Grand Theft Auto 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Grand Theft Auto 5

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From IGN

A casting list that's being linked to Take Two suggests that GTA V could be set in Los Angeles, or Los Santos as it's known within Rockstar's fictional universe.

Internet sleuth Superannuation has once again been doing the digging, unearthing a full and detailed casting list for a project known as Rush. It's not uncommon for games to carry codenames that bear little relation to their final titles – GTA IV was at one point in production simply known as Frozen.

The casting list details characters that would fit within Rockstar's heavily satirical worldview, with 'weed evangelists', 'neurotic soccer moms' and 'Armenian car dealers' all in the post on The Agency.

Rumours that GTA V would be set in Hollywood first started circulating last year, and Rush's cast of stoners and Californian divorcees would appear to back up that claim.

After seeing what they did with Liberty City in GTA IV, I'm perfectly fine with a modern touch to the San Andreas area. Even a new Vice City would be great.

I'd like to see a Grand Theft Auto that takes place outside of the states.

Agreed a GTA with settings in other countries would be a great move for the franchise. Tokyo, London, Paris, Mexico City, Rio De Janeiro, Bogota Columbia or better yet Amsterdam.

I'd like to see a Grand Theft Auto that takes place outside of the states.

I believe there was once a rumor of a GTA game based in 1970's London where you play as Kent Paul. He was the british guy from Vice City and San Andreas. That would have been pretty cool.

kentpaul.jpg

From IGN:

Rockstar Games has just officially announced Grand Theft Auto 5 on its official website.

There are absolutely no details yet - just a date for the first trailer, which is coming next Wednesday, the 2nd of November.

We will have much more on this announcement - including that trailer - in the very near future. Stay tuned!

Now, let's all start speculating on the design of the V in this logo. Looks like green to us...

Last edited:
Boston maybe? I mean with organized crime and Irish immigrants... :shrug: