Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (Tie in comic book) | Inside Universal Forums

Vampyre: Castle of the Undead (Tie in comic book)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 12, 2021
So in 2010, the overlay for the House of Horrors attraction was “Vampyre: Castle of the Undead” ; the only original overlay for that maze which was themed to, well, vampires. Little known is that There was a tie-in comic book for that maze, Here’s a few preview pics sourced from worthpoint:
IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg
As you can see, the art is very ugly and I doubt the story was any good (there were preview videos on YouTube, but they are lost). Still I’m kinda interested cause I think this comic dives into the backstory, which is something I’m interested in. But at the same time, I’m as heck not going to buy any remaining copies for this type of drivel, let alone read the whole thing.

I hope one day scans of the whole thing are released somewhere anyway, I have a knack for lost media, even if they’re bad.

Last edited:
I believe Vampyre was supposed to go in the Shrek overflow queue back then. I think Murdy maybe have posted this a long time ago (I thought I did or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me lol), but it was planned for Shrek until they got the Freddy and Jason remake rights and then it shoved into House of Horrors.

Part of the reason I want to see A UM: Dracula house happen this year is that I feel like it would be a window into what a standalone Vampyre house would look like.