Six Flags Searching for New CEO | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Searching for New CEO

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Six Flags announced they have begun a search for a new CEO to replace Jim Reid Anderson who is planning to retire in 2020. Much like Bob Iger, Reid Anderson had planned to retire a couple of years ago, then was persuaded to stay on as CEO.

SEC-Show

I wonder if we might see Joel Manby or John Reilly from SeaWorld as possible replacements.

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Interesting turn of events, CEO abruptly replaced:

I was liking some of what I was hearing about the company's new direction (more money for maintenance and upkeep, and more autonomy for the parks individually), and I'm sure this may put some of those plans in flux...

Reactions: Ron101

Ron101

Contributing Member
Apr 9, 2018
California
Interesting turn of events, CEO abruptly replaced:

I was liking some of what I was hearing about the company's new direction (more money for maintenance and upkeep, and more autonomy for the parks individually), and I'm sure this may put some of those plans in flux...
Hope this means more trees, paint, benches, restroom remodels, cleanliness, and SAVING capital for bigger additions to their parks. No more of this adding a spinner flat ride every year, was the worst thing about Jim Ried Anderson.

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Hope this means more trees, paint, benches, restroom remodels, cleanliness, and SAVING capital for bigger additions to their parks. No more of this adding a spinner flat ride every year, was the worst thing about Jim Ried Anderson.
That WAS the plan under the CEO who just got canned. Now, who knows...

There's also some speculation of a sale/merger/acquisition of more parks coming. Rumor is Kennywood may be sold to Six Flags.

Reactions: Ron101

Ron101

Contributing Member
Apr 9, 2018
California
That WAS the plan under the CEO who just got canned. Now, who knows...

There's also some speculation of a sale/merger/acquisition of more parks coming. Rumor is Kennywood may be sold to Six Flags.
Don’t know how I feel about them acquiring more parks when they hardly keep the lower attendance parks interesting by skimping on big additions/renovations for them. Then there’s the whole pricing model for their parks in which they essentially “give away” the parks.
The memberships were a good move, but then you decide to price parks in an area that has a higher cost of living (SFMM), the same price as a park with in an area that’s lower cost. The benefits for the lower tier passes/memberships are TOO generous and the food plans too cheap (impacts operations), something cedar fair restricts to the highest tier pass and charges way more for plans. The lowest tier passes should NOT be including parking AND all six flags parks.
The prices are nice for the guest, definitely, as it’s so cheap, but from a company standpoint, they don’t have the capital they could’ve earned, for park investments. These are just some of the changes I’d make when I become CEO one day:lol:. Hope this ceo can make some good changes.