D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the D23 Expo is fast approaching 8/9-8/11 and with rumors spreading quite wildly and DLF being approved, what do you guys think will be announced at the event for the parks?

Gonna combine gaming into this due to the day, but gut tell me this:

Gaming:
- Kingdom Hearts IV releases in 2025, D23 Trailer shows off Endor + Pandora
- KH Adaptation now officially in development, could be announced at the film panel (there seems to be too many things lining into place)
- Gameplay sequence of Indiana Jones & The Great Circle
- New trailer for 1943: The Rise of Hydra
- Fortnite x Disney releases in Early 2025

Theme Parks (DLR)
- Avengers E-Ticket is reannounced, it is a "Thanos" story without the Multiverse element. 2027 Window
- Autopia Refresh given details, 2025 for the 70th Anniversary
- Blue Sky for Disneyland Forward & Avatar
- ESPN Zone Replacement at DTD

Theme Parks (WDW)
- Tropical Americas detailed, 2026 for Phase 1 (Indiana Jones) and 2027 for Phase 2 (Encanto)
- Beyond Big Thunder given a more "Defined" Blue Sky--Moana, Coco, and Villains are specifically mentioned
- The ESPN Experience Replacement at Disney Springs

WorldWide:
- Avengers E-Ticket is reannounced, it is a "Thanos" story without the Multiverse element. 2027 Window (HKDL)
- Blue Sky for Disney Studios Paris with The Lion King

I think Lion King at Paris is likely - they HAVE to start construction on another land soon or it won't be open this decade.

Maybe Spider-man coaster for Shanghi confirmation?

Outside of that I NEED DLR Avatar details!

I think Lion King at Paris is likely - they HAVE to start construction on another land soon or it won't be open this decade.

Maybe Spider-man coaster for Shanghi confirmation?

Outside of that I NEED DLR Avatar details!
I some a post on Twitter/X that claimed apparently Lion King for WDSP is slated for 2028 and Avatar will be for 2030.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I some a post on Twitter/X that claimed apparently Lion King for WDSP is slated for 2028 and Avatar will be for 2030.
Yeah I saw that, but think it was just speculation. I really can't see them both opening within 2 years of each other - would LOVE to be proved wrong!

I suspect there is truth in Lion King coming to Animal Kingdom at some point too.

Yeah I saw that, but think it was just speculation. I really can't see them both opening within 2 years of each other - would LOVE to be proved wrong!

I suspect there is truth in Lion King coming to Animal Kingdom at some point too.
Disney loves to build at least two clones of lands whenever they can to maximize the return on the R&D costs so that would track. Also LK would be a perfect fit for AK.

But I do think there is is slightly more truth to Avatar being slated for 2030 at WDSP. 2030 is also when I see it coming online at DCA if they put it in the Simba lot.