Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if it lies more to capacity reasons alongside the studio level. DKC as it was in the location it was meant to be: could of been a waste of an expansion with something that would not help alleviate capacity for the park (and that it took away space for the studio on something that didn't meet expectations).

You’ve basically nailed the reasoning I’ve heard for it. USH has priorities and the capacity this land provided isn’t necessarily what’s needed for now.

That being said, of course, this is just the rumor being passed along to me. I actually hope I’m wrong on this, as I think the expansion looks very cool, but my hopes for it have diminished significantly.

I wonder if it lies more to capacity reasons alongside the studio level. DKC as it was in the location it was meant to be: could of been a waste of an expansion with something that would not help alleviate capacity for the park (and that it took away space for the studio on something that didn't meet expectations).
Maybe but that would mean they regret SNW, as well? since it didn't add capacity?

You’ve basically nailed the reasoning I’ve heard for it. USH has priorities and the capacity this land provided isn’t necessarily what’s needed for now.

That being said, of course, this is just the rumor being passed along to me. I actually hope I’m wrong on this, as I think the expansion looks very cool, but my hopes for it have diminished significantly.

I think if they were looking down the barrel: when Nintendo gets an expansion (and I don't think it's an if, considering IOA is seemingly fast-tracking Zelda), capacity will be the forefront that defines what Hollywood gets.

Maybe but that would mean they regret SNW, as well? since it didn't add capacity?

Regret is the wrong word I would use. But they handicapped themselves with the removal of the shows, and that the Lower Lot is heavily congested right now (and that the only way it's going to be fixed, is to expand the footprint).

I mentioned this on Twitter, and I don't care if it gets me cancelled. Close down Mummy at the end of the year, demolish it, and make an open air plaza that has space for a live show. The park desperately needs to fix the Lower Lot midway, as it cannot sustain the crowd volume like it does now and during HHN.

I know this may sound surprising, but other production companies film on the lot :eek: like alot of TV shows and they pay Universal alot of money to film there :eek: so yes, they do need these studios :eek: it is a balancing act as both divisions want to make money
monkey-puppet-turn-head-pretends-to-be-shocked-6752sn02dsforixg.gif

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I mentioned this on Twitter, and I don't care if it gets me cancelled. Close down Mummy at the end of the year, demolish it, and make an open air plaza that has space for a live show. The park desperately needs to fix the Lower Lot midway, as it cannot sustain the crowd volume like it does now and during HHN.
I get the idea here, but sacrificing attractions just for the sake of space feels like an overcorrection, even if the space is needed. I think it'd be a bad idea to knock down The Mummy unless it's certain that DK is coming. Yes it'll help with space down there, but having one less ride hurts in a lot of other areas -- this park needs more attractions, not less.

Also, it's been officially established that The Mummy will never die. It is canon. You cannot kill The Mummy. Imhotep lives.

I think if they were looking down the barrel: when Nintendo gets an expansion (and I don't think it's an if, considering IOA is seemingly fast-tracking Zelda), capacity will be the forefront that defines what Hollywood gets.

Regret is the wrong word I would use. But they handicapped themselves with the removal of the shows, and that the Lower Lot is heavily congested right now (and that the only way it's going to be fixed, is to expand the footprint).

I guess its not ideal but why not make the main plaza into an area for shows all day and then use the backstage area's where mazes go for Grinchmas?

Also I hope Universal hires people that push for making lands but changing them. DK land to me could still work and add capacity, DK coaster and then use the other space for a Yoshi type ride thats a people eater. Feels like that should basically solve the issue. Also isn't DK twice as big a land meaning it can hold around 6 thousand people, which to me sounds like a pretty big boost to how many guests you can have in your park. This isn't even getting into Disneyland is also not allowing the parks to be fully full with guests as well because its rumored to be cheaper to just let in a few thousand less guests a day and not have to staff up, you'd assume Universal might not be full everyday but making more money then ever because of merch and drinks flying off the selves.

But to me the situation is weird, I know the shows had lots of people in them but also if you look at the Universal app/go to the parks they could let more people in now if needed. I just went Sunday and SNW takes away all crowds from the other areas until almost noon. So I'd want to hear from an insider why its such an issue when parts of the park feels like a ghost town on sold out days.

Maybe Zelda could be in the running for USH? What other Nintendo IP could they choose from besides DK (which could very well be dead) and Zelda for the expansion to USH's SNW? And would this still go where DK was originally supposed to go?

Maybe Zelda could be in the running for USH? What other Nintendo IP could they choose from besides DK (which could very well be dead) and Zelda for the expansion to USH's SNW? And would this still go where DK was originally supposed to go?
Pokemon or Zelda

Unless......we are just getting a Luigi Mansion ride and more Mario World.

Pokemon or Zelda

Unless......we are just getting a Luigi Mansion ride and more Mario World.
A Luigi's mansion trackless ride would be dope. I also read over on the Lost Continent thread where a post the said @Legacy say on Discord that Pokemon is being planned for the Simpsons Ride replacement at USF. Maybe Pokemon will also be the Simpsons replacement at USH as well. Food for though.

A Luigi's mansion trackless ride would be dope. I also read over on the Lost Continent thread where a post the said @Legacy say on Discord that Pokemon is being planned for the Simpsons Ride replacement at USF. Maybe Pokemon will also be the Simpsons replacement at USH as well. Food for though.
Could be the issue with trapping Pokemon there is its small.

People have pointed out Transformers could be Pokemon and if you get out the Soundstage behind it you have a good little land there. but time will tell.

I said this months ago but I think the SNW reception and the Mario Movie will shift plans around, I think USH will have to really decide where they want this park to be going in the next ten years. You make it into compete against Disneyland or just a small park at a studio.

Lol believe me USH does not need Nintendo to compete
Please name the attractions you think can go up against Disney?

Did you see the Mario Movie numbers? Have you seen merch that sells out daily in SNW?

It's why people are going/talking about the park now. Are you saying that if USH profits jump up and so does attendance this year that it wasn't because of Nintendo?

• Angry
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513

Did you see the Mario Movie numbers? Have you seen merch that sells out daily in SNW?

It's why people are going/talking about the park now. Are you saying that if USH profits jump up and so does attendance this year that it wasn't because of Nintendo?
Oh my god. They already have Harry Potter and Minions. Yes, Nintendo will cause attendance to go up, because that's how expansion works.

Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey, Jurassic World The Ride, Hollywood Drift (which is going to be a massive draw), and the Studio Tour define USH extremely well even without Mario Kart.

Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey, Jurassic World The Ride, Hollywood Drift (which is going to be a massive draw), and the Studio Tour define USH extremely well even without Mario Kart.
They are great rides but doesn’t mean they draw on guests the same

FF is huge but we all know the ride won’t be bigger than MK. If it is I’ll apologize but I doubt it will get this many people in the park and have as long of lines.

If people on here think think a new minions ride will draw on as many people then Nintendo rides the cool

But at least here I’ve yet to see the proof. Potter came in boosted attendance but also they lowered APs again because the hype was lower than excepted. While now APs got a price increase and won’t affect anything if anything it signals how popular APs sales are that they can just increase them and it changes nothing

FF is huge but we all know the ride won’t be bigger than MK. If it is I’ll apologize but I doubt it will get this many people in the park and have as long of lines.
furious 7 made more money in its opening weekend eight years ago than the mario movie y'all keep saying is making more money than god. I might not get it, but people love family.

It is not “just Nintendo” that will help to compete against other parks. It will be the collection of all the rides and attractions Universal offers. Mario is just one piece, Potter is another, Dreamworks is another, Minions is a big one, etc…

You sound like a man child. Stop it.

They are great rides but doesn’t mean they draw on guests the same

If people on here think think a new minions ride will draw on as many people then Nintendo rides the cool

But at least here I’ve yet to see the proof. Potter came in boosted attendance but also they lowered APs again because the hype was lower than excepted. While now APs got a price increase and won’t affect anything if anything it signals how popular APs sales are that they can just increase them and it changes nothing
This is all completely speculative but you're acting like it's gospel. We all know you like Nintendo.

USH fandom -- in and of itself -- is enough to ensure that interest in new additions will be high regardless of IP. Obviously IP matters a huge deal, there's no question about that, but any new attraction that comes to the park is going to draw significant interest, especially if it's unique to the park.

If and when Universal Hollywood builds an honest-to-God roller coaster, the wait times will be on par with Mario Kart regardless of the IP, because the thirst/excitement for it is very high.

If you guys think that you can make a new minions land and it will draw in the same amount of people as more Nintendo then cool

I can't argue with that. I just argue what I can with the data in front of me, USH has had more sold out dates this year then I can remember since Potter opened. Merch sells out, like the store at the end of the ride looks completely different from even two months ago because it sells out merch so much. The new movie just did amazing and broke records.

So if you guys want to continue to pretend like its just another IP cool, but I have numbers to back up why I want them more in the parks. Along with things people on here don't think about like them selling out on morning passes which I just don't think you can do with every IP

My real question is this if not DK and not another Nintendo IP? What realistic land do you see being build and getting more people into the park and spending money?