Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post my spec list:

- 10 Houses = , WW, Parisian, Curious George 1/2, Mummy, Soundstage 29, Metro 1/2/3.
- Terror Tram returns for another year, as would Jabba.
- Wizarding World Harry Potter is open, with SNW possibly open as-well ((at the cost of Flight of The Hippogriff)) [The latter of this is written assuming the area is open by the time]
- Safe Bet IP: Universal Monsters, Chucky, Fear Street, and Stranger Things \
- Small Risk IP: Last Night in Soho, Scream (Exclusive), and Mike Flannigan (either Midnight Mass or Bly Manor) [Exclusive if Squid Game is obtained]
- Risk IP: Squid Game [If Squid Game is lost, then a semi repeat of Creepshow with new scenes from Season 2 and 3]
- No Beetlejuice
- 2 Original Concepts (3 technically speaking on Monsters)

I'll argue in the case of Squid Game, that Purge doesn't deserve to be at HHN. But it's been present for multiple years. I'd love to be proven wrong on that front but that's my line of thought on Squid Game.
Is Beetlejuice just completely off limits now due to the merch problem?

Last edited:
Reactions: HydraGen2299
Also, are they going to attempt to do Beetlejuice again after that whole merchandise agreement fiasco that happened months ago? Or is that opportunity gone forever?

While never say never, considering the BJ situation ended with the IP-Holder getting royally irked/Breach of Contract...this is as close to "Never" as it can be. The only way I can see it happening at this point is Uni giving a metric ton of kiss-up money, which makes it pretty unfeasible to obtain for just one property.

*Same thing applies for Halloween 3.

I don’t know exactly what happened with Halloween 3 but judging by things murdy says on Twitter it sounds like there’s a lot of red tape involved. Says he “can’t talk about it” or that it’s “a good story for another time”

I forgot about Fear Street. That's literally 3 mazes right there if Netflix ever decides to do their own Haunt or a good compilation maze for HHN. They're going all in on the Army of the Dead stuff for Snyder (NO idea why though) as promotion for it has been heavy with events (there's a VR experience at the mall near me that always seems empty), so Army of the Dead is another "big" Netflix property. If Hulu can do their own Haunt, I'd expect Netflix to jump in the game within the next 3-5 years. HHN has been a good testing ground to prove there is viable reach for their IPs and not only that, but be the BIGGEST promotional aspects for the last couple of years getting the most massive lines.

Saw some mention Last Night in SoHo. I highly doubt it will happen though, not much to work with in terms of a maze and it flopped BIG time. Would love to see Edgar Wright work with HHN in some capacity though.

Candyman, on the other hand, was a pretty big hit. No desire to see the film turned into a maze, but I'd love one based on the first one.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Fear Street: I’ll admit, I have not seen the films yet, but they’re was some buzz going around when this show came out. Another Netflix property for Universal to keep their eye on for sure once next year hits.

This is one I’m hoping for. They’re not groundbreaking, but I had a hell of a fun time with these movies, and there’s a lot for a maze to work with. From settings (the mall, the campground, the grocery store, the caves, the church, etc.) to characters (Tommy, Billy, Ruby, the Milkman, the pastor, etc.) to the fact they have three distinct time periods to utilize in the maze to make it a total aesthetic trip, my first thought after watching them was, “I would love to see this at HHN.” Honestly, if it was between it and Stranger Things, as much as I love ST, I’d be more thrilled to have Fear Street come.

This is one I’m hoping for. They’re not groundbreaking, but I had a hell of a fun time with these movies, and there’s a lot for a maze to work with. From settings (the mall, the campground, the grocery store, the caves, the church, etc.) to characters (Tommy, Billy, Ruby, the Milkman, the pastor, etc.) to the fact they have three distinct time periods to utilize in the maze to make it a total aesthetic trip, my first thought after watching them was, “I would love to see this at HHN.” Honestly, if it was between it and Stranger Things, as much as I love ST, I’d be more thrilled to have Fear Street come.
I’m sure Murdy would be excited about all of the sets he could reuse from the F13 mazes. I could see that as a possibility with that in mind.

I don’t think Fear Street would be a bad fit for the Terror Tram. There’s a dirt trail they have behind the WotW sets that I think would be great to utilize if they did Fear Street there.

I guess it’s also safe to say that Terror Tram is coming back for sure. Only question is what’s the likelihood that’s it’s either IP or original. My personal thoughts is that they might try and tackle CryptTV, which feels very fitting for a Terror Tram, and seeing that Hollywood loves to use it during queue lines, this makes it very possible.

Now I don’t know how it was rated, but Orlando seems to have some kind of thing with using a an IP as a scarezone, then becoming a maze in Hollywood next year (EX: Trick R Treat & Killer Klowns). Since CryptTV became a scarezone, perhaps Hollywood might use this opportunity to have for Terror Tram next year?

I guess it’s also safe to say that Terror Tram is coming back for sure. Only question is what’s the likelihood that’s it’s either IP or original. My personal thoughts is that they might try and tackle CryptTV, which feels very fitting for a Terror Tram, and seeing that Hollywood loves to use it during queue lines, this makes it very possible.

Now I don’t know how it was rated, but Orlando seems to have some kind of thing with using a an IP as a scarezone, then becoming a maze in Hollywood next year (EX: Trick R Treat & Killer Klowns). Since CryptTV became a scarezone, perhaps Hollywood might use this opportunity to have for Terror Tram next year?
Honestly I feel like CryptTV has a better shot at just being a zone here next year. If it were on tram they'd either have to repeat a lot of the same character in one section like titans of terror, which decreases show quality and integrity, or make an insane amount of unique costumes that would likely seriously eat into the events budget.
For a zone they only really need to make like 2 sets of 10 ish costumes depending on how big the zone is.

My big predictions for this year are the return of Stranger Things in 29, and multiple originals. Beyond that, I'm just as excited and dumbfounded of what it could be as the rest. Army verse could be cool for Horror Nights, but features a daytime aesthetic that clashes with the events hours pretty badly (Snyders movie taking place mostly during the day). Could be cool seeing a Snyder zombie mashup/related areas, though, with perhaps the use of Universals remake of Dawn?

Could be cool seeing a Snyder zombie mashup/related areas, though, with perhaps the use of Universals remake of Dawn?
I don't see them doing Dawn. The annoying response for that has always been " do you have a giant mall for me to rent out?" Like... what? That didn't stop them from doing The Shining, Hill House, or just about anything. Just put up a giant cardboard painting of a wall for the facade, call it a day, and give me my running zombies, dude.

Copy-pasting some thoughts from the Orlando thread that are relevant to Hollywood discussion:

Chucky seems like a safe bet with the success of the show and renewed general public interest in the character. If Scream's ever going to happen, it'll be next year and will probably be limited to the events of the new movie. (Fortunately, the new movie revisits many of the locations from the original film, so that isn't exactly a big problem.) Netflix will get a property and my money is on Fear Street - well-suited to Hollywood's presentation (remember, all the filmmakers and celebrities go see the stuff out there) and can also take advantage of Orlando's grander venues. There'll almost certainly be another Monster house, and I don't think it's hard to figure out what direction they'll go. If Nope is adaptable to the maze format, I'm sure it's coming.

Last Night in SoHo could've been cool - it's a Focus property - but it's not doing very well at the box office and will likely be out of the general conversation by next year.

Last edited:
Real quick in terms of originals with the Plaza De Los Muertos being pretty well received I think this might be the year we get a new Mexican folklore based original. One thing I noticed is that the skeleton animatronics in the plaza de los muertos area this year specifically say “Maybe Universal Can do a Chupacabra maze next year” after discussing their encounters with the creature. It’s probably just a joke but I listened to their banter until the audio fully looped and it’s practically the only real reference they make to universal or even the event itself from what I remember so I thought that was interesting and good to know mazes based on Mexican folklore are still on the teams minds.

Copy-pasting some thoughts from the Orlando thread that are relevant to Hollywood discussion:

Chucky seems like a safe bet with the success of the show and renewed general public interest in the character. If Scream's ever going to happen, it'll be next year and will probably be limited to the events of the new movie. (Fortunately, the new movie revisits many of the locations from the original film, so that isn't exactly a big problem.) Netflix will get a property and my money is on Fear Street - well-suited to Hollywood's presentation (remember, all the filmmakers and celebrities go see the stuff out there) and can also take advantage of Orlando's grander venues. There'll almost certainly be another Monster house, and I don't think it's hard to figure out what direction they'll go. If Nope is adaptable to the maze format, I'm sure it's coming.

Last Night in SoHo could've been cool - it's a Focus property - but it's not doing very well at the box office and will likely be out of the general conversation by next year.
AFIK, Scream is with a new studio now. Whatever qualms they had with the former IP owners are likely irrelevant. I think it would be lame if they just went with the new movie as the original is what everyone wants.

If there has to be a Netflix house, it will probably be Fear Street. I’m kind of “eh” about the IP, but if I’m sure it Will feel more like a F13 maze without Jason.
Real quick in terms of originals with the Plaza De Los Muertos being pretty well received I think this might be the year we get a new Mexican folklore based original. One thing I noticed is that the skeleton animatronics in the plaza de los muertos area this year specifically say “Maybe Universal Can do a Chupacabra maze next year” after discussing their encounters with the creature. It’s probably just a joke but I listened to their banter until the audio fully looped and it’s practically the only real reference they make to universal or even the event itself from what I remember so I thought that was interesting and good to know mazes based on Mexican folklore are still on the teams minds.
We’ll that’s….interesting. I can’t help but feel if they used that plaza as a testing ground to how people would react to another Mexican folklore house. If they bring it back I hope they bring back that plaza. I never got to try that steak quesadilla. Lol

We’ll that’s….interesting. I can’t help but feel if they used that plaza as a testing ground to how people would react to another Mexican folklore house. If they bring it back I hope they bring back that plaza. I never got to try that steak quesadilla. Lol

Picture if a Mexican folklore maze was in Parisian Courtyard and that Plaza De Los Muertos is their expanding the maze's story. That would be really cool IMO, especially if that area was a test for more Mexican folklore mazes.

Either way, the two things I think HHN Hollywood needs to have return to the event next year is Potter and the Plaza as a themed food and drink space.

Status
Not open for further replies.