Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal is just killing it with construction right now

Also every person i tell about this HHN all the time in Vegas thinks its a genius. So for sure we will have to wait and see how they handle it all but think this should do very well

I always see a lot of comments when Halloween is done that people are sad (it's my happy time but that is not the point) so opening it after halloween could scratch an itch and be successful. It also gives the cast and the whole team to not start 100% and I think that is a healthy thing.

I always see a lot of comments when Halloween is done that people are sad (it's my happy time but that is not the point) so opening it after halloween could scratch an itch and be successful. It also gives the cast and the whole team to not start 100% and I think that is a healthy thing.
oh no i actually disagree strongly, in my opinion they need the hype and the momentum of Halloween very strongly. they need it for advertising and promotion and people looking for something scary to do, sure this is year long but they need a big opening,

also they could promote this when they promote the regular hhn and promote it together, remind everyone about it.
also, there have been some years when hhn orlando ended on november and the park is dead, people just move on once october 31st ends

oh no i actually disagree strongly, in my opinion they need the hype and the momentum of Halloween very strongly. they need it for advertising and promotion and people looking for something scary to do, sure this is year long but they need a big opening,

also they could promote this when they promote the regular hhn and promote it together, remind everyone about it.
also, there have been some years when hhn orlando ended on november and the park is dead, people just move on once october 31st ends
HORROR UNLEASED BLOODY CHRISTMAS
Santa knows you have been naughty.
We at Horror Unleased are in a festive mood and it's not only the tree that has been cut down.

I’m interested in seeing what operations is like for this during “slow” periods. Year-round haunts struggle, and I’ve never seen a year-round haunt with so much going on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re only open three nights a week or only operate 2 houses when it’s not a holiday period or haunt season (especially January to May).

I’m interested in seeing what operations is like for this during “slow” periods. Year-round haunts struggle, and I’ve never seen a year-round haunt with so much going on. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re only open three nights a week or only operate 2 houses when it’s not a holiday period or haunt season (especially January to May).
Besides being an add on ticket for Area 51
- Weddings (till death don't us part)
- Bachelor parties (as if it's the last night of your life)
- Horror movie tie ins (see the movie, live the horror)
- Behind the sceams tours (How do they do that)
I could come up with a dozen more but Universal should have to hire me.

Vegas is a little different. There are no "slow" periods as you have the locals and the ton of visitors circulating through. Also add in its located at one of the most popular locations right now in vegas, they should always have a steady flow. Area 51 draws in lots of people. I can see them opening mid afternoon during the week as the restaurant/bar, retail location and a haunt then on weekend and peak days, open 100 percent.

I didn't wanna bring it up but yes, year round haunts struggle in general in the off months.
like January. your idea of opening 3 nights makes sense

Besides being an add on ticket for Area 51
- Weddings (till death don't us part)
- Bachelor parties (as if it's the last night of your life)
- Horror movie tie ins (see the movie, live the horror)
- Behind the sceams tours (How do they do that)
I could come up with a dozen more but Universal should have to hire me.
Most of your ideas don’t really “increase” operational capacity during slow seasons, but rather require curtailing max capacity of the houses (which is what I’m focused on - the bar/restaurant will potentially be independently successful).

A wedding is a private event which would require the place to be closed, so it kinda proves my point. A Bachelor/Bachelorette party will likely take place during normal operating hours - not as a private event - but dictates needing enough overall popularity during an “off” season. So, again, proves my point.

Horror movie tie-ins are niche and require frequent shutdown of individual houses for updates to current movies. Which means, they won’t be at full operational capacity while those houses are down (again, proving my point).

Behind the scenes requires ADDITIONAL hours on top of basic house operations, because a behind the scenes that doesn’t tour a house is a makeup show. That means it takes place during the day.