What was the General Electric era of Universal like? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What was the General Electric era of Universal like?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Half of the restaurants were closed. It was over a decade between my first and second visits to Green Eggs & Ham. Wimpy's, Dagwood's, Capt America diner always closed as well. Shops too, tho less noticeable.
Well, IOA still suffers from that with lots of dining locations closed early :lmao:

I remember the carnival games barkers being a lot pushier as were as the timeshare sales people, for one. They were all up in the middle of the walkways. :lmao:
The timeshare folks have recently become a bit more noticeable again, not aggressive but definitely starting to come out more into the walkways. +the Universal Rewards folks are being pushy now next to the Universal Store.

It was around this time lots of pieces of universal were sold off.. minority stake in port aventura, Lockheed land where epic is now, the plot by MIB that got turned into apartments. Lots of cost cutting, the opposite of Comcast who has been a great owner and happy to invest. Very safe and risk averse
I would say the apartments behind MIB is the worse one as that could really help Universal if they had that land for expansion but also didn't have to worry what they build back there.

I would say the apartments behind MIB is the worse one as that could really help Universal if they had that land for expansion but also didn't have to worry what they build back there.

GE/Blackstone was selling off land to help pay the bills, invested in Potter to make the theme parks an attractive asset to sell off - and ended up setting up a new Universal era.

Funny how the world works.

GE/Blackstone was selling off land to help pay the bills, invested in Potter to make the theme parks an attractive asset to sell off - and ended up setting up a new Universal era.

Funny how the world works.
True, in the end they ended up doing a good thing at the expense of some bad stuff. I guess between apartments vs no apartments and no Potter, I would take apartments.

Reactions: Brian G.