Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, if the Paris section of the land is specifically the 1920s, is there also going to be a time travel element in addition to the Floo Network to get us to the Ministry? Because if the rumored storyline of that ride is accurate, that ride should be taking place in the 1990s.

So, if the Paris section of the land is specifically the 1920s, is there also going to be a time travel element in addition to the Floo Network to get us to the Ministry? Because if the rumored storyline of that ride is accurate, that ride should be taking place in the 1990s.
I'm curious about this as well. The Epic Universe site very specifically calls out both timeframes; they definitely want to reassure everyone that they won't just be focusing on the Fantastic Beast films.

I'm curious about this as well. The Epic Universe site very specifically calls out both timeframes; they definitely want to reassure everyone that they won't just be focusing on the Fantastic Beast films.
It's very odd, because the general Wizarding World aesthetics of the 1990s are "old fashioned fantastical" enough that I don't think there'd be much of a difference between the 1920s and the 1990s, visually.

So there either has to be a specific story reason for the land being in the 1920s... or it's an oversight. I hope it's addressed in-story one way or another.

I believe it's because the rumored Circus Arcanus show is set in that timeframe.
I'm sure it probably is. Could it have been set in the '90s, though, to avoid a bifurcated timeframe for the overall land?

Again, there may well be an explanation that will make it make sense. It's just a curious choice at this point without the complete picture.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It's very odd, because the general Wizarding World aesthetics of the 1990s are "old fashioned fantastical" enough that I don't think there'd be much of a difference between the 1920s and the 1990s, visually.

So there either has to be a specific story reason for the land being in the 1920s... or it's an oversight. I hope it's addressed in-story one way or another.
The time skip does not matter. The land makes more sense with the other French Ministry of Magic with the VR broom ride before it got canned,,

Reactions: Mad Dog
The existing lands already flow through different timelines (granted much shorter years in between).
I'll admit I don't have a great answer to this, but going from 1920s Paris to 1990s London feels a lot incongruous than going from 1990s Isla Nublar to 2010s Isla Nublar. Perhaps it's because these are all pitched as fully immersive lands in a way that Jurassic Island (or whatever) is not, but it does seem silly that we're being transported through both space and time via the Floo network.

I'll get over it, but it's a bit odd.

I mean, yes, technically Hogsmeade is taking place in 1994ish and Diagon is taking place in 1997ish, but that's pretty close to interchangeable.

VelociCoaster was also grafted on/retrofitted into Jurassic Park, so it wasn't an entirely new build where they could have come up with a consistent story and timeline across the land.

Is it a big deal if they don't address it? Not at all. Is it weird? I think yes! Because the storytelling of the land (as we know it at this point) already feels a bit awkward* even before factoring-in the potential for two separate timelines.

*I think the words above the portal should be something like "Welcome to Paris, where you can visit other places!"

I'll admit I don't have a great answer to this, but going from 1920s Paris to 1990s London feels a lot incongruous than going from 1990s Isla Nublar to 2010s Isla Nublar. Perhaps it's because these are all pitched as fully immersive lands in a way that Jurassic Island (or whatever) is not, but it does seem silly that we're being transported through both space and time via the Floo network.

I'll get over it, but it's a bit odd.

We're using the pensieve... duh! :lol:

It's hard to explain since they shifted gears away from strictly Beasts - but from what I understand... despite the description being convoluted... the land is not.

We're using the pensieve... duh! :lol:

It's hard to explain since they shifted gears away from strictly Beasts - but from what I understand... despite the description being convoluted... the land is not.
Yeah, I'm certainly not gonna pass judgment on The Vibe until I get to go myself. I mostly think it's funny how desperately Universal wants us to know we'll get to see the stuff we actually want to see (and I get it!)
This Floo network is a bit different. They use the Prof and BTTF vehicle to transport you from France to the London Ministry. ;) ;)
We're actually using a Floox Capacitor, funny you mention it!

I missed the rumored storyline of the ride. Can I find it somewhere?
Not sure what the procedure is for something like this, but I'll spoiler-text it just to be safe:
The most current rumor I'm aware of is that the ride will be centered around the trial of Dolores Umbridge in the Ministry immediately after DEATHLY HALLOWS.