Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree with all of this. The one thing that I will point out is, most of those were being planned before Marvel proved the popularity of long-term storytelling with Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame.

I'd argue that multi movie/year arcs are more popular now than ever, and Universal may see some dollar signs.

But, to your point, a lot can happen between now and 2026.
Except the Unholy Trinity timeline was being discussed in 2018, when Infinity War came out, for execution in 2019/2020, when Endgame came out, and they still didn’t do it.

Except the Unholy Trinity timeline was being discussed in 2018, when Infinity War came out, for execution in 2019/2020, when Endgame came out, and they still didn’t do it.
Right. Being planned before they came out, and before they were a proven smash-hit.

Creative may have seen the writing on the wall. But upper management needed to see the balance sheets first before throwing support behind the idea.

Starting to think the icon is the Park itself, especially after that ad we got today... This is very interesting. Having the park/event manifest as a living creature/entity is a very unique idea.

View attachment 21857

I was in the camp of that "cocoon" is actually a heart., which supports this theory. Initially thought the idea dumb, but it's easier to tie the event together with this than trying to tie some theoretical god of fear/death/whatever to Ghostbusters, aliens that attack noise, evil Willie Wonka, and the brides of Dracula. For example, the NYC firehouse has always been a part of the park; now it's just being "repossessed." Something to that effect.

The only time Marvel should be referenced in regards to HHN is 2002 (Island Under Siege + Maximum Carnage)

And as for long term plans changing, the 30th anniversary is a prime example. It unfortunately became "The Jack Takeover... Again" instead of the "every 15 years, Season of the Queen" lore that was set up in 2005 (which Rick Spencer had hoped to make happen. RIP). Considering what they did in regards to "the lore", I'm kinda glad covid wreaked apocalyptic havoc. 30 just ended up being the 25th 2.0 mashed with 20th (minor hint of Sweet 16), but with more IPs.

I'm just waiting for the next big shift in event execution. But hey, at least they've jumped on themed popcorn buckets (I'm sure Jack's head or "box" will become one in the future)

Brother, we’re in it
In that case...
200.gif

• Sad
Reactions: garpeel
10:33 again

Does this mean we won't get an announcement Tomorrow but will instead have to wait till Friday if they even decide to announce something at Spooky Empire. Keep in mind that they never actually stated that they would announce something at Spooky Empire.

Does this mean we won't get an announcement Tomorrow but will instead have to wait till Friday if they even decide to announce something at Spooky Empire. Keep in mind that they never actually stated that they would announce something at Spooky Empire.
If they announce anything, and that’s a giants if, I think it would be tomorrow still and talked about at Spooky. They never announced anything before at Spooky.

Judging by the tagline on the shirts " Horror lives here" and the teaser video it seems like they might be going with an Icon that is more in the vein of the manifestation of horror.
If it is a icon why would Hollywood be involved it doesn't make sense. Since like someone said Hollywood isn't known for icon game unless it's a terror tram.

I swear this isn't meant to be related to them doing an ongoing story, but I just feel like they'd be playing their cards way too early if they did an Icon like this now. Don't get me wrong, it's friggin' awesome, but you'd think they want to save what is really the closest we'd probably have to a Thanos figure for a big anniversary year.

A good point was made regarding this in the Reddit server, a problem that Marvel comics ran into, they kept introducing new big bads that would make the previous one seem weak and no longer relevant. Just slightly worried about that happening.

I keep thinking of the line from Bride of Frankenstein: To a new world of Gods and Monsters. Of course its too early to know what type of icon this is, but given the recent teaser I'd really like to see it become more of a monster type icon. Not in the same vein as Lady Luck or Fear, but something more intimidating and aggressive.

As much as I would have loved Eddie or one of the other known icons/characters that have been discussed to be the icon, I'm really excited to see what the final reveal of this will be.