Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Wreck-it Ralph Ride to replace Stitch's Great Escape?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, if we're talking about "need," what the park most needs is probably that cancelled Main Street Theater with a good show that pulls in thousands of people every hour.

Nothing on that scale is going into the Stitch spot (nor, as I said, is a dark ride).

And also, once TRON opens, MK's two most recent attractions will be coasters.

The park could really use a motion base simulator like Fallon or something. Feels like a big gap in the offerings. But one in each of the theaters with a massive wrap around screen. Boom.

Reactions: Nico
At this point, if they still can't make up their minds about what to do with the space......just bring back Alien Encounter.

Yes, I am fully aware of how it was too scary for the MK, but I'm sure this is something Chapek would probably be interested in being that it would be really cheap to do (At least compared to a big new ride), and it would garner a lot of buzz from Disney fans for bringing back a cult classic for a new generation.

I'm sure this post will age like milk once D23 is announced and it will probably be some lame Wreck It Ralph attraction, but if the infrastructure is already in place and there's really nothing else you can put in here.....maybe you can let DL bring back the People Mover and MK Alien Encounter. I'm no expert on design or cost-analysis, but I would imagine something like this would be way cheaper than trying to convert this into a Wreck It Ralph attraction. Besides, it would definitely sell merch.

Worst-case scenario it would buy Imagineering more time to come up with a better plan for the space. I would love to have a chance to see a new version of AE as I was too young to be able to experience it when I went when it was open.

Last edited:
At this point, if they still can't make up their minds about what to do with the space......just bring back Alien Encounter.

Yes, I am fully aware of how it was too scary for the MK, but I'm sure this is something Chapek would probably be interested in being that it would be really cheap to do (At least compared to a big new ride), and it would garner a lot of buzz from Disney fans for bringing back a cult classic for a new generation.

I'm sure this post will age like milk once D23 is announced and it will probably be some lame Wreck It Ralph attraction, but if the infrastructure is already in place and there's really nothing else you can put in here.....maybe you can let DL bring back the People Mover and MK Alien Encounter. I'm no expert on design or cost-analysis, but I would imagine something like this would be way cheaper than trying to convert this into a Wreck It Ralph attraction. Besides, it would definitely sell merch.

Worst-case scenario it would buy Imagineering more time to come up with a better plan for the space. I would love to have a chance to see a new version of AE as I was too young to be able to experience it when I went when it was open.
The biggest problem is that the building layout is really awkward - basically the only thing you can do with it is two small circular rooms. Taking over one of the merch shops doesn't help in that regard, there's no chance they're touching Cosmic Rays, and the PeopleMover cuts through the second floor. And to top it all off, if they did come up with something great that drew a lot of people, the queue would just back up into the land.

I've pretty much written it off as a space for a good attraction. It either should just be a M&G or something like a mini Innoventions that has a collection of small displays and air conditioning.

I don't see how that would be cheap, they have a lot of things to rebuild or re-film.

I've said it before, they should honestly do what they did at Epcot with Innoventions East, which they turned into the Connections Eatery & Cafe.

So with that in mind, I think they either need to gut literally everything in the buildings that connect which would include Stitch/AE, Auntie Gravity's, and Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. You can't demolish it due to the people mover going through there, but you can reconfigure the layout. Obviously the goal of this would be to build a ride in here.

If that's not possible for much of anything still, then just slightly remodel the space and turn it into a table service restaurant. This would be my least favorite option, but at least it would be utilizing the space.

The size is actually pretty decent, enough for a fantasyland-dark ride or a very, very short omnimover.

I would take this opportunity to redo Cosmic Ray/Shops/Speedway and modernize it to look like the new Space Mountain exit design. I would then take the Tomorrowland terrace and redo that area to add additional fireworks viewing.

Reactions: belloq87

AE was supposed to be based on the Alien franchise, and since they now own the rights of it along with the Fox Entertainment Division, I actually wouldn’t mind if they fill in with that, but it’s very unlikely.

AE was supposed to be based on the Alien franchise, and since they now own the rights of it along with the Fox Entertainment Division, I actually wouldn’t mind if they fill in with that, but it’s very unlikely.

I'd love something like that in Hollywood Studios, where I think they could get away with a darker, scarier show easier than they could in Magic Kingdom (as seen by the response to Alien Encounter back in the day).

I'd love something like that in Hollywood Studios, where I think they could get away with a darker, scarier show easier than they could in Magic Kingdom (as seen by the response to Alien Encounter back in the day).

That could work over there too, since we did had an Alien scene in the Great Movie Ride. If it were to happen, then I guess it could replace where Sounds Dangerous or/and American Idol were at, and they’re small enough to incorporate some claustrophobic aspects of it.

Tbh, i'm shocked they tried an Alien attraction (well a work around Alien attraction without using the Alien IP) to begin with.

I would like to see a more adult Halloween event come to somewhere like DHS during the Halloween season. It's literally a dead park right now. You don't need to directly compete with HHN or HOS, but do something a little more adult and include the Fox horror stuff, both from before they owned it and now even some of the Horror that Fox continues to put out after Disney's ownership.

Just to run through some options:
- Alien
- Predator
- AvP
- The Fly
- The Omen
- Jennifer's Body
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Poltergeist (2015)
- Ready or Not
- Hellraiser (2022)
- Barbarian
- The Night House
- The Empty Man
- No Exit
- Antlers
- Fresh
- American Horror Story
- Scream Queens
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- The Exorcist (TV Series)
- The X-Files
- What We Do In The Shadows
(plus don't they have the rights to three Halloween movies?)

It's a such a waste to have so many horror IPs and not do anything with them in the parks. If you wanna keep them away from HHN, fine. But then do something with them yourself.

EDIT: Wow, I got sidetracked :lol: