Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also think it’s important to point out that while people often forget it’s a “ride,” Kilimanjaro Safaris and its 3,000+ THRC is a top five WDI creation (at least in my list).
Agreed. Dinosaur is actually pretty far down my list at that park and it is a ride we skip most trips to AK. I won't miss it that much and assume whatever replaces it will be better.

To say Dinosaur is the best ride has zero facts to back it up. It doesn't have a wait a lot of time and wasn't a ride many did fast pass for when there was fast passes. People don't ride it nearly as much as all of the other stuff to do at AK.

Reactions: saint.piss
Dinosaur is far and away my favorite attraction at Animal Kingdom and has been since it was Countdown to Extinction back in '98. It's loss makes me significantly less excited about ever going back to Animal Kingdom.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Dinosaur is far and away my favorite attraction at Animal Kingdom and has been since it was Countdown to Extinction back in '98. It's loss makes me significantly less excited about ever going back to Animal Kingdom.
I’m sure whatever replaces it will change your mind.

Reactions: saint.piss
I’m sure whatever replaces it will change your mind.
I certainly hope so but even as a huge fan of Indiana Jones, the Indy ride at Disneyland was such a disappointment when I finally got to ride it that they are really going to have to put some serious effort to make me not miss one of my all time favorite rides.

I certainly hope so but even as a huge fan of Indiana Jones, the Indy ride at Disneyland was such a disappointment when I finally got to ride it that they are really going to have to put some serious effort to make me not miss one of my all time favorite rides.
Ride tech has come a long since the initial Indy opened at DL.

overrated Indy
b129559c7fd050073191cf04d20e759e.gif

I'll get my last ride in in two weeks. I liked it, didn't love it, but I prefer a new Indy ride. Dino was OK, but not anywhere near where I'll miss it. The only downer is that's one less AK ride for a few years, in a park with very few actual rides.

Reactions: IzzyB and Jake S
I get to DAK about once every 10 years. I am in no rush for overrated Indy, and am ambivalent towards Encanto.
I think this addition will be a plus to the park, Dinosaur wasn't a popular ride anymore.
I'll get my last ride in in two weeks. I liked it, didn't love it, but I prefer a new Indy ride. Dino was OK, but not anywhere near where I'll miss it. The only downer is that's one less AK ride for a few years, in a park with very few actual rides.
I agree, which is why i think they will start the other work first and close Dino after the holiday rush. I mean Dino USA has a small kiddy ride and playground and that is it. It really won't harm capacity too much closing that first and start working on that area. But I could be wrong and they close all of it and don't care about capacity in the busy holiday season.

Reactions: OrlLover
Closure timelines would be marginally less impactful if they had opened that new Zootopia show by now. A completely new 3D show with animatronics would have still given that venue increased utilization.

Closure timelines would be marginally less impactful if they had opened that new Zootopia show by now. A completely new 3D show with animatronics would have still given that venue increased utilization.
We haven’t had any news on that show since they announced it right?

Reactions: GA-MBIT