DisneyForward Expansion Project | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

DisneyForward Expansion Project

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess I’m in the minority, but I really don’t want Frozen land. Sure it oooks good, but I don’t want precious space blown in a mediocre boat ride and a short roller skater.
If Disney is dead set on bringing over Frozen to DLR, a better option would be to include it in some sort of Fantasy Springs like area.

My fingers are crossed DLR somehow gets that rumored Villains area MK is getting.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I guess I’m in the minority, but I really don’t want Frozen land. Sure it oooks good, but I don’t want precious space blown in a mediocre boat ride and a short roller skater.
I'm okay with getting Frozen as long DL gets the Fantasy Springs version (that one is confirmed to be it's own ride and not a clone of the one at Epcot/HKDL) and not what we already have in Epcot

The land looks great....I agree the ride is fine

Its more insane people want it when its now at 4 other parks....like at that point. I rather something else. Even if its just a Frozen 2 ride, just something thats not the boat ride at 4 other parks.

I'm actually quite shocked there is no Frozen ride or land at DLR already. That's among the most popular IP in Disney's portfolio. If Frozen does come to Disneyland forward, it will almost assuredly open after Frozen 3 is released, so I'm hoping we receive a new attraction based on the events of that film. FWIW, from the videos I've seen of the HKDL land, I love the atmosphere, shows, and food, and would be totally fine cloning them, but find the rides lacking

I'm actually quite shocked there is no Frozen ride or land at DLR already. That's among the most popular IP in Disney's portfolio. If Frozen does come to Disneyland forward, it will almost assuredly open after Frozen 3 is released, so I'm hoping we receive a new attraction based on the events of that film. FWIW, from the videos I've seen of the HKDL land, I love the atmosphere, shows, and food, and would be totally fine cloning them, but find the rides lacking
That would be great too

As long as its not the first movie then go for it

Also yeah, no idea why it took Disney.....12 years to put Frozen lands everywhere but thats moderns Disney....still not having a Mando ride, attraction or at least REAL version of Star Tours or smugglers Runs to me is insane...its like you have lightening in a bottle use it.

Probably would have happened if they didn't move Star Wars from Tomorrowland to it's own area. The pre Galaxy's Edge rumors all pointed to a replacement of Toontown for Arendelle that never happened.

• Wow
Reactions: saint.piss
2014-16 Frozen basically took over Hollywoodland in DCA. Frozen singalong replaced Muppetvision, Olaf's Snow Fest moved into the vacant Stage 17, Freeze the Night dance party replaced Mad T Party, Anna and Elsa meet replaced Ursula's grotto in the Animation building, and eventually the Frozen stage show replaced Aladdin in the Hyperion. But those all eventually closed except Anna and Elsa, and the Avengers moved in by summer 2017.

Disney had 3 major franchises in the 2010’s: Star Wars, the MCU, and Frozen. Multiple MCU films had proven box office gold already, and Frozen was a cultural phenomenon. Yet, Disney chose to first build a land based on Star Wars films that hadn't been released yet.

I'm gonna assume that Disney learned their lesson, and Disneyland forward will feature already proven films

I too don't know why Disney doesn't have a Frozen attraction in California, let alone Bluey.
I imagine they do not own the theme park rights to Bluey is my guess. Why they haven't tried is beyond me, it is amazingly popular and ranks #15 on imdb for ALL TV Shows, not just animated/kid stuff. Pretty impressive when kids are not the ones voting.

No joke, my family is seriously considering an Australia trip specifically because of the Bluey series and some of the Bluey offerings they are going to be building in Australia. If they built anything Bluey in Orlando, we would buy AP passes and if on the CA side we would plan a trip (which we are already looking to do at some point). The fandom for Bluey is absolutely insane and the merchandise FLIES off the shelf. If my daughter sees something I have to go back to that store pretty quickly to get it for Christmas or birthday or it will be gone.

Disney does not own the Bluey IP, only the distribution rights to the show in America.
Disney built attractions/lands for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Muppets, and Avatar before they owned them. They also had an attraction that had a full Alien and Indy scene (again before Disney owned them) along with many third party IPs.

Partnerships in theme parks happen and Disney should be highly incentives to at least nail down the rights before Universal grabs them.

Disney built attractions/lands for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Muppets, and Avatar before they owned them. They also had an attraction that had a full Alien and Indy scene (again before Disney owned them) along with many third party IPs.

Partnerships in theme parks happen and Disney should be highly incentives to at least nail down the rights before Universal grabs them.

One can also point at an IP like the Simpsons being built at Universal even though it's Fox, either way it's another example of various theme park partnerships happening even if the park itself doesn't own the property.

And yeah, if I were Disney I'd be doing what I can to see about getting the rights for Bluey. It's an immensely popular show for very good reasons, it's big with merch and it has probably one of the broadest appeals for both kids and adults that I've seen from a preschool show.

One can also point at an IP like the Simpsons being built at Universal even though it's Fox, either way it's another example of various theme park partnerships happening even if the park itself doesn't own the property.

And yeah, if I were Disney I'd be doing what I can to see about getting the rights for Bluey. It's an immensely popular show for very good reasons, it's big with merch and it has probably one of the broadest appeals for both kids and adults that I've seen from a preschool show.
Universal does it a ton to the point where Wall Street types wrote articles on if Universal (the studio) is in trouble because the theme parks seem to think they don't have enough big IPs to put in the parks. Universal has always been known to collaborate more, mostly because, up until Comcast came along, they didn't have much of a choice. But partnering has also proven to be a solid strategy not only in the theme park business, but building relationships that extend to other parts of the company (see: SNW rights -> The Super Mario Movie).

Think about the third party IPs Universal has today just at UOR: Potter - Hogsmeade, Diagon, Potter's London, Popeye, & Scooby-Doo (WB), Simpsons & Marvel (Disney), Spongebob, & MIB (Paramount), Transformers (Paramount/Mattel), Dr. Seuss (Sr. Seuss Enterprises), and Hello Kitty (Sanrio).

Historically: Jimmy Neutron, Ghostbusters (Paramount), Dudley Do-Right & Shrek (prior to buying Dreamworks), T2 (Disney), Curious George (Margaret & H.A. Rey estate?), Barney & Friends (Mattel), Nickeloden Studios (Viacom), The Art of Alfred Hitchcock (Based on Alfred Hitchcock's work - The Birds being the only Universal film),

Future: Potter - Ministry of Magic (WB), Mario, Donkey Kong & Zelda (Nintendo of America - Zelda not wholly owned).

Bluey would be the perfect IP for Universal because it wouldn't be considered toddler as it has a wide age range it appeals to but could also appeal to those younger ones in families with older and younger kids. But I would have to think Disney would do it first as I could see if Universal did approach them they would go asking Disney first if they want them for more money.

View attachment 21589

Big thing: Toy Story Lot has now been marked as potential land that can be used for theme park space..
Me and tons of other theme park fans have been pining for Disney to turn the Toy Story lot into a third gate. Disney would be foolish to just use the TS lot just for a Disney Springs like shopping district.

The TS lot is about 73 acres based on your post above, which is about on par with a DCA size wise. However, when you factor in space needed for backstage and other infrastructure, you are probably looking at a half day park at best, or at least that is the opinion of posters over on WDWMagic.

Last edited:
wellwe'rewaiting.gif

So-far we are in public speakers and past 54 people out of 98 speakers tonight.

We in for a long one.

Me and tons of other theme park fans have been pining for Disney to turn the Toy Story lot into a third gate. Disney would be foolish to just use the TS lot just for a Disney Springs like shopping district.

The TS lot is about 68-70 acres which is about on par with a DCA size wise. However, when you factor in space needed for backstage and other infrastructure, you are probably looking at a half day park at best, or at least that is the opinion of posters over on WDWMagic.
About 73 acres to be precise; and that is more than enough space for a Universal Studios Singapore type park.

USS is about nearly 50 acres; even with counting the SNW Expansion and Backstage areas. That gives them more than enough space for something that'd include a new park, plus entertainment and shopping (alongside even a resort if they got creative).