Vacation in 3...2... | Inside Universal Forums

Vacation in 3...2...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 18, 2012
Winston-Salem
Hey guys! Most of you know (remember) me but for those of you who don't Im USO92 and have been a member since 2012! I don't get the chance to post much anymore which saddens me but I do lurk quite a bit.

So, I recently moved to NC about a year and a half ago and I have not been to Universal since (Used to be a pass holder and went atleast once a month). This weekend will mark the first time since my 21st birthday that Ive been able to go. Our plan is to spend 3 days staying off site and it will be my sister and a few of my cousins joining me (All of whom, including myself, have not been to Diagon).

Im a seasoned veteran when it comes to Universal and getting around to everything we want to do but Ive not been with Diagon in the picture. My question is this...How would you (those who have been) best plan out doing both parks and seeing every detail from the gate to finish?

My initial thought would be to hit Diagon first thing Saturday morning upon arriving and do everything there and kind of bounce back and forth between lands before doing anything else.

Thoughts?

Long time no see sir.

If you don't want to see DM, skip it and go to Diagon half an hour before official park opening. Ride Gringotts as much as you want, do Olivander's here, see Beedle the Bard and Celestina shows, wander, get food, etc etc. If you hit the train before noon you should not have too long of a wait, it only gets crowded USF to IOA after lunch.

Long time no see sir.

If you don't want to see DM, skip it and go to Diagon half an hour before official park opening. Ride Gringotts as much as you want, do Olivander's here, see Beedle the Bard and Celestina shows, wander, get food, etc etc. If you hit the train before noon you should not have too long of a wait, it only gets crowded USF to IOA after lunch.

That it has my friend that it has! Life continues to best me but hopefully Ill have some more time to be more active.

I appreciate the insight! Our goal is to be there first thing in the morning! Your suggestion works out nicely! Thank you!