Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With regards to the Stardust Racers trademark filing: an Internet search brought up references to a MarioKart game in development in 2021 called MarioKart: Stardust Racers. There is reference to a demo, but nothing beyond that. I found no indication that this game was ever released into production. So there is at least some possibility that the trademark is related to Super Mario World and not Celestial Park. Or perhaps since Nintendo never actually used it, they had no problem with Universal filing the Stardust Racers trademark instead.

Reactions: Suchomimus
It feels like we're still in the "this is just to let you know we're working on it" announcement phase of marketing aimed at the general public. I'm sure some would enjoy the concept art but it doesn't compare to seeing photos of the real thing. People also tend to reserve judgement until it's done because concept art isn't always representative of the final product, generally speaking.

The park is very much a construction zone still and, unless you're an avid fan as we tend to be here, it's not very interesting to look at for the average guest. UGB is all but confirmed at the moment and people aren't exactly running over in droves to watch trenches get built and sharing which of the diggers is their favorite.

So I don't know if this is a question with any kind of knowable answer, or if it's too early to even say, but with the last few marketing pushes, is any of this reaching a wider audience beyond hardcore or casual theme park fans? Is that the audience for the current moment, and 2025 is when we start seeing SuperBowl commercials and big billboards in major cities? I'm curious to know how well the marketing effort is going, because despite us being 3 out of 5 lands in to the announcement cycle I feel like it's still kind of a niche interest for most at the moment.
The word is getting out there and is in the back of people's minds though which is the important part. Once the preview center opens and the lands near completion I won't be surprised if we see a different phase of marketing using the park as a live backdrop, including content with voice and screen actors touring the lands and boarding the rides.

It'd be crazy to think Universal isn't also observing reactions between announcements and seeing what is working and what isn't for next year.

With the nature of social media you have to look at how many people are sharing things across the board. They post on Facebook users start to tag family or friends and that spreads the news even further.

Go on X/Twitter users are retweeting it to their respective audiences. Instagram it works the same way so a lot of GP can be reached through various channels.
Sprinkle in the algorithm *spooky noises* and when you see it can be today, could be next week or more, or not at all because computer says no. People are more likely to come across theme park content if they're already interacting with such content or follow people who do.

Being able to signal blast across multiple channels on TV, radio, social media, and various news outlets helps break through those barriers. Thanks Comcast!?

Yes, the people who I said had no clue about parade, and new show, etc. texted me about the Super Nintendo. So it seems the Epic news is being put out there pretty well unlike the summer offerings.
I feel like Uni is probably gonna do a TV/Internet ad campaign to promote all their summer offerings soon.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Dang it some of those items are super adorable and now my wallet is hiding in the corner. :sob: I'm sure these things will be at EU so I know I don't have to rush to buy it but they really do look nice!

I don't usually buy pins and definitely getting at least one of them on my next trip.

Dang it some of those items are super adorable and now my wallet is hiding in the corner. :sob: I'm sure these things will be at EU so I know I don't have to rush to buy it but they really do look nice!

I don't usually buy pins and definitely getting at least one of them on my next trip.

Boy, wait till the Dark Universe merch hits the stores. Credit cards across America will need some aloe for the burns.