Netflix's Resident Evil | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Netflix's Resident Evil

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
I think it looks generic, if this gets over a 6/10 reviews I'd be suprised

I always want these to be good..but animated..live action...doesn't matter doesn't seem as good as the games.

CoryLevy91

Rookie
Mar 6, 2020
It looks... fine? I am an unabashed fan of everything Resident Evil from the games to the Millia Jovovich adaptation series and I even (forced) myself to have some fun with Welcome to Racoon City. This feels like a reboot of the MJ series; taking bits and pieces of the lore and injecting them into a generic, frenzied horror-action set piece extravaganza. It looks like it has the potential to be the best live action adaptation of the game franchise but that's definitely not saying a ton.

I just loathe the fact that no one seems to want to do an atmospheric, foreboding, hellishly frightening version of the original Spencer mansion incident. It can literally write itself.

Paulio

Veteran Member
Apr 28, 2016
Northern California
As a RE fan, I'll pass on this one. I can't even begin to describe how badly this is going to flop. A shiny trailer still doesn't change the fact they've just slapped resident evil's name on some zombie story and totally devoid of the actual RE storylines and plots.

Reactions: Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo

Veteran Member
Feb 22, 2015
LA
Hahaha, what the heck is this?! I legitimately thought it would have been more accurate in its adaptation when I first heard this was happening. Big pass now that the teaser's out.

Reactions: Paulio

Paulio

Veteran Member
Apr 28, 2016
Northern California
Hahaha, what the heck is this?! I legitimately thought it would have been more accurate in its adaptation when I first heard this was happening. Big pass now that the teaser's out.
Any live-action movie based on a RE franchise is always going to be a no-no and the trailers proves what everyone already thinks about them. Would rather stick to Netflix's Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness, which, despite how also bad it is, is at least faithful to the RE franchise.