USF Prop Shop Update Thread | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Prop Shop Update Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Word around town is a mini Epic preview store, but I haven’t heard any evidence of it yet. But if it means seeing new concept art and maybe being able to purchase some early Epic logo merch I’d be all for it.

I feel like it’s too early for that yet, but we’ll see.

Makes sense since they can keep it open year-round while still keeping the seasonal tribute stores.

Definitely way too early for it anyway.

Reactions: Alicia
Holy crap I didn't even know there was a page for the props lmao, I believe a couple of photos from the past of props that used to sit in the prop shop, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post em in here, trying to follow the guidelines if there is any? lol

289369594_5507443992601013_3976744563723856383_n.jpg

The Williams of Hollywood Prop Shop has officially closed at Universal Studios Florida to "make way for a new retail experience"

The Williams of Hollywood Prop Shop has officially closed at Universal Studios Florida to "make way for a new retail experience"

What's the possibility of them keeping the Tribute Theater open, and running a new HHN specific store in this location? Not sure what their available space looks like inside.

Alternatively, maybe they're planning to make this location more of a permanent "Universal Classics" location similar to the current Tribute Theater?

What's the possibility of them keeping the Tribute Theater open, and running a new HHN specific store in this location? Not sure what their available space looks like inside.

Alternatively, maybe they're planning to make this location more of a permanent "Universal Classics" location similar to the current Tribute Theater?

1. This location is too small for a Tribute Store.

2. The Classic Monsters will be represented in the Mummy store when it reopens, and down the road.

Boy am i going to miss this place. Im not going to argue profitability, but I think locations like this help create a unique experience in a theme park. Personally, anytime I walked into Williams it always felt like an “adventure” which IMO is a big part of the theme park experience. I’ve found the retail at universal to feel increasingly recycled and too formulaic.

Thanks to the staff and folks behind the scenes that made this such a cool shop. Heres hoping something replaces it that is a fun unique experience.

Boy am i going to miss this place. Im not going to argue profitability, but I think locations like this help create a unique experience in a theme park. Personally, anytime I walked into Williams it always felt like an “adventure” which IMO is a big part of the theme park experience. I’ve found the retail at universal to feel increasingly recycled and too formulaic.

Thanks to the staff and folks behind the scenes that made this such a cool shop. Heres hoping something replaces it that is a fun unique experience.

I'm slightly (just slightly) concerned that we're starting to see Universal follow the Disney merchandise path that started 10 - 15 years ago: similar merchandise at multiple locations, homogeneous "Parks" bags shared across all resorts, a de-emphasis of attraction-specific items in favor of general "brand" merch.

Universal would still have a way to go to reach Disney in that regard, but I don't want to see the process go much further.

Can anyone confirm if those signs were always up or if they actually put them back like this post suggest?

Speculation:

Perhaps the prop shop could become a temporary Nintendo store, like the “Feature Presentation” store in Hollywood. Could be a great way to build Nintendo hype in Florida and make some early $$$ of the property in Orlando.

Honestly, I’d take it a step further and have Nintendo treats take over Schwabs Pharmacy like in Japan.

It’s probably too early for any of this, but I can’t think of a better use of the prop shop space…This plus the new minions stuff would be a nice little shot in the arm for the whole park.

Reactions: shiekra38