Halloween 2020 Merchandise | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween 2020 Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yesterday to put up the Fright Nights 1991 shirt alongside the socks, poster, and shot glass but not the pin set, so they'll probably stock up soon and add more to the site hopefully later on when they get the tribute store a little more up and running.

Last edited:
I wonder what's gonna happen to the house lineup shirts. There's no way that Universal doesn't have hundreds of those already printed up and stocked. Hoping that, miracle of miracles, they manage to keep the same lineup for next year. But, if that's not the case and certain IPs are dropped, could they legally be able to sell them at discount or would they have to go into a big bonfire?

I wonder what's gonna happen to the house lineup shirts. There's no way that Universal doesn't have hundreds of those already printed up and stocked. Hoping that, miracle of miracles, they manage to keep the same lineup for next year. But, if that's not the case and certain IPs are dropped, could they legally be able to sell them at discount or would they have to go into a big bonfire?
A few thoughts:
1. They have sold shirts that are missing things/have an extra thing that wasn't a part of the event
2. Sell them in one of their garage sales
3. Discard them and it becomes a rare collectable for us haha

I don't know if they would keep them in storage or if that's a thing

I don’t think they can legally sell them since the IPs weren’t announced (and Netflix seemingly wanting nothing to do with the event this year).
Is it really that costly for them to eat the cost of the shirts? I'm genuinely asking as I have no insight into how much was pre-printed

Is it really that costly for them to eat the cost of the shirts? I'm genuinely asking as I have no insight into how much was pre-printed
I mean, they buy in bulk so they probably have a lot, but this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme. They'll probably get donated.

Reactions: Legacy
I mean, they buy in bulk so they probably have a lot, but this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme. They'll probably get donated.
They’ll end up on the same clothing rack as the 49ers 2020 Super Bowl champs shirts.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick
They’ll end up on the same clothing rack as the 49ers 2020 Super Bowl champs shirts.
Along with movie posters of The New Mutants with it's original April 13, 2018 date on it and an Avatar 2 poster with it's original 2014 release date. Rare finds!

I would like one donated to me...I had to deal with HHN fans on Twitter for months
For the unaware, shirts like the ones for the teams that lose Super Bowls and such are usually donated to charities in places like Africa, where people just need clothing. I'd imagine something like this would be done with any IP specific clothing.

Does anyone know why they chose the years 1991, 1992, 1999 and 2000 for retro merchandise?
I would love to get HHN XIX merchandise but I don't know if they will sell more retro merchandise or just from those four years, any thoughts?

Fixed it for ya! Technically, the first "icon" they had was The Cryptkeeper.
Nope. Even officially within Universal, Jack was their first icon. Cryptkeeper was a “mascot” more than anything.

Difference between mascot and icon is predominantly use with the media and within canon. Icons have a story and can give interviews. Mascots don’t. Cryptkeeper is more akin to Eyegore or Nightmare than Jack.

1991 - First Year
1992 - First time Halloween Horror Nights was used
1999 - First 3D Maze (No Idea)
2000 - First Icon (Jack)
Thanks for answering. The year that I do not see much sense is 1999, the other three are relevant.
Do you think they will release retro merchandise from other years?

Since the "30 Years/30 Fears" pin that was paired with the typo "Fright Nights" pin is being sold separately, I wonder if this means the corrected pin will be sold individually (if it comes back at all). I'm guessing the split is because they could repackage and sell the ones that were made for the scrapped typo bundles.

Since the "30 Years/30 Fears" pin that was paired with the typo "Fright Nights" pin is being sold separately, I wonder if this means the corrected pin will be sold individually (if it comes back at all). I'm guessing the split is because they could repackage and sell the ones that were made for the scrapped typo bundles.
The "30 Years/30 Fears" pin is gone now, so I'm guessing they just wanted to sell the ones that had been paired with the 1990 misprint, and will have the bundle when the new ones come in (or will cut their losses and not bother remaking it)

Status
Not open for further replies.