Vista Cay Resort (Universal Area) | Inside Universal Forums

Vista Cay Resort (Universal Area)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 17, 2013
NC
Anyone familiar with this development? I just put a deposit down on a nice 2 BR condo here, through VRBO.com....for my Thanksgiving trip. The resort looks gorgeous. Wondering if anyone has experiences here.

Thanks!

I used to live in the District Apartments in front of Vista Cay. The area is very nice; just some of the residents sucked, but you'll find that anywhere. Vista Cay has a nice pool area and jogging trail around a lake. Depending on what direction your unit is facing you can see the Seaworld fireworks at night.

There is also a Publix supermarket within walking distance and a nice little pizza place called NYPD Pizza.

Traffic on that section of Universal Blvd is next to nothing unless there are any events getting out at the Convention Center.

I used to live in the District Apartments in front of Vista Cay. The area is very nice; just some of the residents sucked, but you'll find that anywhere. Vista Cay has a nice pool area and jogging trail around a lake. Depending on what direction your unit is facing you can see the Seaworld fireworks at night.

There is also a Publix supermarket within walking distance and a nice little pizza place called NYPD Pizza.

Traffic on that section of Universal Blvd is next to nothing unless there are any events getting out at the Convention Center.

Fantastic, thank you so much!

I stay here every year I go to Florida and it's amazing. You are so close to all the major parks and the accommodation is quite luxurious. A really relaxed and pleasant place to stay.

I stay here every year I go to Florida and it's amazing. You are so close to all the major parks and the accommodation is quite luxurious. A really relaxed and pleasant place to stay.

Fantastic, thank you!

(Sorry I just saw this)

Can't wait to get there.

Stayed here in August 2012. Great location - especially if self catering - for USF/IOA/Seaworld.

We stayed in a 3 bedroomed townhouse which was fantastic, but for a minor ant infestation.

Got a video from our vacation (second half shows the pool). Unfortunately only available on PC and not phones/pads/TV (thanks YouTube)
[video=youtube_share;5qkAb1TrAGY]http://youtu.be/5qkAb1TrAGY[/video]

Last edited:
It's right across from Shingle Creek and really close to everything on I-Drive but a couple miles away from Universal. It's in the perfect middle ground of near everything, but out of the craziness. As mentioned a Publix that is NEVER crowded is right by it, and a Walgreen's is really close too.

You guys rock rock rock! 25 Days till my trip, I'll be sure to post pics/videos!

- - - Updated - - -

Stayed here in August 2012. Great location - especially if self catering - for USF/IOA/Seaworld.

We stayed in a 3 bedroomed townhouse which was fantastic, but for a minor ant infestation.

Got a video from our vacation (second half shows the pool). Unfortunately only available on PC and not phones/pads/TV (thanks YouTube)
[video=youtube_share;5qkAb1TrAGY]http://youtu.be/5qkAb1TrAGY[/video]

Awesome video! Was that the Kraken from Seaworld you can see from the pool area?!