, right in their leg as hard as I could.. The security guard kicked us out of the maze. I was so happy to be out of there! I apologized to my friend, but she wanted to go back! I felt I owed it to her, and I was mentally and physically prepared, this time. A couple of hours later, we went back. I put on my earphones and blasted music into my ears to distract the scare factor. I was terrified and I'll never do House of Horrors again.

Ouch. Poor guy. Don't think I could ever work in a maze like. Can't imagine the number of times those scare actors get punched at, kicked at and spit at on a daily basis.

Oh, I've had some painful encounters with the Mummy. One time he popped out a bit too far and we bonked heads. Not fun.. Oh, and he also got a bit close a different time and I accidentally stepped on his foot.

Let's see.. I've had a relatively pudgy woman be scared to death in front of me - so much that she backed up and started stumbling all over me (and didn't really notice or care). My friend almost slipped down the stairs in the middle of the maze. I've been pummeled by those body bags several times by ignorant people in front of me.

Note to those who plan on venturing through this attraction - despite what team members say, boundaries may be crossed (on accident, of course)!

Actually this didn't happen in the House of Horrors per say but when it was Fortress Van Helsing, I had a few monsters grabbing at my arms and legs (touching me, something that would obviously not pass at HHN). As well as saw an old lady fall on the first set of stairs right after you first enter.

Well, when it was the Mummy Chamber of Doom, my aunt and uncle and grandma and cousin all went and filmed it (great video!) and my cousin peed herself basically, since she was like 7. Very sad indeed...lol

When I took some out of town friends of my dad's to Universal in 2007 (was it still Van Helsing then?), I took them into the maze and they were so scared, and the wife punched one of the characters that scared her and started slapping him. It was hilarious but so messed up! Thank god one of the cast members stopped her...

I understand a quick subtle reflex but to not stop after the first reaction is reckless. Unfortunately a lot of people who go through HOH don't really understand the Horror Maze rules and reg.

Same here. I personally don't think a year round haunted walk through makes sense for USH anymore, considering scary maze fans have HHN, and House of Horrors is far from all inclusive. It's a very "acquired taste" type attraction, and I personally think an actual ride would make better use of the space.

One could argue "what's the difference between a scary ride and a scary walk through". Well, a scary ride you have the "protective bubble" of your ride vehicle and there are animatronics and effects. In a walk through, it's a totally different sensory experience. You're walking through, and there are live actors. It's a very different feeling, one that I'm not a fan of. I'd rather have a House of Horrors ride with all the same characters but in animatronic form and be a bit more tame than the walkthrough, but a bit scarier than the Haunted Mansion.

Reactions: alexvstorace
Same here. I personally don't think a year round haunted walk through makes sense for USH anymore, considering scary maze fans have HHN, and House of Horrors is far from all inclusive. It's a very "acquired taste" type attraction, and I personally think an actual ride would make better use of the space.

One could argue "what's the difference between a scary ride and a scary walk through". Well, a scary ride you have the "protective bubble" of your ride vehicle and there are animatronics and effects. In a walk through, it's a totally different sensory experience. You're walking through, and there are live actors. It's a very different feeling, one that I'm not a fan of. I'd rather have a House of Horrors ride with all the same characters but in animatronic form and be a bit more tame than the walkthrough, but a bit scarier than the Haunted Mansion.
Yes!!! This is exactly how I feel!

The last time I was there, it was temporarily closed for a bit of time. My friend and I went through later that day and there was a "Caution! WET" sign placed in one of the opening scenes. Someone must've been nauseous...

I hear its some HHN additions they want to bring to the daytime experience.  Having not seen it myself, I'm not exactly sure of the details.  Although I hear it has to do with the Dracula statue near the beginning.