USF Prop Shop Update Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Prop Shop Update Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess she hated the Prop Shop like she hated the Parade....Hopefully these shutdowns get replaced (New Parade or live show in empty theaters) instead of just becoming a bottom line cost savings in a park suffering
capacity problems (not to say that Williams had any substantial capacity effect). Just too much empty stuff in USF at the same time that crowds are massive.

I guess she hated the Prop Shop like she hated the Parade....Hopefully these shutdowns get replaced (New Parade or live show in empty theaters) instead of just becoming a bottom line cost savings in a park suffering
capacity problems (not to say that Williams had any substantial capacity effect). Just too much empty stuff in USF at the same time that crowds are massive.
Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but who is she?

The only thing I can think of that isn’t connected to Minions is an expanded version of the Mario store we saw at Japan’s Schwabs. But would they really close and modify that building for something that was presumably temporary?

Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but who is she?
New Prez Karen Irwin (succeeded retired Bill Davis). According to insiders she told the staff she hated the Superstar Parade and then shut it down a few weeks after. The Parade was probably a bit outdated, and it's OK to shut it down IF, you replace it with something better. Hopefully these closings aren't to improve the bottom line and will usher in 'new' replacements. USF is overcrowded daily, and to keep reducing capacity is a questionable practice. I'd of thought they'd keep running the parade (as an example) until they had a replacement ready.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion maybe, but this is a positive change. I know there was some cool stuff in there but the merch mainly consisted of junk dug up from random back of house warehouses. Came off like a garage sale, not a high-end retail outlet. You can honor your history and cater to your diehard fans without pawning off theming.

I’ll be interested to see if they invest anything new in the space though.

New Prez Karen Irwin (succeeded retired Bill Davis). According to insiders she told the staff she hated the Superstar Parade and then shut it down a few weeks after. The Parade was probably a bit outdated, and it's OK to shut it down IF, you replace it with something better. Hopefully these closings aren't to improve the bottom line and will usher in 'new' replacements. USF is overcrowded daily, and to keep reducing capacity is a questionable practice. I'd of thought they'd keep running the parade (as an example) until they had a replacement ready.
Hope she hates Supercharged too

Unpopular opinion maybe, but this is a positive change. I know there was some cool stuff in there but the merch mainly consisted of junk dug up from random back of house warehouses. Came off like a garage sale, not a high-end retail outlet. You can honor your history and cater to your diehard fans without pawning off theming.

I’ll be interested to see if they invest anything new in the space though.

Lots of Shrek stuff just straight up skipped this and went to off site places. I hope they have a new concept for this space.

Bummer. I spent more than a few dollars in there over the years.
Loved the store. Interesting as all hell. Memorabilia is always a Film Studio's hidden asset. It fit in well with the supposed theme of USF....and it didn't really occupy a large space,
so it wasn't really stopping anything substantial from happening there. I wonder if they're moving the Amer. Express credit card space there since Donkey relocated.

Lots of Shrek stuff just straight up skipped this and went to off site places. I hope they have a new concept for this space.
May I ask which off site places? I'm sort of desperate to know.

I absolutely loved the prop shop - it was a highlight of any day at the studios. One area where Uni has been absolutely trouncing Disney is in shops like Williams, places with unique merchandise and interesting displays - the prop shop, Legacy store, the Tribute store, etc. Those spaces offer guests something different to do and help with capacity by absorbing bodies, and Disney has largely abandoned them for very generic rooms full of very generic merch. Given that this was a major strength of Universal, closing one of these locations strikes me as an awful omen. Honestly, I liked the silly parade too - it was charming, a lovely backdrop to wandering about the park - so the new park management has me more then a little wary. Its the little things that make a theme park, and its the little things that have let Uni partially surpass Disney.