Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Premium seating at one point was a really great alternative, I think in it's current state it in absolutely not worth it.

Paid $160 for two chairs over Spring Break.

Yes, it struck me as way overpriced. But it really was a sanctuary of calm amidst the chaos of the general seating areas and the waiter service was fantastic. Constantly checking in and food and drinks were always delivered promptly.

My only real complaint was the check-in process was ungodly slow. Those folks had zero motivation whatsoever.

Reactions: tankart150
Sometimes people just don't understand safety. He'd probably be the first to sue if he flew out and got injured because he couldn't grab the side fast enough. It wouldn't be the first time (or sadly, the last) people bullied their way onto a ride they weren't designed for -- usually with tragic consequences

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I've been dying to go to Volcano Bay since it first opened and STILL haven't gone. I want to go so bad but I'm always too busy at the main parks to ever make time for this one... :broken_heart:
I highly recommend you check it out -- especially if you're regularly in the area. We went for the first time in early September last year and we were really surprised by how much we enjoyed it. Crowds were admittedly light, but we loved hitting the slides in the morning and then the wave pool/lazy river/bar/bar again/bar one more time/etc. the rest of the day.

Full disclosure: The vibe of Volcano Bay may have been specifically designed for me. I think about it often.

Was just there today and had a great time. Went with a couple first-timers and they had a blast too. Got to do 6 slides, a bunch of laps in the Fearless River and the lazy one, plus hang in the Volcano pool. Food was the only thing that was a s--- show. Worst experience I've had with Universal Mobile Order yet.

Cabana rental pricing was super inflated for the holiday weekend though. I try to get one when I go with a group and when I had inquired and it was $900 for the small one. YIKES. They sold them out though.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Nico
I've been dying to go to Volcano Bay since it first opened and STILL haven't gone. I want to go so bad but I'm always too busy at the main parks to ever make time for this one... :broken_heart:
Give yourself a nudge and do it! :) I went once the year after opening and had a great time. Especially compared to the bustle of the parks it's very calm and quiet. The faster lazy river is surprisingly strong but worth laying back and doing a few lapse. The eateries/bars are themed enough to look at for a bit and catch things missed on the slides.

I can't say my trip wasn't without mishaps either though. The wristband syncing with payments wasn't working so I didn't get to try it and I slipped on a portion of a queue where the path was wooden. Probably would've been a lot worse if the handrails didn't hold up, talking full-on would've hit my head backwards kind of fall. :D

I haven't gone back yet but I'd like to go again. Would be good to see what's it like now since my last visit.

If you can, I'd definitely try to squeeze it in. My trips still skew WDW in terms of time spent, but I'm planning a late HHN arrival in September just so I can get in a full day at VB. It's become one of my favorite parks, water or otherwise. Krakatau and the Fearless River alone make it worth a visit!