Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Holidays 2018

Still do the most bare minimum they possibly can for the holiday season... sigh.. USH really needs to offer up a lot more because the park is dreadful during the holiday season. With Baker Street closed off, that will make the streets hell. Also no more Globe Theatre that could've been put to use. JPRA is closed... so thats one less ride for guests..

If falling snow in Hogsmeade is seriously the only "new" offering this year, that is quite sad. The crowds were unbearable last year, this year will be worse..

- Animal Actors could revamp their show into a "Santa's Little Helpers" holiday show
- Castle Theatre could be used for a legit Grinchmas show (god forbid we have sit-down indoor theatre entertainment)
- Christmas on the Atoll - A Waterworld Holiday Spectacular (just because it'd be hilarious)
- Throw something inside SS29 since its right there behind Transformers (unless a production moves back in after HHN)

Sooo just to bring this up, as @Legacy has mentioned it for Orlando, they are doing quite a bit of updates to their Grinchmas offerings. Especially for their big show.

To point the thought, who's to say Universal Hollywood may not follow a similar direction? Honestly, it'd be interesting to see them change things up from previously, which may explain why it's going to take two extra weeks .

ukGg52b.jpg
XJP4wgw.jpg

Christmas Decorations have started going up in the Wizarding World in anticipation of the Nov. 17th festivities. I was unable to find a video of it, but there's also a new ad for the holidays featuring an artistic depiction of the nightly snowfall.

Edit: Found it!

Last edited:
I went on Saturday 12/15. The park was crowded and I feel like Grinchmas and Harry potter so close is causes that area to be very congested. They should move Grinchmas to the lower lot. The Hogwarts light show was such a mess I didn't even try to see the show. May try during the week but I have may have missed my window to see the show. I just won't stand around for 45 min in a small area packed in like sardines to wait for the show.

I went on Saturday 12/15. The park was crowded and I feel like Grinchmas and Harry potter so close is causes that area to be very congested. They should move Grinchmas to the lower lot. The Hogwarts light show was such a mess I didn't even try to see the show. May try during the week but I have may have missed my window to see the show. I just won't stand around for 45 min in a small area packed in like sardines to wait for the show.

The key is to wait until the final two shows - we walked in (no queue to enter Wizarding World) and stood where we pleased.

Agreed that Grinchmas's popularity has outgrown the Universal Plaza, but I'm not convinced there's sufficient space on the Lower Lot, either - you'd just train one choke point for another. At least you can bypass the Plaza traffic jam and navigate the Upper Lot, which can't be said for the narrow Lower Lot.