The Icons and Lore Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Icons and Lore Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Overthinking this.

It could always have a part 2 with Holidays... in prison.

Or he escapes and does Part 2 where ever.

True. I don't think they should do Holidays again unless they can come up with however many different ones. New Year's, April Fools...:shrug:

I'd say he could've hosted Run BSF, wish that house were more focused on comedic horror versions of the countries represented.

True. I don't think they should do Holidays again unless they can come up with however many different ones. New Year's, April Fools...:shrug:

I'd say he could've hosted Run BSF, wish that house were more focused on comedic horror versions of the countries represented.
Or maybe he hosts a Slaughter Sinema sequel, that'd be a lot of fun.

Or maybe he hosts a Slaughter Sinema sequel, that'd be a lot of fun.

But again, I don't think it would work as well. No connecting theme and all.

The most convenient theme, as I've stated before, would be the Classic Monsters, but Uni understandably and probably wisely wants them to have their own (reverent) house each year.

IDK, if I had somehow been able to pick the originals for HHN 25, I would've chosen:
-Jack 3D funhouse/the carnival ride he was found in, In-Between style (Shrek theatre)
-Scary Tales, entirely dedicated to the Snow Queen (SS24)
-Nightingales, either the Roman fire or gladiators as they went with but in a soundstage with original masks (SS24)
-HR Bloodengutz Classic Monsters marathon at Hellgate (Disaster) (the entire reason for this little tangent, pardon me please lol)

Last edited:
Bloodengutz.

Presents.

Reality.

Terror-vision.

Stuck in prison, he no longer has his beloved movies. All he has to watch is the only thing on the prison TV: Reality TV. It becomes his new obsession. During a prison riot, he leads the prisoners into creating their own twisted versions of their favorite shows.

It’s RIGHT THERE.

So not like now since I think it’s too late but say like this decision was made in the 2000s, what if Universal decided to have Jack and most of the other icons appear every year in Orlando since their inceptions. Not specifically as the “Main Icons” per se, but like Mickey and his friends at the Disney parks in that they’re just there at Universal. If you created mascots to help market the event, why not keep em around?

So not like now since I think it’s too late but say like this decision was made in the 2000s, what if Universal decided to have Jack and most of the other icons appear every year in Orlando since their inceptions. Not specifically as the “Main Icons” per se, but like Mickey and his friends at the Disney parks in that they’re just there at Universal. If you created mascots to help market the event, why not keep em around?

“And while you’re at it, give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!”

Comcast gave them access to big IPs = surefire way to market event. Tbh, this always repelled me from ever liking TWD (aside from it being much too depressing).

“And while you’re at it, give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!”

Comcast gave them access to big IPs = surefire way to market event. Tbh, this always repelled me from ever liking TWD (aside from it being much too depressing).

I never was a big fan of the zombie or
apocalypse stories; add in the fact that the quality apparently decreased is a reason I’m never going to give the Walking Dead a chance.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
While HorrorNightsNightmares is still keeping their forum archived; I’m still thinking for the heck of it of importing some of the content from my “Commercials from HHN” thread to here? Basically a bunch of vids and pics I picked up from the web, some involving Icons. What do y’all think

Bringing this back and adding a little more context to it; say like every year they have a little photo ops area where you take your pic with Jack, the Usher, Storyteller, or all of them at once, or they are just random scareactors who just wander the park in random areas, and they either stay the same or Uni takes a page out of Disney and redesigns them to fit with the marketing aesthetic of the events; like say Caretaker sporting wayfarer sunglasses and a mullet for HHN 28 and for a “90s homage” HHN the Director and Usher is decked in grunge fashion, or maybe they’re all just Halloween farmers, IDK, choose your poison.

Reactions: Galactus
*Full* credit to Jude! from a Discord server I'm in for compiling this together, full timeline from the Oddfellow podcast:

1920s – Richard Oddfellow travels to the “Jungle of Doom”, obtaining a magic crystal skull from a temple. This gives Oddfellow the power to create and mutate creatures, the ability to near perfectly mimic the appearance of people or animals, alongside a form of low-level mind control. Oddfellow learns to use his abilities in the Jungle of Doom, using the local wildlife to practice his craft, before returning to the Midwest. Between 1920 and 1938, Oddfellow establishes his own travelling circus, and obtains the cane of souls after heavily researching and obsessing over the power of the Zodiac, ultimately etching his back and face with his own personal sigil and the wheel of the Zodiac.

1938 - Oddfellow, obsessed with the power of the Zodiac and immortality, murders over 100 circus patrons and workers as a mass sacrifice. As part of the sacrifice, Oddfellow attempts to kill Jack Schmidt, who scars Oddfellow’s face and blinds his left eye. Oddfellow’s Zodiac tainted blood leaks onto Jack, bestowing both with immortality. Oddfellow stuffs the body of Jack Schmitt into a large wooden box, and leaves the circus untouched, albeit without any evidence of an “Oddfellow” working there. Castilla, a starving vampire from the NYC brood, believes that the mass murder in the circus was the work of the infamous vampire lord Alato – an elder member of the NYC known for his brutality. Between 1938 and 1940, Oddfellow, disguising himself as “Arlo” - a clown turned by a vampire raid on his circus – joins the NYC brood alongside Castilla and her father, Fenrick. Oddfellow describes his fictional account of the circus massacre to the NYC council, gaining favour with the council.

1940 - Oddfellow ships hundreds of self-created creatures to his shipyard in San Francisco in order to disseminate them across the world. Several creatures escape containment and ravage the dockworkers – Oddfellow participates in this carnage under the guise of one of these monsters. Returning from San Francisco, Oddfellow (as Arlo) curries favour with the NYC brood, slowly gaining power over several decades. From this point onwards, Oddfellow indeterminably and semi-randomly drops his creatures to several areas across the world, influencing several major events.

1942 - Oddfellow, as Arlo, recounts his fictional experiences of the circus massacre to the NYC council for the second time. Again, the council accepts his message, and he is granted access to the council as a council member. Cecile notices several discrepancies in this second account and begins to feel somewhat doubtful of Arlo’s motivations. Fenrick, feeling perturbed with the council, leaves his daughter and exits the brood, living alone to study immortality. Oddfellow and castilla attend a council meeting, in which Oddfellow stokes Alato’s pride and lust for blood, provoking him into planning a feast for the next year.

1955 - Still part of NYC brood, Oddfellow participates in the 1955 feast, convincing a young vampire to murder the homecoming queen.

1969 - Oddfellow, Alato and Cecile participate in the 1969 feast, slaughtering hundreds of festival goers. Amidst the chaos, Oddfellow kidnaps Alato, and both are assumed dead or missing in the chaos. Oddfellow sacrifices Alato and drains his blood, in order to boost his own natural power and immortality.

1980 - Jack’s resting place is disturbed, freeing him from containment. The vampires of NYC quickly learn of this, and are somewhat disturbed by his immortality, but decide to leave him to his own devices. Jack begins his personal quest to find Oddfellow, and exact revenge by killing him.

2006 - Jack is incarcerated in Shadybrook Asylum, which he quickly assumes control of through a prison riot. Finding the location of Oddfellow through a selection of records, Jack searches for Oddfellow to exact revenge.

2007 - Jack, upon finding Oddfellow’s whereabouts, murders Oddfellow. Jack steals Oddfellow’s cane and jacket, and then departs to start his own travelling carnival. Celebrating in a vampire-controlled NYC nightclub, Jack recounts his tale to Castilla. Despite this, Oddfellow manages to resurrect himself from death through the power he had obtained from Alato . Between 2007 and 2023, Oddfellow reobtains his staff of souls.

2023 - Oddfellow begins to offer immortality to his mortal followers through a specially brewed elixir . Oddfellow offers this immortality granting substance to his followers that experience large amounts of fear, death and mutilation from Zodiac induced visions and experiences in large festival – like venues. Castilla, witnessing one of these festivals, feels supernaturally compelled to achieve immortality despite already being a vampire. Spending the last of her own free will, Castilla writes a letter informing her father of the threat that Oddfellow faces, before succumbing to her own desires of fear and murder.

Last edited:
Don't appreciate the Pumpkin Lord erasure.
Fr lmao
He wasn’t as much an icon as Dr. Oddfellow is and the other icons.
Well, PL has only been around since 2020. While yes, Oddfellow has never been an icon, but he has been a part of HHN lore for a very long time. It's not really a fair comparison if we're talking about who is more established. PL was pretty much "responsible" for gathering the horrors around HHN 31. You literally were able to interact with him at the front of the park lol. Plus, he got his own merch.

The Pumpkin Lord, the spirit of Halloween, has taken over this year’s event, summoning hordes of fiendish creatures. Terror has taken root. (From HHNWiki).

In my eyes, PL is as much of an icon as the rest of them. An icon that is slightly less connected to the event or less established than another doesn't matter to me.

Fr lmao

Well, PL has only been around since 2020. While yes, Oddfellow has never been an icon, but he has been a part of HHN lore for a very long time. It's not really a fair comparison if we're talking about who is more established. PL was pretty much "responsible" for gathering the horrors around HHN 31. You literally were able to interact with him at the front of the park lol. Plus, he got his own merch.

The Pumpkin Lord, the spirit of Halloween, has taken over this year’s event, summoning hordes of fiendish creatures. Terror has taken root. (From HHNWiki).

In my eyes, PL is as much of an icon as the rest of them. An icon that is slightly less connected to the event or less established than another doesn't matter to me.
PL is an icon(kinda, you really didn’t see him besides his one zone) but no where near the level as the odd icons. Oddfellow may have been around since the 2000s but he didn’t have a whole backstory other than with Jack. Now it’s a whole story for HHN 32.