Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2019 Disney Parks Leadership Changes

Also: George Kalogridis moves from WDW Pres. to newly created "President of Segment Development and Enrichment".....and Colglazier gets Disney Paris added to his Asian parks duties.................Sounds like Georgie will be in charge of sucking more money out of customer wallets with new upcharges and such....and cutting costs... duties that he performed as pres. at WDW so masterfully;)....lots and lots and lots more cupcake parties coming our way.

Is that a promotion? It sounds more like a "Let's put you here for a second before we formally let you go in 3 months. No need to show up for work. Enjoy these stocks as a parting gift."

Unrelated: I can't read a story without picturing Chapek as Tom Wambsgan on Succession on HBO.

that’s what it sounds like

Also: George Kalogridis moves from WDW Pres. to newly created "President of Segment Development and Enrichment".....and Colglazier gets Disney Paris added to his Asian parks duties.................Sounds like Georgie will be in charge of sucking more money out of customer wallets with new upcharges and such....and cutting costs... duties that he performed as pres. at WDW so masterfully;)....lots and lots and lots more cupcake parties coming our way.
I LOVE CUPCAKES!! :clap:

I LOVE CUPCAKES!! :clap:
I'm feeling that since his duties are to institute development and enrichment across all the NA resorts, that we're going to see a lot of the upcharge stuff he created at WDW extended to Disneyland resort. Bet they start cutting Disneyland regular hours and instituting more upcharge events, like all the extra cost late hours in the evening etc......

The layoffs aren't done.
I expect Kalogridis to go. He's sort of in an unnecessary, created for the sake of keeping you around for a few months role right now.

I wonder if Trowbridge will get hit with one since he sort of led SWGE.

I expect Kalogridis to go. He's sort of in an unnecessary, created for the sake of keeping you around for a few months role right now.

I wonder if Trowbridge will get hit with one since he sort of led SWGE.
If it means he comes back to Universal than yaaaasssuh

I agree and it was a smart move to bring him over to WDW to help with cast morale and overall leadership. The level of interaction with the frontline CMs is a change of pace that was desperately needed. Excited to see what else he has in store for this resort.