The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This still makes me curious if this means we could see an expanded HHN house in the F&F queue. Obviously they'd have to start building it in the summer, but if the ride is closed for all of HHN - they won't need the space.

Reactions: saint.piss
Can they use the 2 months downtime to reprogram the ride to just entirely bypass the party hologram sequence? This is one of the only rides to ever exist that would benefit from an entire scene just being turned off and mothballed completely. Would save them a few bucks not having to constantly maintain the truck lift mechanism and they could put those savings toward 3D returning to Kong. If they're in the business of cutting costs (and corners) why not cut the stuff that sucks instead of the stuff that's good?

Got to do the full experience recently (before I only got to do the ride during HHN, this time I got to do both pre-shows and the ride). I still don’t hate it, but I definitely don’t love it (let’s say I’m lukewarm). I feel so bad for the team members stuck doing the pre-shows as they really have nothing to work off of or with. That said, they both really made the two pre-shows a lot of fun. You could tell they both really tried. I got a guy playing Pat and a girl playing Jaime. Pat said Pat is short for Party All the Time, made a joke about how he wished this was happening during HHN, called out my Jurassic Park shirt (“Wait, you actually went to that park? How did you survive?!” When I told him it was luck, he said “You heard that folks, luck”.). He moon-walked across his stage/platform, did a mean “The Rock” impression, and complained about how the characters on the screen kept ignoring him. Jaime had some great jokes about how Taj and the others on the screen went from calling us family to civilians (She basically called them liars), and commented how they were basically delivering us into the open arms of the FBI and how we were all going to federal prison. The ride itself is still not great, but feels close to a perfect encapsulation of the films: Big, stupid, dumb, toothless, few thrills, but oddly fun. I still LOVE the party busses with no liquor. In a way, I’d compare this attraction to riding a stupid, dumb, silly B movie. For myself, I’d say it’s worth one ride-thru each trip so long as the wait isn’t long.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
The TM's working the preshows really do make the ride entirely. It's such a strange thing to see them make fun of the whole ride, IP, and intended preshow, and while doing so be way more entertaining than anything the actual attraction can offer. Shoutout to them, and shoutout to Universal for not letting pride get in the way of allowing these TM's that amount of freedom with the scene. I feel like there is totally a scenario where they ended up forcing the TM's back onto the original, intended preshow script out of embarassment. I feel like Disney would never allow something this freeform and self-critical, no matter how big of a flop a ride turns out.

The TM's working the preshows really do make the ride entirely. It's such a strange thing to see them make fun of the whole ride, IP, and intended preshow, and while doing so be way more entertaining than anything the actual attraction can offer. Shoutout to them, and shoutout to Universal for not letting pride get in the way of allowing these TM's that amount of freedom with the scene. I feel like there is totally a scenario where they ended up forcing the TM's back onto the original, intended preshow script out of embarassment. I feel like Disney would never allow something this freeform and self-critical, no matter how big of a flop a ride turns out.
Sounds like they are making the best of a bad situation until they can put this ride out of its misery. While there doesn't appear to be any plans to close Supercharged now, hopefully once that rumored F&F HRRR replacement comes online Universal reconsiders and closes down Supercharged ASAP.

Sounds like they are making the best of a bad situation until they can put this ride out of its misery. While there doesn't appear to be any plans to close Supercharged now, hopefully once that rumored F&F HRRR replacement comes online Universal reconsiders and closes down Supercharged ASAP.
That's the hope. At the very least, a few more years of operation and a second, inevitably more successful ride based on the IP opening up will probably help some of the penny-pinchers up top feel more comfortable approving any demolition plans we'd like to see happen here.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Agreed, the pre-show is the best part and it is because they are allowed to do those things.