Star Trek coming to Universal? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Trek coming to Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see, that makes sense..sort of..I still don't see it flying off the shelf like Potter though.

Unless they hold fantasicon at their new convention center located at Hotel 5? ;)

That would actually make some really good sense on Universal's part if they could attract a Trek convention on site to go along with the new land. Star Trek Weekends here we come :lol: I can't wait for my little ones to partake in the Vulcan death grip training classes

I think a Star Trek ride with the Space Fantasy system from Japan would make an awesome ride. There's plenty of options to choose from, so if Star Trek is coming I doubt they'd go for a standard simulator.

Is this a real life opinion? Because it's extremely misgudied. Star Wars is a merchandise machine. Hell, they basically invtented the "action figure" and movie merchandising to begin with. Star Trek as a pretty strong following with teens, and older folks, but Star Wars is pretty much universal. The merchandise plays to ALL audiences.

Definitely agree, Star Wars merch is what made Lucas a billionaire. I'm sure Star Trek merch has it's benifits too, hell the red, blue and yellow shirts would do incredibly well in sales. I don't see Star Trek as being a must have ride but I do see it as a giant bragging right. It's a giant IP and to have it lined up with potter, Simpsons and marvel would be worth it alone. They'd basically have everything Disney doesn't at that point

Can't really see Star Trek fit in USF, you have all these more or less regular cityscapes, and then you'd have something futuristic ... though on the other hand, I do like the idea of a futuristic city ...

Can't really see Star Trek fit in USF, you have all these more or less regular cityscapes, and then you'd have something futuristic ... though on the other hand, I do like the idea of a futuristic city ...

Judging on Universal Studios Singapore alone, I'd say a Futurisitic/Sci-fi City works pretty well with the other lands.

A Starfleet Academy (which is located in San Francisco BTW) would be cool, with an Enterprise sitting outside.

Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time that a Star Trek experience would be in USF....remember the interactive VHS experience they used to have next to Kongfrontation when USF first opened.

Goddard Group (the people behind T2:3D, Jurassic Park: The Ride, and more) had originally planned to build this Enterprise in Vegas but plans fell through.

S
star-trek-uss-enterprise-full-scale-600x276.jpg

While it means nothing... there is nary a whisper about this IP in "the building" or UC offices... that I can find. On another note... this could be interpreted as the mysterious and elusive project "ring" could it not?

ent0006gq8.jpg

I think the key to a Star Trek land/attraction in a park setting is to "transport guests" to the themed environment from the park. There's no real facade that's easily identifiable or could be done on a reasonable scale. I think the best route would be to use either transporters or a shuttle ride system to transport guests into a indoor starebase themed land then have an attraction based on a trip with the Enterprise and also an outdoor alien planed could be tied in with this.

I think the key to a Star Trek land/attraction in a park setting is to "transport guests" to the themed environment from the park. There's no real facade that's easily identifiable or could be done on a reasonable scale. I think the best route would be to use either transporters or a shuttle ride system to transport guests into a indoor starebase themed land then have an attraction based on a trip with the Enterprise and also an outdoor alien planed could be tied in with this.

The Las Vegas one had a shuttle system (flight sim) ride to go to Deep Space 9. They had teleporters also IIRC from videos on youtube...never got to see it in person

The Las Vegas one had a shuttle system (flight sim) ride to go to Deep Space 9. They had teleporters also IIRC from videos on youtube...never got to see it in person

Yes, got to go twice. In my opinion it was the best themed attraction ever. The use of actors and sets took it way beyond just a ride.

I could see a large transport shuttle being used to move people into and out of the land similar to the Hogwarts Express currently. I think a shuttle simulator ride would be a bad choice, it's been done too many times.

One thing is for Sure, Star Trek coming would be a Huge IP to bring in between HP and LOTR. Not many other huge IP's liek those that I can think of

My problem with Trek is that I don't see what attraction possibilities there are outside of a normal flight simulator...which does not sound interesting in the slightest.

Carowinds' Nighthawk flying coaster used to be themed to Star Trek and was called BORG Assimilator, but something on that scale is unlikely for this rumored attraction.

I was thinking that this could be more INDOORS. Like you walk into a giant hangar and there is the Enterprise (or at least some parts of it with the rest implied) which you enter and it leads through corridors on the ship to the attraction. Anyone who has ever been to Kings Island or Kings Dominion and the Flight of Fear coasters can tell you they did something like this with a flying saucer and it was pretty effective. I'm just picturing it on a much bigger and more elaborate scale.

flightoffear7_blastcoaster.jpg