WandaVision | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In retrospect, that's definitely what he meant. Which would've been fine but for the rest of the hype that grew (or arguably was cultivated) around this show.
If memory serves correct, he didn't make that comment until about mid-season, and with fan speculation at that point pretty much at it's peak, I just think if he was gonna make that comment, he should've worded it better, but it was ultimately, in my opinion, irresponsible to lead people on the way he did through that comment. Because people started formulating fairly rationale guesses as to who it could be, getting their expectations raised based on his comment when he was simply talking about himself all along.

And don't get me wrong, I'm happy for everyone who enjoyed this. Definitely don't want to take away from that. It just isn't clicking for me unfortunately even though I was really sold almost all season. I felt a little concerned about how they'd wrap it all up after last week, and just felt off after this ending.

I definitely believe that Quicksilver/Ralph has to be brought back and explained at some point and there's probably a good chance I'll be happier then and maybe years from now I can look back on this show through a better perspective. But, man... I just shouldn't be praying for so many things to be wrapped up in future movies.
And I ultimately did enjoy this. But I do like having these conversations as it does help make me realize some of the things that just don't make sense or were straight up stupid. As @Scott W. said, I honestly don't really know what Hayward's true motive was other than to I guess make superheroes out to be the bad guy? Also, what the hell with White Vision? Another unanswered question that I assume will be answered in the future. Fake Vision just sort of talked some sense into him and made him realize that he was the true vision and what, he just flies off. Possibly to outer space where I assume Fury still is?

And I ultimately did enjoy this. But I do like having these conversations as it does help make me realize some of the things that just don't make sense or were straight up stupid. As @Scott W. said, I honestly don't really know what Hayward's true motive was other than to I guess make superheroes out to be the bad guy? Also, what the hell with White Vision? Another unanswered question that I assume will be answered in the future. Fake Vision just sort of talked some sense into him and made him realize that he was the true vision and what, he just flies off. Possibly to outer space where I assume Fury still is?
I feel the same way. It can just as easily sell me on things I may have missed or misinterpreted.

Hayward seemed like he could've had an interesting arc in the first half of the series and then got crazier and crazier and ended the show shooting at kids :lol: I genuinely thought he had to be a skrull or something because his motives seemed so bizarre.

I was actually just about to mention White Vision as well. He gets his memories back and just leaves. I definitely assume this means he comes back at some point and with those memories, how different from "Vision" will he truly be? Should I even be sad about "Vision's" fate in that case?

Wouldn't surprise me @ Fury since people are theorizing that's what the Skrull was referencing in the 1st post credit scene.

Also, Agatha kept referring to her husband Ralph in the first few episodes, so this weird Quicksilver character was in this universe the entire show.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. It can just as easily sell me on things I may have missed or misinterpreted.

Hayward seemed like he could've had an interesting arc in the first half of the series and then got crazier and crazier and ended the show shooting at kids :lol: I genuinely thought he had to be a skrull or something because his motives seemed so bizarre.

I was actually just about the mention White Vision as well. He gets his memories back and just leaves. I definitely assume this means he comes back at some point and with those memories, how different from "Vision" will he truly be. Should I even be sad about "Vision's" fate in that case?

Wouldn't surprise me @ Fury since people are theorizing that's what the Skrull was referencing in the 1st post credit scene.

Also, Agatha kept referring to her husband Ralph in the first few episodes, so this weird Quicksilver character was in this universe the entire show.
It also means Ralph isn't really Ralph. Everyone in that bubble had a different name and personality from who they really are. So once Wanda got rid of the Hex, that means Ralph went back to being either whatever nobody he was before (which I still feel would just be a weird way to use Evan Peters), or he's someone special that will show up again in the future. Hell, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see Agatha again in MoM, but more in her "teacher" mode from the comics.

It also means Ralph isn't really Ralph. Everyone in that bubble had a different name and personality from who they really are. So once Wanda got rid of the Hex, that means Ralph went back to being either whatever nobody he was before (which I still feel would just be a weird way to use Evan Peters), or he's someone special that will show up again in the future. Hell, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see Agatha again in MoM, but more in her "teacher" mode from the comics.
My brain hurts :lol: I definitely think Agatha will return at some point, but I genuinely don't know if I think it could be as soon as MoM or this is a long term ploy like a Red Skull or something.

Also, apparently Paul did indeed confirm that the surprise was just himself and he regretted the joke after seeing how the internet took off with it:

Reactions: Nick
It would've been nice if he clarified that weeks ago. Although let's be honest, the people at Disney+ were probably loving the buzz that comment stirred up so he just didn't say anything.

Reactions: Tbad556
Without even the fan theories,

The villains were weak and lacked the necessary screentime to understand their motivations, Monica was essentially pointless and just to introduce a character for later, Darcy was just mainly used to add exposition, and Marvel used stunt casting which is the cheapest trick.

I liked it, The action was great and right out of the movies didn't feel cheap.

I get how not everyone will be happy with this...but I think it did what it wanted very well and was a good ride.

I just wish that it didn't just boil down to action in the end. If the show had kept up with the tone of Epsido 5 where there was still conflict but not all-out fighting I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more.

Reactions: Grabnar
Both Villains ended up being boring one note villains. Agatha "I want your power!!: Heywood "I want a working VIsion I control!!" One was had a better actor and a catchy theme song so everyone thinks she is the best thing since Loki. End of the day she's just as depthless as most of the other Marvel villains.

I really think this show benefitted from the Marvel draught of new content. Everyone had starving man and a cracker syndrome, when they finally got some Marvel content it felt like it was the best thing ever, when really it was just kind of meh and disappointing.

I also think this would of played better as a 2 hour Disney+ movie. There was way to much filler especially in those early episodes where nothing happened.

Reactions: HalfGlass and WAJAS
Both Villains ended up being boring one note villains. Agatha "I want your power!!: Heywood "I want a working VIsion I control!!" One was had a better actor and a catchy theme song so everyone thinks she is the best thing since Loki. End of the day she's just as depthless as most of the other Marvel villains.

I really think this show benefitted from the Marvel draught of new content. Everyone had starving man and a cracker syndrome, when they finally got some Marvel content it felt like it was the best thing ever, when really it was just kind of meh and disappointing.

I also think this would of played better as a 2 hour Disney+ movie. There was way to much filler especially in those early episodes where nothing happened.
Kinda but I also think its not bad....like really its still a good story. People just wanted it to be much much more.

I thought the show was about Wanda and Vision and yep lived up to that....if people think Loki is going to have like Silver Surfer show up or something like that then get ready to be disappointed

Kinda but I also think its not bad....like really its still a good story. People just wanted it to be much much more.

I thought the show was about Wanda and Vision and yep lived up to that....if people think Loki is going to have like Silver Surfer show up or something like that then get ready to be disappointed

It's not the worst thing on TV, but it also isn't the best Marvel thing ever with the best villain either, like a lot of people are proclaiming.

The fans were already disappointed Silver Surfer wasn't in Thor Ragnarock. But to your point, Marvel knew what putting Peters in WV would mean to the fans, they also knew what the fans would most likely think by saying WV leads to the next Dr Strange movie. For fans to expect Cumberbatch or the FoXmen showing up isn't that far of a leap.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
So after further thought, i've come to the conclusion that Dr. Strange 2 being pushed back 11 months hurts the momentum of this story arc a bit. This show was originally (before actually being moved up to Fall 2020 and then back to early 2021 due to Covid), going to air during this time period during this year no matter what.

If COVID had never happened, we'd be looking forward to Multiverse of Madness in just roughly 2 months time. Instead, we have to wait until almost April of next year to see parts of this story continue, which to me is the biggest disappointment. I do wonder if anything from WandaVision will tie into Loki though as Loki also is part of the Multiverse of Madness story-arc.

EDIT:
Just ran across the tweet basically with the same general conclusion.

Reactions: Legacy
So after further thought, i've come to the conclusion that Dr. Strange 2 being pushed back 11 months hurts the momentum of this story arc a bit. This show was originally (before actually being moved up to Fall 2020 and then back to early 2021 due to Covid), going to air during this time period during this year no matter what.

If COVID had never happened, we'd be looking forward to Multiverse of Madness in just roughly 2 months time. Instead, we have to wait until almost April of next year to see parts of this story continue, which to me is the biggest disappointment. I do wonder if anything from WandaVision will tie into Loki though as Loki also is part of the Multiverse of Madness story-arc.

EDIT:
Just ran across the tweet basically with the same general conclusion.

That’s a good point. Despite my feelings on the show I did want to see if Wanda goes full villain and how they deal with that. Now there will be what 4 movies and 3 tv shows between now and then? Not to mention the Star Wars stuff that will be going by then too. Speaking for myself, I’m probably not going to care by then unless she pops up in some stuff just to remind me she’s there.
There’s a lot of rumors of her being in the Slider Man movie. But considering how the rumors panned out with WV I’m inclined to not believe them.

That’s a good point. Despite my feelings on the show I did want to see if Wanda goes full villain and how they deal with that. Now there will be what 4 movies and 3 tv shows between now and then? Not to mention the Star Wars stuff that will be going by then too. Speaking for myself, I’m probably not going to care by then unless she pops up in some stuff just to remind me she’s there.
There’s a lot of rumors of her being in the Slider Man movie. But considering how the rumors panned out with WV I’m inclined to not believe them.
I believe 4 shows at least, not just 3:
  • Falcon and the Winter Soldier
  • Loki
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Hawkeye
I don't know if Hawkeye still will be airing in 2021 or moved to early 2022, but either way it will air before Dr. Strange 2. Black Widow just feels like such a step backwards imo after this set us up to go forward. I mean, the movie is set in 2017 or so, right? The best thing to come from that movie is Yelena Belova, but the rumor is her future-self is going to actual debut first in F&WS.

Instead, we have to wait until almost April of next year to see parts of this story continue, which to me is the biggest disappointment.

Feige himself has said NO WAY HOME is an integral part of this arc (he talked about WANDAVISION, SPIDEY, and DOCTOR STRANGE essentially being a three-part story).

Still a while to wait, but at least not a full year.

Reactions: Nick
So final thought on Evan Peters/Ralph... I don't mind if he was just a misdirect (it was after all still fun to see him and he provided some great moments in the Halloween episode), but I sort of wish they would have used Aaron Taylor-Johnson instead of Peters. ATJ's Pietro is already dead, so it wouldn't have built expectations as much and it also would've been fun casting just to see him again if the whole Pietro thing was just to ultimately hit fans with a boner joke, anyway.

Feige himself has said NO WAY HOME is an integral part of this arc (he talked about WANDAVISION, SPIDEY, and DOCTOR STRANGE essentially being a three-part story).
Well yeah, but I doubt we'll see Wanda aside from a post-credits scene in that movie. I really want to see her go full big bad, which seems to be the path that she's on now that she's studying the Darkhold.

Well yeah, but I doubt we'll see Wanda aside from a post-credits scene in that movie. I really want to see her go full big bad, which seems to be the path that she's on now that she's studying the Darkhold.

My hunch, based on nothing, is that we're going to have an IRON MAN 2/THE INCREDIBLE HULK situation, where both stories are unfolding roughly at the same time (which would explain why Doctor Strange didn't show up when a massive magic anomaly appeared in the state right next door to where he lives -- he's already occupied with whatever's going to be happening in NO WAY HOME).

My hunch, based on nothing, is that we're going to have an IRON MAN 2/THE INCREDIBLE HULK situation, where both stories are unfolding roughly at the same time (which would explain why Doctor Strange didn't show up when a massive magic anomaly appeared in the state right next door to where he lives... because he's already occupied with whatever's going to be happening in NO WAY HOME).
It actually wouldn't explain why Dr. Strange didn't appear in this story (besides budgetary reasons). WandaVision occurs mere weeks after the events of Endgame according to the important people behind that show. Spider-Man: Far From Home conversely was 8 months after Endgame and No Way Home/Strange 2 will obviously be even further down the road.

Reactions: belloq87
The White Vision/ship conversation felt like a plot hole. At first seemed like it was neutral so it felt like he couldn’t destroy either. His mission was to destroy the true Vision. By the time he flies off it seemed like he viewed himself as the true Vision…which would mean he’d have to self destruct. So essentially, his memories overrode his mission? Seemed kind of lazy.