Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe could happen in the SS between the transformers and mummy ride
I'm going to hold out hope.
Honestly, The Mummy is one of Universal's all-time biggest IPs so they'd definitely be missing out not to have some sort of representation at the parks. Fingers crossed we do eventually get something updated.

I dont mind the Mummy leaving but....not now. They need to add another ride/sub area to the park and no not the Simpsons area like another area. To me with the crowds of this last year and HHN, I think a new area is needed before 2028 and that will take some time so it hopefully will start as F&F is opening

I think if Mummy goes, then I have to think part of this has to come to accessibility and pathways--and the issues that have seemingly been prevalent with the Lower Lot Midway being as congested as it is.

The park needs a 3 coaster system, and a family thrill feels like something that'd be beneficial to pair alongside the Family (Hippo) and High-Thrill (Hollywood Drift). If Mummy is replaced--I hope they can figure something out to help that; and by extension, also opening up pathways down there.

The mummy has at least another 4 years.

Edit: I think that’s the biggest possibility, the mummy does NOT need to be replaced by another ride.

I genuinely have to ask and wonder, especially considering as they would now of seen how bad and how congested the Midway goes at it's worst time.

Could be possible they are looking at potential options; one including say, an open hub with a show attached. The Mummy showbuilding plus the nearby chiller gives a lot of space that could be used rather well.

All jokes aside, the Mummy and surrounding soundstages are the easiest options for freeing up the lower lot congestion. A branched out walkway loop or hub like @AlexanderMBush mentioned would help tremendously. Universal Creative also has the approval from pretty much the entire community to remove Mummy without much sadness/backlash:lmao:. After F&F opens I can see big priority for lower lot quality of life improvements.

Universal Creative also has the approval from pretty much the entire community to remove Mummy without much sadness/backlash:lmao:.
I think there'd be a form of a sadness, but it'd be because of the backwards section and how the coaster shines with it. Otherwise, I am content if it goes for something akin to Universal Plaza--if it means the Lower Lot is given space to breathe.

My opinion stands on the Three Coaster system--but they need to get the entertainment back up to par for the park. Especially with the prospects of the property becoming a legitimate resort destination; you can't just have the nighttime Hogwarts shows as your selling point.

I genuinely have to ask and wonder, especially considering as they would now of seen how bad and how congested the Midway goes at it's worst time.

Could be possible they are looking at potential options; one including say, an open hub with a show attached. The Mummy showbuilding plus the nearby chiller gives a lot of space that could be used rather well.
I rather then fix the crowding than a ride tbh. We need places to sit or something that does not require long lines

I rather then fix the crowding than a ride tbh. We need places to sit or something that does not require long lines

Precisely. Even if it means we lose a coaster in the short term; and lose a HHN venue in the process--they have additional venues for HHN and they also have the options to bring a third coaster in to round out the high thrill and family market eventually.

I also think the Supply Vault being converted into a Production Central like store also raises me to wonder on the viability and future for venues on that side of the road in the short term.