DisneyForward Expansion Project | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

DisneyForward Expansion Project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Zero has one thing to say to Disney in a very aggressive tone... in 30 days...
holes GIF

Zero has one thing to say to Disney in a very aggressive tone... in 30 days...
holes GIF
While it would be great if they hit the ground running in June, it is also sadly possible they wait to start any construction until Disney's new fiscal year, which is in October.

On a side note, regardless of when they break ground, the infrastructure changes needed for us to get things like a Hollywoodland replacement and Avatar will take quite a bit of time. I wonder if in the intern perhaps Disney will break ground on the Avengers E ticket so they will have at least something to tide park goers over until the really big ticket items through DL Forward can bear fruit.

Reactions: Nico
I hope Disney starts ASAP

We have nothing after splash so please start and please be something in DCA. I love both parks but DCA needs more, Disneyland is perfect besides TL and even then people still go there...so whatever it can stay for now

Echoing Brian post...I do hope this lights a fire under USH butt. More events and hopefully an attraction every year

I hope Disney starts ASAP

We have nothing after splash so please start and please be something in DCA. I love both parks but DCA needs more, Disneyland is perfect besides TL and even then people still go there...so whatever it can stay for now

Echoing Brian post...I do hope this lights a fire under USH butt. More events and hopefully an attraction every year
With Hollywoodland rumored to be replaced which is made possible by moving the transportation hub and monorail beam and Avatar, it seems the rumor mill is pointing to DCA getting the first round of the DL Forward investment. As it should considering all the stuff DL proper has gotten in recent years.

It does appear that Disney is ready to go October 1st by working on some of the infrastructure for the Eastern gateway (and MK's water management stuff), but how long will Disney take?

I'm optimistic that Disney has turned the corner when it comes to them wanting to expand park capacity... but still interested to see if Disney believes they need it quick or if they can take their time with these efforts. 2028 for the LA Olympics sounds like a reasonable goal to me?

The Pixar garage took ~2 years to build, (and accompanying bridge) so wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest a similar timeline, possibly an extra year

With Hollywoodland rumored to be replaced which is made possible by moving the transportation hub and monorail beam and Avatar, it seems the rumor mill is pointing to DCA getting the first round of the DL Forward investment. As it should considering all the stuff DL proper has gotten in recent years.
I hope and with more land now behind Pixar Peir...I hope in some way Monsters Inc stays around...it is always busy...whether you like Monsters Inc at DCA it has people who seem to love it..so would not mind it coming back on the side of the pier and maybe they can update it with flashlights like over in Tokyo

But I hope the rumors are true about Hollywood....though makes me wonder where do they host events then?

I'm one of those who would HATE to lose Monsters Inc.. It seriously seems to have only gotten more popular over the years. It used to be a sure 5-10 minute wait ride but not anymore.

That’s all thanks to Lightning Lane. The line for that has gotten MUCH longer than it should be.
Fresh baked pointed out but it didn't affect Mermaid.

Yes yes they are different systems but Monsters Inc is for sure popular and think if they reused it on Pixar Peir most people would see it as a win since we dont have more then a handful of dark rides at DCA

Fresh baked pointed out but it didn't affect Mermaid.

Yes yes they are different systems but Monsters Inc is for sure popular and think if they reused it on Pixar Peir most people would see it as a win since we dont have more then a handful of dark rides at DCA
Well if that's the case, it might be good to turn that area into Monstropolis and make that door coaster.

I want an UP attraction. Still think it's one of the best Pixar movies and has perfect story for an attraction.

Not sure they would create a new Monsters Inc attraction elsewhere, wouldn't it be more likely they choose another u represented Pixar movie?

I want an UP attraction. Still think it's one of the best Pixar movies and has perfect story for an attraction.

Not sure they would create a new Monsters Inc attraction elsewhere, wouldn't it be more likely they choose another u represented Pixar movie?
We are talking about if Hollywood land is destroyed for a new land...so their would no longer be a ride for Monster Inc

But yes for Up, its fits well for DCA and if they can do an updated Peter Pan style dark ride with more capacity I think it would be a hit

Reactions: saint.piss
We are talking about if Hollywood land is destroyed for a new land...so their would no longer be a ride for Monster Inc

But yes for Up, its fits well for DCA and if they can do an updated Peter Pan style dark ride with more capacity I think it would be a hit
Sorry I thought you were all talking about creating a new Monsters Inc ride in Pixar pier after the current MI ride gets demolished for (fingers crossed) Avatar?

Up ride story: Carl has opened a balloon sales store on the Pixar Pier and ushers guests inside for a special demonstration. We board Carl's balloon crafts (I always envisioned a larger Peter Pan boat too) and fly over the pier and into an adventure.

Reactions: Jamesh22