Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What would you do if they close down Jurassic Park: The Ride?

May 4, 2013
The thing that I would do is get angry and probably not go to the park as often because that ride has been there for a long time and so memorable, I just thought I would bring this up because of the NBC Universal plan happening  the one that there is going to be a new ride every year. What do you think about this?

Jurassic Park isn't going anywhere anytime soon. However, if they were to randomly decide to remove it, I'd ride the HECK out of it before removal and then mope about it for the next few months.  :)

Well Jurassic Park isn't on the chopping block for the expansion plan and I think it probably never will be.

It's awkward hill location would be too costly to remove and put something different.

Dinosaurs, the ride and the original movie are timeless, and Universal has another trilogy planned. JP ain't goin anywhere.

If it WAS planned to close, Adri and I would chain ourselves to the JP arch or something.

Not kidding about the chaining ourselves part you guys....

It's just a really good ride and i was worried that's all but I wonder how they are going to pull off the evolution plan

If it WAS planned to close, Adri and I would chain ourselves to the JP arch or something.

Not kidding about the chaining ourselves part you guys....

Hahaha! I'd probably buy out all the merchandise in Jurassic Outfitters before they'd close it.

It's just a really good ride and i was worried that's all but I wonder how they are going to pull off the evolution plan
It's a great ride without a doubt. You can find the Evolution Plan details in the other threads.  :)

I'd probably forcibly buy all the animatronics...lol

Jerry, you can find extensive info on the expansion plans in certain articles on the main insideuniversal.net site. JP isn't planned to be touched. (Ever lol)

I'd like to think Jurassic Park is Hollywood's version of It's a Small World, so I really doubt the ride's going anywhere.

It's the only water attraction in the entire park, and there's no where else to get wet during the summer besides the various water playgrounds they currently have in store.

But then again, Jaws...

I would chain myselft too. It is such an amazing ride... I guess it will be the Pirates of the Caribbean type of ride for USH. The one that is has always been there and so popular that it would backfire to remove it. That actually happened with Magic Kingdom in Orlando... no Pirates was featured when it opened and the outrage was such that they had to remove one attraction and do pirates... that is why the Floride version is like 6 mins shorter to it's sibling in Anaheim... JP won't go anyway but it seriously needs to be refurbished for the new movie... the facade has been in pretty bad shape for a long time. I f you compare it with the one in Florida it looks awful. The one in Florida apparently has been kept in shape. New animatronics please!!! And more foliage, please that doesn't require much. It just needs to show that Universal loves this ride as much as we do...

I'd like to think Jurassic Park is Hollywood's version of It's a Small World, so I really doubt the ride's going anywhere.

It's the only water attraction in the entire park, and there's no where else to get wet during the summer besides the various water playgrounds they currently have in store.

But then again, Jaws...
But lets be reallistic... Jaws great ride but it wasn't a thrill ride... it was like a trip in a boat and that's it... but JP has the big drop... let's hope it is the sacred cow for USH

Jaws had small thrills in it, and could be enjoyed by people of all ages. We should retheme JP to Jaws, and instead of a t-rex popping out at the finale, Bruce would.  :lol:

I would chain myselft too. It is such an amazing ride... I guess it will be the Pirates of the Caribbean type of ride for USH. The one that is has always been there and so popular that it would backfire to remove it. That actually happened with Magic Kingdom in Orlando... no Pirates was featured when it opened and the outrage was such that they had to remove one attraction and do pirates... that is why the Floride version is like 6 mins shorter to it's sibling in Anaheim... JP won't go anyway but it seriously needs to be refurbished for the new movie... the facade has been in pretty bad shape for a long time. I f you compare it with the one in Florida it looks awful. The one in Florida apparently has been kept in shape. New animatronics please!!! And more foliage, please that doesn't require much. It just needs to show that Universal loves this ride as much as we do...

But lets be reallistic... Jaws great ride but it wasn't a thrill ride... it was like a trip in a boat and that's it... but JP has the big drop... let's hope it is the sacred cow for USH
I really want more animatronics and the ones that is already there I want them to move more

Yeah, Agreed All the way! jurassic park won't be going anywhere. and if it did closed.. i would definitely chain my self too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just show some love!!! and please refurbish in the winter where I won't make the same mistake again on riding it... i rode it on New Year's Eve and almost died of hypothermia...

I think if they completely redo the dinosaurs (that would take FOREVER to do, though), the ride could be an unforgettable experience for many more years to come. I think taking out Jurassic Park at the moment would probably be Universal's biggest mistake in its entire history. We're already lacking on attractions due to the amount of construction, which is why I'm so unbelievably excited for the Evolution Plan to start moving forward this September.

Reasons why jurassic park won't leave:

#1 Jurassic Park 4 is coming out next year.

#2 It's popular with General Pubic ( The public that wants more Rides in the park )

#3  Too Expensive to Replace.