Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What are some non-horror IPs that would make good mazes

I went to the screening of Nowhere at the Academy Museum and I kept thinking about how it could make for a fun house lol. A whole indie you would be fun (wouldn't happen for obvious reasons)

172e38_8290d6e518c842aab0746e04d3607ec5~mv2.jpg

MV5BZjU4ZDdmMzUtYzFlMi00Y2I0LWE5ZDItNzI1Y2YwZmJmYmI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2NzgwOTE@._V1_.jpg

I think Shrek would be phenomenal (while acknowledging it'll never happen). Great facade to work with, tons of magical creatures to work with, and of course the titular murderous ogre.

It's been mentioned before but the first Terminator is basically a slasher film. They'll have to decide how they want to represent the guns (a whole house built around them becomes an issue if you have to alter it like Horrors of Blumhouse did) but it could be a fun house, short and nasty.

I think Shrek would be phenomenal (while acknowledging it'll never happen). Great facade to work with, tons of magical creatures to work with, and of course the titular murderous ogre.
This feels like a parody maze or sequence that Knotts would do like 15 years ago. While i love the rise in popularity and the determination to establish the brand, I miss the playful ribbing of universal and non-horror properties in mazes like Toon Territory

I do wonder if Universal Creative have ever thought about doing another Jurassic Park themed haunted house, like what we got back in 2002 for Islands of Fear.

Funny enough, the concept of Evilution and mutant dinosaurs/creatures doesn't seem so out of place within that IP nowadays, considering the Jurassic World movies, particularly the first two.

Last edited:
Good find!!! I haven't seen that movie in forever.

I would add Nothing but Trouble to the list. Could make for an interesting Dark Comedy house with a Texas Chainsaw feel
I've saw this movie for the first time last year (or maybe this year? I don't remember) and I'm never going to get my time back. What a truly weird but awful film. It doesn't need a maze :lmao:
dan aykroyd 90s GIF by absurdnoise

I've saw this movie for the first time last year (or maybe this year? I don't remember) and I'm never going to get my time back. What a truly weird but awful film. It doesn't need a maze :lmao:
dan aykroyd 90s GIF by absurdnoise
I feel your pain. No imagine seeing it new at the height of Chase, Aykroyd, Candy and Moore's popularity. How did a collection of guys who made the funniest movies in the past 10 years end up with ... this???

I would love to see what they do witn a White Lotus house. The show involves vacation and death, fits HHN well. You probably don’t want to advertise death on a vacation… but I feel they could get creative. Would also be funny. It won’t happen but just throwing it out there.

They can easily focus more on the wacky and murder aspects of the show rather than deep social commentary too.

I really, really want to see a mash-up house of different Alfred Hitchcock movies. Now that the Universal Monsters have been given their proper due (Albeit they are far more iconic than Hitchcock), it’s time to give the Master of suspense his proper due!

Although his *arguably* most famous work is a horror film, most of his movies aren’t really horror films, which is why I brought it up here. They do share some horror elements in his films, just enough to where I think they can do a good Hitchcock mash up house if they do it right.

I would really like to see Psycho (Duh!), Rear Window, Vertigo, and the Birds repped in the house. Put those together and I think you would have something truly unique.

As much as I would want this, I sadly don’t see this being really appealing to the GP. But I would love for them to do this just for the sake of doing something that honors cinematic history and would be something cool and different for HHN.

I feel your pain. No imagine seeing it new at the height of Chase, Aykroyd, Candy and Moore's popularity. How did a collection of guys who made the funniest movies in the past 10 years end up with ... this???
I unironically love this movie so much lol worked with someone who was heavily involved with the film and I had so many questions. Basically, it got butchered by a TV exec who was now running the film division and had all sorts of ideas of how it should be filmed, written, etc., and was just on their backs every day so Akroyd lost a bit of control or would push it to weird realms to just piss him off. Either way, I love the weird result that came to be.

I really, really want to see a mash-up house of different Alfred Hitchcock movies. Now that the Universal Monsters have been given their proper due (Albeit they are far more iconic than Hitchcock), it’s time to give the Master of suspense his proper due!

Although his *arguably* most famous work is a horror film, most of his movies aren’t really horror films, which is why I brought it up here. They do share some horror elements in his films, just enough to where I think they can do a good Hitchcock mash up house if they do it right.

I would really like to see Psycho (Duh!), Rear Window, Vertigo, and the Birds repped in the house. Put those together and I think you would have something truly unique.

As much as I would want this, I sadly don’t see this being really appealing to the GP. But I would love for them to do this just for the sake of doing something that honors cinematic history and would be something cool and different for HHN.
It'd be so cool as an HHN tram. Imagine, original little gauntlet, bates motel sets but maybe you actually go inside to see recreations of the sets. Maybe 747 is Birds?