Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka) - Donkey Kong Expansion Thread

belloq87

Veteran Member
Dec 7, 2009
Universal Exports
I understand this is supposed to be a family coaster, but this sounds pretty underwhelming. It sounds like it would be on Hippogriff level of "thrills".
There are still going to be two -- potentially three -- other coasters of greater intensity among the park lineup (EU) for those requiring greater thrills.

In terms of scale and ambition, this should be on a much higher level than Flight of the Hippogriff.

Last edited:

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
There are still going to be two -- potentially three -- other coasters of greater intensity among the park lineup for those requiring greater thrills.

In terms of scale and ambition, this should be on a much higher level than Flight of the Hippogriff.
(This is the Osaka thread ;) )

Reactions: Alicia

PerceptiveCoot

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2018
(This is the Osaka thread ;) )
I'd say the complaint is just as easily addresed at USJ with The Flying Dinosaur, probably one of the most intense coasters ever designed.
Bunch of caves
Hell yeah I love theme park caves. We have Mummy caves, Gringotts caves, Hagrid's caves, Kong caves, Jurassic caves, Poseidon's caves, Volcano Bay caves...we have all these things.
E823809C-968F-470A-AE44-F73D960BEAE1.png

Last edited:

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
I understand this is supposed to be a family coaster, but this sounds pretty underwhelming. It sounds like it would be on Hippogriff level of "thrills".
Hippogriff, although short, actually pulls some surprising laterals at the end lol

I think the jump sequenced on this will feel like a classic Wild Mouse...but heavily themed and more sophisitcated

It will certainly pull more tricks than Hippo, and should be wildly entertaining