Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know its not uncommon for concept art to get recycled but idk. How much can you explain of the model?
Pride Rock is the "weenie" of the land and the flume interacts with it... not some random mountain that looks eerily similar to the old AK concept art for Moana. Also, lol there's way too many buildings in this concept art than the model.

Plus it would be stupid to do a log flume ride at WDSP considering the cold winter weather in France. Any water ride in a hypothetical LK land would have to be indoors.

I'm confused how a random individual can just "leak" "confidential" concept art, but uh, sure, I guess.

I'd welcome an Encanto ride as long as it isn't "we have to get ready for the party" bore (uh oh). I hope they don't just retheme Dinosaur to Indiana Jones (uh oh). I hope there's at least some animals in this new area of Animal Kingdom (uh oh).

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I'm confused how a random individual can just "leak" "confidential" concept art, but uh, sure, I guess.

I'd welcome an Encanto ride as long as it isn't "we have to get ready for the party" bore (uh oh). I hope they don't just retheme Dinosaur to Indiana Jones (uh oh). I hope there's at least some animals in this new area of Animal Kingdom (uh oh).
People get on Universal's case for overusing the "Guided Tour, but things have gone WrOnG!!:scream::scream::scream:" plot in all of their attractions, but at least that overused plot concept supports tension, stakes, and a more engaging motion profile. I vastly prefer that to the "We're gonna go hang out with Elsa!! Follow me!!" plot concept that seems to have taken over WDI recently.

It is which is why I’m hoping it’s nonsense and the carousel is still slated to be Coco.
FWIW Coco was the latest rumor I heard for the carousel. I think if the Coco theme was no longer on we would have heard it in the rumor mill already. Coco is also slated for BBTM as well keeping with the Disney practice of having the same IP in two different parks.

Would be cool to see a Carousel in Discovery Island with a similar design to the Tree of Life. The park is in desperate need of capacity.

Also, very disappointed in the drop of quality at F&B locations throughout WDW, mainly DAK.
  • Satu'li Canteen - grilled beef is still good, but the cut earlier this year is painful, big drop in quality
  • Flame Tree BBQ - the mac & cheese bowl no longer has onion rings and is more bland... decent, but not as good as before

Reactions: GA-MBIT
A generic "Disney animated animal characters" carousel would be absolutely nonsensical in a Tropical Americas land.
I posted this on another forum but I'm pretty sure this idea is meant to be "unlicensed" Disney characters within whichever fictional country Tropical Americas is supposed to be. Similar to this in Africa

1717506472511.png

I think this is the idea

1717506585573.png
1717506649324.png