Cedar Point | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After what happened a few years ago, I would imagine they are taking even more precautions. Would you want this ride to break mid flight ?

After what happened a few years ago, I would imagine they are taking even more precautions. Would you want this ride to break mid flight ?
I just don’t understand how this is something they didn't catch during testing (I was pleasantly surprised how early they started testing) or the couple weeks of previews they had. I purposefully waited to book my hotels, etc for my roadtrip until opening day to make sure there were no issues, yet here we are. I understand things like this happen it’s just frustrating how it wasn’t caught earlier, or perhaps ignored until it couldn’t have been anymore.

I just don’t understand how this is something they didn't catch during testing (I was pleasantly surprised how early they started testing) or the couple weeks of previews they had. I purposefully waited to book my hotels, etc for my roadtrip until opening day to make sure there were no issues, yet here we are. I understand things like this happen it’s just frustrating how it wasn’t caught earlier, or perhaps ignored until it couldn’t have been anymore.

I hear you. If I had booked travel / rooms I’d be upset too

Depends on what it is. If its some part that broke, it could have just not broke during testing.

Depends on what it is. If its some part that broke, it could have just not broke during testing.

Yeah, it could very well be something that took a little bit of time/use to wear down to the point of concern. Whatever it is, the general rumor (and I can't stress it enough, RUMOR.) seems to be focused on an issue with the trains.

The only thing I do know is there were reports of a lot of rollbacks when the trains were trying to clear the hill, and that the cushions for the wheel bogeys are pretty small compared to the heavy-duty fat ones that the Intamin trains had.

Either way, it's a big wait and see on whenever the coaster will get back up and running, and when it does, if there's any visible differences to the trains, as that'll probably give the best insight on what the issue was.

Yeah, it could very well be something that took a little bit of time/use to wear down to the point of concern. Whatever it is, the general rumor (and I can't stress it enough, RUMOR.) seems to be focused on an issue with the trains.

The only thing I do know is there were reports of a lot of rollbacks when the trains were trying to clear the hill, and that the cushions for the wheel bogeys are pretty small compared to the heavy-duty fat ones that the Intamin trains had.

Either way, it's a big wait and see on whenever the coaster will get back up and running, and when it does, if there's any visible differences to the trains, as that'll probably give the best insight on what the issue was.
I'm way out of the loop, but the day it was having a bunch of rollbacks was a really windy day that it would have been closed on in the past.

Of course it hasn't opened since, so it's hard to say if it was just wind, or that's when they discovered the problem.