WandaVision | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wanda deserved a better ending than that. That definitely was not good.

She deserved to go full villain or face the consequences of her actions. This Thanos like ending for her was BS. I do respect the troll game Marvel played with everyone. Like none of the theories were correct aside from White Vision, and maybe Wanda going evil, they will probably save that for the Dr Strange movie.
Probably my biggest gripe is Monica being complicit with Wanda enslaving the town. "These people have no idea what you sacraficed" WTH was that.

I thought it was pretty good. I went in with the expectations that this was an expanded subplot they were able to develop into a series to help advance the movie storylines, nothing more than that.
”They basically setup CM2 with Monica and DSMM with Wanda working on her powers in isolation in Sokovia. Just wondering what happened/will happen with Vision now that he has his memories and self control."

I was really hoping I was wrong....but this might be the worst thing Marvel Studios has produced since 2013.

Also love that Darcy - a major player since the 4th episode, has like one line and disappears. In fact, that singular moment of her crashing the car, “you’re going to jail”, bye, is pretty much this show in a nutshell. The entire thing felt like buildup and the payoff was minimal at best.

And this might be more of a minor nitpick, one that we will truly see in Falcon, but for as much hype as Feige has put into saying these are movie quality productions on the small screen, the CGI in motion (specifically the flying and witch effects) and action execution in general does not smack of past efforts for Marvel.

I know I’ve been a hater the last couple weeks, but man, this past episode is exactly what I thought would happen given what came before.

Seriously loved the ending and, as a whole, enjoyed the entire series.

I'm actually very satisfied it didn't end with Wanda losing entire control and becoming a mega-evil villain. Instead she faced the consequences of her actions and instead of losing everything she loved because of the world around her, she made the decision to lose them to better herself and the world. That's powerful stuff, IMO.

I'm actually really stoked that we can go into MoM with more questions than just knowing Strange is after her to stop her or something similar. Instead perhaps it will be Strange seeking her out because she's gotten 'lost' trying to re-find the world she loves in a positive way.

The only disappointment I have was White Vision disappearing so quickly after gaining/re-gaining his memories but I suppose they're holding that off for something in the future. Not to mention it wouldn't be as satisfying if she had to sacrifice her world only to just regain most of it five minutes later so I can see why he's going to lurk in the shadows for a little bit.

I really, really think a disappointment with this series comes from, as others have said, believing this was going to be the source of x,y or z in the MCU or that it was going to turn into this theory or that theory.

The show was always about Wanda's journey, the penultimate episode really hammers that home. This is her journey through the stages of grief in which she has massively strong super powers and can alter the world around her to create 'the perfect world' with the thing she loved more than anything and hurt her so much when she lost. To see her battle and struggle with the consequences of her actions and ultimately decide to once again kill the things she loves makes her one of the more interesting characters in their catalog. She's not just a token foreigner who has a tragic backstory and can do magic stuff, she's a fully fleshed our character who we've seen have every emotion in the book thanks to this show. So Bravo to Marvel for dedicating time for this story.

I already see the fandom police pushing back against those who are upset, saying it’s their own fault because they got crazy with theories.

1. This show was designed and constructed with the intention of getting people to theorize in between the weekly episodes

2. Because of #1, the show constantly set up questions that they knew it wouldn’t answer for the sole purpose of sparking online conversation (see: “aerospace engineer” - they knew exactly what that line was going to cause)

3. The main two stars of the show trolled the viewers by setting up a massive cameo that was never fulfilled

4. The show’s greatest twist turned out to be just a setup with the intention of subverting expectations (that they caused people to build up by introducing such an unmistakably meta twist)

With that being said, if a fan feels completely disappointed/manipulated, my points above exemplify why that is not their fault. The series was designed to manipulate people, pure and simple. I wish people would stop shaming others for how they react to their favorite media.

I’m choosing to both acknowledge the problems with this show and appreciate it for what it is simultaneously. After reflecting a bit, I realized again that this whole series was a gigantic leap for the MCU. They largely pulled off a concept that no one could have imagined and one that people didn’t think would work at all when it was announced. I’m looking forward to how they address these storylines in DSMOM and CM2.

I already see the fandom police pushing back against those who are upset, saying it’s their own fault because they got crazy with theories.

Not policing anybody, just putting my own views on the show out, same as everyone else. I don't even overly love the MCU so I wouldn't even say I'm huge into the fandom at all.

I'm not shaming anybody for not liking the show, you can feel however you want to. I would just say that, yes, I think if your main problems with the show revolve around feeling manipulated because Evan Peters was cast and fans spiraled that into whatever they wanted to, Paul Bettany made a random joke before the series began (which, in hindsight I love even more now because it's absolutely hilarious) and it was a weekly series with space in between for you to think about where the story could go, I do think you're skipping over the most critical components for how to judge a film or movie. That's just my take. You can hate whatever you want for whatever reason you want to, just the same as I can criticize you for that reason. Nobody is 'right', it's just a conversational debate.

I'll take a wonderfully shot, emotionally resonate, nicely scored and amazingly acted work over one that sets up Quicksilver as being a mutant from another dimension and a cameo from Patrick Stewart saying 'You're a mutant, Wanda' just because that's what I wanted to see.

Quick thoughts:

Fine. It gives me Iron Man 3 vibes somewhat this episode--in not a good way to where it bogs things down a bit. That said, the implications from this episode on certain elements are something that I am excited for.

Reactions: WAJAS
Not policing anybody, just putting my own views on the show out, same as everyone else. I don't even overly love the MCU so I wouldn't even say I'm huge into the fandom at all.

I'm not shaming anybody for not liking the show, you can feel however you want to. I would just say that, yes, I think if your main problems with the show revolve around feeling manipulated because Evan Peters was cast and fans spiraled that into whatever they wanted to, Paul Bettany made a random joke before the series began (which, in hindsight I love even more now because it's absolutely hilarious) and it was a weekly series with space in between for you to think about where the story could go, I do think you're skipping over the most critical components for how to judge a film or movie. That's just my take. You can hate whatever you want for whatever reason you want to, just the same as I can criticize you for that reason. Nobody is 'right', it's just a conversational debate.

I'll take a wonderfully shot, emotionally resonate, nicely scored and amazingly acted work over one that sets up Quicksilver as being a mutant from another dimension and a cameo from Patrick Stewart saying 'You're a mutant, Wanda' just because that's what I wanted to see.

Oh, I wasn’t talking about you. Your post was good. I was referring to some snarky a-holes on other sites

My argument is that the cinematography was solid during the sitcoms, but lacking in real world. The emotional components didn’t register until the final 2 episodes, and even then, weren’t really impactful save for the final 5 minutes. The score was solid if unmemorable and the acting was hit or miss. Olsen and Bettany were great, but the guy who played Hayward was bad, Hahn wasn’t believable once she went serious and Parris was okay in her role, but did not convince me she is some new MCU hero-level good.

So here’s a crazy thought...this show would have been way better as a movie.

In retrospect, since the mystery wasn’t really there at the end of the day, they could have condensed this into a 2-2.5 hour movie and hit home so much better. The sitcom breakaways and tidbits each week led to speculation that wouldn’t have even happened during a movie. If it’s a mystery with a week between each airing, it needs to payoff since there’s time for water cooler talk between episodes.

Last edited:
Wanda deserved a better ending than that. That definitely was not good.
The thing is, this is only really the beginning. She JUST discovered she has these awesome witch powers. Moving forward in the movies (MoM specifically) is when we'll see her really kick some ass.

I think it's important for everyone to understand what the Disney+ series actually are versus the movies. The movies are designed so if you miss the Disney+ series, you won't feel lost. Kevin Feige has said so himself. The Disney+ series are basically extra character development for the under-developed characters.

I enjoyed it. It set up big things going forward and the series as a whole was a fun ride. The only issue I have was they focused on Evan Peters being Ralph for like 2 seconds (but they also never told us who he actually is as Ralph was simply a character in Wanda's world) and never came back to him. I think they are leaving it open for him to possibly show up again going forward, but who knows.

Last edited:
I felt as though this show had so much unnecessary stuff that I do agree it could've been a movie. The very simplified story is that Wanda became the Scarlet Witch and accepted her grief. (Obviously there was a bit more but this was the main focus) The sitcom stuff in retrospect was pretty meaningless too. Overall the show was a 7/10; I still enjoyed waiting each week and speculating on what's gonna happen next.

Reactions: HalfGlass
So, I was watching Dan Murrell's review of the episode and he actually pointed something very interesting out:
In Bohner's lair, there was a very, very prominent baseball jersey hung in a shot between Monica and "Ralph". The jersey that was in the shot was #19 Chris Davis of the Baltimore Orioles. Why is this relevant? Well, in the Fox X-Men movies, Pietro/Quicksilver was originally said to be living "just outside of Washington, DC". Baltimore is obviously just outside of DC.

Long story short, I think there's a decent chance this is the Fox quicksilver still.

Here's the still from that scene:
zKlmYIP.png
I felt as though this show had so much unnecessary stuff that I do agree it could've been a movie. The very simplified story is that Wanda became the Scarlet Witch and accepted her grief. (Obviously there was a bit more but this was the main focus) The sitcom stuff in retrospect was pretty meaningless too. Overall the show was a 7/10; I still enjoyed waiting each week and speculating on what's gonna happen next.
The sitcom stuff wasn't meaningless at all. It was representative of her grief. In sitcoms, everything is resolved by the end of the episode. Nothing bad actually happens. That's why Wanda was so attached to the sitcom format.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo
So, I was watching Dan Murrell's review of the episode and he actually pointed something very interesting out:
In Bohner's lair, there was a very, very prominent baseball jersey hung in a shot between Monica and "Ralph". The jersey that was in the shot was #19 Chris Davis of the Baltimore Orioles. Why is this relevant? Well, in the Fox X-Men movies, Pietro/Quicksilver was originally said to be living "just outside of Washington, DC".

Long story short, I think there's a decent chance this is the Fox quicksilver still.

Here's the still from that scene:
zKlmYIP.png

The sitcom stuff wasn't meaningless at all. It was representative of her grief. In sitcoms, everything is resolved by the end of the episode. Nothing bad actually happens. That's why Wanda was so attached to the sitcom format.
I agree it wasn’t meaningless, but wayyyy too much time was spent on it. They could have had half the amount of sitcom episodes and it wouldn’t have changed the impact of seeing how it manifested as her grief. That’s what brings me back to this working as a movie. It’s very clear the creators were more interested in pulling on nostalgic strings and showing “oh yeah look, we can imitate that era of TV”. Sadly, their imitation and the shows it parodied were never as good or funny as the real thing...not even close frankly.

I agree it wasn’t meaningless, but wayyyy too much time was spent on it. They could have had half the amount of sitcom episodes and it wouldn’t have changed the impact of seeing how it manifested as her grief. That’s what brings me back to this working as a movie. It’s very clear the creators were more interested in pulling on nostalgic strings and showing “oh yeah look, we can imitate that era of TV”. Sadly, their imitation and the shows it parodied were never as good or funny as the real thing...not even close frankly.
No, there was absolutely no chance of a Scarlet Witch movie being made before this show. She had all of 20 total minutes of actual screen time before this series. She wasn't popular or known beyond MCU fans.

This show has made her probably the most popular female superhero in the MCU (if not one of the most popular female superheroes, period) and one of the most popular Avengers period now. She could easily lead her own movie *now*, but before this, a Scarlet Witch movie probably wouldn't have even brought in Ant-Man money. This was great character development for her in the lead-up to her starring in Multiverse of Madness.