Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What we know, and what we think we know...

Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Is 1/3 of the $1.5B/10 Year Expansion Plan:

Potter=$400M
Transformers=$115M
Seuss addition=$50M+??? (Total guess.)
Cabana Bay=$35M

That's $600M.

That's $900M to spend.

Let the speculation begin.

Last edited:
For fun

Really going out there,
Gotham overlay at Marvel 200M
New Waterpark 200M
Lord of the Rings Overlay at LC 200M
Revamp of Kidszone 75
New Nightshow at IOA 25M
Parking and facility upgrades 50M

I have read articles that state that while the Singapore TF cost over $100K to develop from scratch and create, the Hollywood version cost far less, something closer to $40-$50 million. Research and engineering development as well as Lucasfilm not involved in animation and rendering have no impact on these copies. (imagine if the scoops had been part of the development for Singapore, the price would have far exceeded $100K.)

I have read articles that state that while the Singapore TF cost over $100K to develop from scratch and create, the Hollywood version cost far less, something closer to $40-$50 million. Research and engineering development as well as Lucasfilm not involved in animation and rendering have no impact on these copies. (imagine if the scoops had been part of the development for Singapore, the price would have far exceeded $100K.)

Funny you mention this. I just saw an image of a doc that said 45 million but I blew it off :lol:

I think something big being done to Kidzone is most likely a lock. I'd almost say the same thing about something being done with the LC scraps and adding a nighttime show in IOA. Plus something has got to be done with Fear Factor.

Other than that the other areas for improvement I see are Twister, T2, and the Toon Lagoon Theater.

Let's just hope this kidzone revamp doesn't mean that we say our goodbyes to E.T. on another note, T2 at Hollywood is scheduled to be removed. so I could see it being removed in Florida as well. Shrek to me is also on the chopping block as well as twister. I have to admit, Dragon challenge just doesn't fit for me in WWOHP. I would much rather you bulldoze it and put a quittage coaster being put in it's place. but that won't be happening well aftter phase 2 is complete.

Last edited:
Let's just hope this kidzone revamp doesn't mean that we say our goodbyes to E.T. on another note, T2 at Hollywood is scheduled to be removed. so I could see it being removed in Florida as well. Shrek to me is also on the chopping block as well as twister. I have to admit, Dragon challenge just doesn't fit for me in WWOHP. I would much rather you bulldoze it and put a quittage coaster being put in it's place. but that won't be happening well aftter phase 2 is complete.

I don't understand why USH doesn't replace Shrek 4D with Despicable Me. To the point, there are no reasons to get rid of T2 while there are many reasons to get rid of Shrek 4D.

Shrek may be part of the bulldoze effort for Potter, but we don't know that yet. Also is the 1.5B for all parks or just the Orlando resort?

$35M is enough to build a hotel in Central Florida with about 300 hotel rooms. Flipside though, $200M would build the greatest waterpark the world has ever seen.

I thought something Simpsons-related was also pretty much a lock.
Definitely a nighttime show at IoA.
If they really want to plan for the future, they'd be wise to acquire some land with a portion of this.

Also is the 1.5B for all parks or just the Orlando resort?

I'd say just Orlando.... USH had a $1.6 billion plan approved within the past few weeks/months but it's more parking/studio/infrastructure related and only appeared to include provisions for two attractions.

Last edited:
Just spitballing.... :wave:

Potter
Transformers
KidZone Redo
LC Redo
Springfield
IOA Nighttime Show
Toon Lagoon Theater Show
Discovery Center Upgrades
Dragon Challenge Theming
FFL Replacement
Seuss/JP Addtion
Cabana Bay
Water Park
CityWalk Addition
Racing Attraction (USF)
Monsters Cafe's Overlay
Twister Replacement
Beetlejuice Replacement
Infrastructure Upgrades (WiFi, TM Parking)
Dudley Refurbishment
JPRA Refurbishment
Mummy Refurbishment

Potter
Transformers
KidZone Redo
LC Redo
Springfield
IOA Nighttime Show
Toon Lagoon Theater Show
Dragon Challenge Theming
FFL Replacement
Seuss/JP Addtion
Cabana Bay
Water Park
CityWalk Addition
Racing Attraction (USF)
Monsters Cafe's Overlay
Twister Replacement
Beetlejuice Replacement
Dudley Refurbishment
JPRA Refurbishment
Mummy Refurbishment

Yes please :pray:

Shrek is a much more relevant franchise at this point. That's why.

But it's better to upgrade a great ride like T2, which is apparently not as good as the one in Orlando, and replace an ok ride like Shrek 4D with DM. It might be old, but it's a lot better than Shrek.

- - - Updated - - -

Potter
Transformers
KidZone Redo
LC Redo
Springfield
IOA Nighttime Show
Toon Lagoon Theater Show
Dragon Challenge Theming
FFL Replacement
Seuss/JP Addtion
Cabana Bay
Water Park
CityWalk Addition
Racing Attraction (USF)
Monsters Cafe's Overlay
Twister Replacement
Beetlejuice Replacement
Dudley Refurbishment
JPRA Refurbishment
Mummy Refurbishment

If all of this happened in the next decade= golden age of Universal Orlando

Potter - All, but confirmed
Transformers - All, but confirmed
KidZone Redo - Extremely Likely
LC Redo - Very likely with Potter 2.0
Springfield - Games added along with new queue theming
IOA Nighttime Show - Possibility
Toon Lagoon Theater Show - Possibility
Discovery Center Upgrades - Maybe eventually; just a wish as of now
Dragon Challenge Theming - Maybe eventually; just a wish as of now
FFL Replacement - Fairly likely to happen in the near future
Seuss/JP Addition - Maybe eventually; just a wish as of now
Cabana - Confirmed
Water Park - Extremely Likely
CityWalk Addition - Very likely considering how often CityWalk adds shops; Plus, PYQ just opened
Racing Attraction (USF) - ?
Monsters Cafe's Overlay - Very possible thanks to Transformers
Twister Replacement - Maybe eventually; just a wish as of now
Beetlejuice Replacement - Maybe eventually; just a wish as of now
Infrastructure Upgrades (WiFi, TM Parking) - Already underway
Dudley Refurbishment - Already an annual thing
JPRA Refurbishment - Already an annual thing
Mummy Refurbishment - Somewhat already underway (new projections, etc); strong possibility of more in the near future

Does this seem about right?

Racing Attraction (USF) - ?

Does this seem about right?

Yeah, most of that was purely my dream about the many improvements that Uni could still make.

Also, I was talking about the possibility of bringing Universal Studios Russia's concept of a "Fast and the Furious" attraction using a Test Track-like ride system to USF on the expansion pad between MiB and Simpsons. Obviously won't ever ever happen.....but I did say I was only spitballing.