The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The basement section is undoubtedly the most terrifying part of the game imo, I can't wait to see that brought to life.

Do fans of the game/show think I need to watch the show for this house? I’m absolutely not playing the game, but I can maybe stick with the show unless this is just going to end up a pretty basic zombie house (in which case I won’t bother).
I imagine it’ll be like a combination of Seeds of Extinction mixed with Descendants of Destruction (both houses set in the same story, heh) I highly recommend the show, but has less action than the video game since it has to appease the gamer brain.
Murdy also mentioned that it would have everything a LOU would want so hopefully there’s David (this part could be extremely freaky), The surgery room, Sam and Henry and of course Bloaters and Clickers!

I'm sort of wondering how they'll do it. The part where Joel gets separated from Ellie, Sam, and Henry brings an insane amount of infected/clickers.
For sure - I expect that since they emphasized the sewers.

The basement where Joel falls down the elevator shaft and has to evade clickers/stalkers/a bloater was absolutely horrifying.

And while I think Pittsburgh is probably the best setting for the house to be in, I'm sad that we won't get to see David in some capacity.

If I had to guess on the general flow, assuming it's a relatively linear adaption of the story-

Checkpoint façade -> Bookstore -> Hotel Grand -> Crashed elevator as a transition -> Basement scene + Bloater -> Urban street with Pittsburgh bridge in the background as a transition (maybe the checkpoint right before?) -> Sewer tunnels, my fav :heart: -> Long suburban street overrun with infected as a finale

I still think those will be the major scenes that we will experience, even if they get a little jumbled. My main question is- do we start right with a scene featuring the infected, or slowly build up to their appearance?

If I had to guess on the general flow, assuming it's a relatively linear adaption of the story-

Checkpoint façade -> Bookstore -> Hotel Grand -> Crashed elevator as a transition -> Basement scene + Bloater -> Urban street with Pittsburgh bridge in the background as a transition (maybe the checkpoint right before?) -> Sewer tunnels, my fav :heart: -> Long suburban street overrun with infected as a finale

I still think those will be the major scenes that we will experience, even if they get a little jumbled. My main question is- do we start right with a scene featuring the infected, or slowly build up to their appearance?
Honestly I'd be completely fine with only seeing raiders up until the basement scene.

Reactions: DonnieBoy
I don't mean to double post - but I started a replay of the game recently. I've played through it I have no clue how many times, but it's the first time in many years - and I just finished the Pittsburgh section.

I really hope to see Ish references throughout the sewer section.

To me the big jump was Uncharted 2 , which was easily my favorite game story for awhile until last of us 2
I’d still give the credit to Jak II. If you play the first Jak and Daxter, as much I love it, it’s typical Naughty Dog platformer affair in regards to story. Then play Jak II and it’s a monumental leap in terms of storytelling. Uncharted was more of an evolution. Jak II was the enormous leap.

I’d still give the credit to Jak II. If you play the first Jak and Daxter, as much I love it, it’s typical Naughty Dog platformer affair in regards to story. Then play Jak II and it’s a monumental leap in terms of storytelling. Uncharted was more of an evolution. Jak II was the enormous leap.
Uncharted 4 was incredible storytelling, the third act just went a bit long. So ridiculously stupid that they essentially used Uncharted 4 and some of the stuff from that game to do a very mediocre movie.

Thank you for this. It’s reassuring to someone not familiar with the IP - sounds like a very substantive house. The focus on basements and sewers in the thread was a bit troubling - those aren’t the most intriguing settings for an HHN maze.

Thank you for this. It’s reassuring to someone not familiar with the IP - sounds like a very substantive house. The focus on basements and sewers in the thread was a bit troubling - those aren’t the most intriguing settings for an HHN maze.
I can assure you - I know sewers and basements don't sound exciting, but there is a TON of substance in these areas of the game. Lot of things to look at (particularly in the sewers)

In the game, an entire group of people has decided to live in the sewer tunnels. Certain areas of the sewer tunnels almost look like a very dingy house - along with areas even themed to look like childrens' play areas and schools!

For sure- a lot of what gives these locations a cool identity is the overgrown fungal colonies, structural collapses, and what @TheCodeMan95 previously mentioned is gonna have a lot to do with how successful this haunt is.

It can be pretty simple to portray build and portray suburbia in a haunted house (as we've seen in Halloween numerous times) but it's difficult to make those sets feel like they've actually been lived in, and that's what should set TLOU apart- hopefully.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Pittsburgh is the most infected-heavy portion of the game, so it kinda makes sense. It lends itself to a house the most because it takes place in a city with tall buildings, interiors, etc.
I have not played the game. Will watching the show be enough introduction to the material?

I purchased an UTH tour purely because of TLOU being on it
poor john travolta GIF