2nd USH Gate? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

2nd USH Gate?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of levity..a reminder,

big_sp.jpg

They were nearly willing, to turn a large chunk of it; into residential. They were willing, to already forego Red Sea, Jaws Lake, Bates Motel, and various other areas of the Universal Backlot; all for that damn plan.

If they feel like they want to do a new park within replacing a large ass-chunk of Studio, guess what: They're likely going to do it.

Edit: gonna likely regret it, but this is an attempt, to just show how much would've went away to begin with.

upload_2019-3-15_20-45-13.png

So as much as I do like @bob albert and what he's saying, I would very much disagree.

Last edited:
For the sake of levity..a reminder,

big_sp.jpg

They were nearly willing, to turn a large chunk of it; into residential. They were willing, to already forego Red Sea, Jaws Lake, Bates Motel, and various other areas of the Universal Backlot; all for that damn plan.

If they feel like they want to do a new park within replacing a large ass-chunk of Studio, guess what: They're likely going to do it.

Edit: gonna likely regret it, but this is an attempt, to just show how much would've went away to begin with.

View attachment 9120

So as much as I do like @bob albert and what he's saying, I would very much disagree.

That’s a solid 100 acres even if some is taken away6A007B5D-FD39-4DD0-A235-5F9007F88850.jpeg

We’re can I find the survey

I would assume, even if people wanted to link it; it'd be 1: Email only, & 2: Confidential.

That’s a solid 100 acres even if some is taken awayView attachment 9126

Yup. I would imagine, if they do it, it wouldn't use all of it, but it's very possible to do a 40-50 acre park. Maybe even a 60 acre, if they want to go further into the studio. And it'd still leave the door open for more parking next to ET if they wanted.

It comes down to how much would Comcast want to spend on a project like Gate 2 at USH.

Last edited:
As long as the the tram tour still stays in tact mainly I’m all for the second gate. I’m drooling at the thought of it but will be incredibly disappointed if it’s at the expense of the studio tour. It’s grand, perfect, iconic, and truly one of a kind period.

As long as the the tram tour still stays in tact mainly I’m all for the second gate. I’m drooling at the thought of it but will be incredibly disappointed if it’s at the expense of the studio tour. It’s grand, perfect, iconic, and truly one of a kind period.

Agreed. It's the heart and soul of the park.

I feel like a 2nd gate is already in the works conceptually, but it's top secret and all the insiders on this site are staying tight-lipped.

Just have a gut feeling that Universal has something up their sleeves that they want to unveil for the 2028 Olympics. There's enough time to build a 2nd gate, hell that's almost a decade.

I'm just stumped what the "theme" would be though. Hmmmm...

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Is the Golf Course still off limits/out of the question?
Have often thought if they bought the golf course they could relocate a lot of soundstages and studio buildings there to free up more space for theme park expansion and/or a second gate.

Reactions: socalifornian
It was until Fast and Furious Supercharged.

I have a gut feeling, if they did remove the tour from the park, they'd still do a more intimate tours for an upcharge like WB or Sony.

With how the VIP Experience somewhat does this already, it makes a lot of sense. It would also be very beneficial for production groups too; as it would help accomodate them better with the setting, without having to worry about outer sounds from trams. Not to mention, they could very well expand what VIP Experience offers on the film side, and allow people the chance to see more behind the scenes that most normal guests wouldn't be able to potentially witness.

Could Studio Tour still exist? Yes, and I don't think it would technically leave. It would..be changed.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
It was until Fast and Furious Supercharged.

I have a gut feeling, if they did remove the tour from the park, they'd still do a more intimate tours for an upcharge like WB or Sony.
If a three minute addition(key word here) really ruined the rest of the experience then I feel sorry for you.

The studio tram tour is Kong, F&F, Jaws encounter, earthquake experience, flash flood, comedy show, real sets and production tour, history review, prop encounters and more. It lasts 50 minutes. So really get over it please.

Sorry not trying to be mean just sick and tired of everyone using any chance to complain about F&F, I get it people see it poorly but really Orlando has a reason to be upset because of the space, money, and time it took but Hollywood it’s an added addition to an existing attraction not a replacement.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with Kong, F&F, Jaws, Earthquake, and Flash Flood being what the Studio Tour is.

The Studio Tour, while using simulations to represent what it may occur; is still one of the best experiences to get you close to the heart of Hollywood: the Studio.

At the end of the day, it's one of the only chances in LA that people get to see various area's of the Universal Front Lot/Backlot, being able to get close to some of the best things in entertainment. But with entertainment, one would and should; expect things to evolve.

Doing a more In-Depth Studio Tour, one that would be more reserved and intimate; would be a treat to see from Universal. I'd pay money for that, to be honest.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with Kong, F&F, Jaws, Earthquake, and Flash Flood being what the Studio Tour is.

The Studio Tour, while using simulations to represent what it may occur; is still one of the best experiences to get you close to the heart of Hollywood: the Studio.

At the end of the day, it's one of the only chances in LA that people get to see various area's of the Universal Front Lot/Backlot, being able to get close to some of the best things in entertainment. But with entertainment, one would and should; expect things to evolve.

Doing a more In-Depth Studio Tour, one that would be more reserved and intimate; would be a treat to see from Universal. I'd pay money for that, to be honest.
Read deeper then, did you miss “comedy show, real sets and production tour, history review, prop encounters, and more.” Yeah your right it is more than the simulations which I even said in my response but you ignored. Also if the simulations are not what the studio tour are then you proved my point that F&F should have no influence to ones view of the studio tours merits.

Reactions: SOCAL110
I didn't just mention F&F when it comes to simulations, see Kong/Jaws/Earthquake/FF.

And while I didn't bring up the History Review; I would argue that can connect very well to the studio-aspect. Same goes for Prop Encounter's, as it matters to how scripts can be written in various manners of days to minutes.

If anything, I don't count the Prop Encounters, because they go much more in-depth with that in the VIP Experience, where they actually go into the Property/Costuming Warehouse.

Evolution, is just as important for entertainment. It doesn't matter if it means removing it from the park itself, I doubt the Tour would ever permanently leave. And even if it did; it'd be just the Theme Park iteration of the Studio Tour.

Last edited:
I didn't just mention F&F when it comes to simulations, see Kong/Jaws/Earthquake/FF.

And while I didn't bring up the History Review; I would argue that can connect very well to the studio-aspect. Same goes for Prop Encounter's, as it matters to how scripts can be written in various manners of days to minutes.

If anything, I don't count the Prop Encounters, because they go much more in-depth with that in the VIP Experience, where they actually go into the Property/Costuming Warehouse.

So what your saying is that it’s not just F&F that is negatively effecting the studio tour but it’s all the additions that aren’t strictly related to shows and movie making that drag it down. Sounds good, I guess we will have to agree to disagree here as their are many normal backlot tours to do in the vicinity such as WB, Sony, and Paramount. I’d argue that what makes the Universal Studios Hollywood Tram Tour so iconic is the additional experiences and simulations that exist within it.

My initial point was merely being sick of people using any reason to complain about F&F and that is all.

Reactions: SOCAL110
So what your saying is that it’s not just F&F that is negatively effecting the studio tour but it’s all the additions that aren’t strictly related to shows and movie making that drag it down. Sounds good, I guess we will have to agree to disagree here as their are many normal backlot tours to do in the vicinity such as WB, Sony, and Paramount. I’d argue that what makes the Universal Studios Hollywood Tram Tour so iconic is the additional experiences and simulations that exist within it.

My initial point was merely being sick of people using any reason to complain about F&F and that is all.

That's never what I intended to say, nor do I think that way.

I love the Studio Tour, and I love having the chance to go into the heart of the Universal backlot. I also, as many people do know; love a lot of the simulations from within it. Especially Jaws and Kong for me.

But I am wanting evolution. I want to see, the property grow from evolving from just the simulations and experiences that are fabricated for the sake of the tour.

I would think that at least Jaws, Earthquake, and Flash Flood are essential to the Studio Tour as they were used in films, TV shows, commercials, music videos, etc.

When the residental version of the Evolution Plan was first released, Jaws Lake and Flash Flood were completely wiped from it (Even though Bates Motel & Bates House were still there, just relocated (and I'll take my share of not seeing that when I first looked it up)).

Earthquake, was the only thing from the Studio Tour in that time; that would've lived the changes. And even with that, there really hasn't been much productions in that building now.

That's never what I intended to say, nor do I think that way.

I love the Studio Tour, and I love having the chance to go into the heart of the Universal backlot. I also, as many people do know; love a lot of the simulations from within it. Especially Jaws and Kong for me.

But I am wanting evolution. I want to see, the property grow from evolving from just the simulations and experiences that are fabricated for the sake of the tour.
I’m all for growth and evolution as well. I would love for a 2nd gate and continued evolution of the resort.

My initial post was in reference to never wanting to lose the studio tour.(Edit: not that changes can never happen: new additions/changes are always welcome but just the general feel, flow and grandness is all). Then I had to hear once again someone comment how F&F ruined everything to which I commented about how I am sick of hearing about it.

Our whole back and fourth appears to have been misguided and has come to a head. Let’s just this as a misunderstanding and that we both love the studio tour.

Happy trails!

Last edited:
Not sure why Alex & Moose are arguing. You guys seems to be on the same page.

Anyways, the Studio Tour is the shiz. There's NOTHING like it anywhere else on the planet. You can see wonderful and intimate behind the scenes tours at WB, Sony, and Paramount with a lot of incredible history and set pieces.

But the Studio Tour is one of a kind. It's the TOTALITY of the experiences that make it epic and iconic.

I don't mind seeing changes to it as long as it's not scrapped or significantly scaled back.

Reactions: natespf and Moose84
Not sure why Alex & Moose are arguing. You guys seems to be on the same page.

Anyways, the Studio Tour is the shiz. There's NOTHING like it anywhere else on the planet. You can see wonderful and intimate behind the scenes tours at WB, Sony, and Paramount with a lot of incredible history and set pieces.

But the Studio Tour is one of a kind. It's the TOTALITY of the experiences that make it epic and iconic.

I don't mind seeing changes to it as long as it's not scrapped or significantly scaled back.
I don't see how there would be any way around at least scaling it back massively so they can repurpose a lot of the ground.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.