A few questions about Disney resorts | Inside Universal Forums

A few questions about Disney resorts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 19, 2012
New Jersey
Hey guys after having not been to Disney for 5 years me and my family have decided to go back and stay on site for a few days. Being Universal veterans we're practically noobs to the whole thing so I have 3 questions.

1. What are the perks of being a hotel guest at one of Disney's parks?

2. Is the Monorail accessible from all hotels?

And this one is more of a personal question but how can I convince my family to go to AK? I want to give it a try but everyone else in my family isn't for it. Help is needed on convincing. :) Thanks in advance,

Mulder

1) Dining plans are sometimes given to guests staying on property. Super perk. Also, many of the hotels are nicely themed.

2) Neeewp.

3) Tell them DAK has the number one show on property. And a baby gorilla that's adorable. And a man that flies over head painting "Jesus Loves you" out of smoke in the sky. Everybody loves that guy, amiright? No?

Tell them that their's a magical experience where if you stand under the tree of life long enough you may get to take home a souvenir......and a headache.

- Free transportation to all the parks, plus Downtown Disney
- Ability to attend Extra Magic Hours (only open to resort guests)
- Ability to participate in the Disney Dining Plan
- Access to Disney's Magical Express (free transportation and luggage service from the airport)
- Having the Disney atmosphere around you, before/after your time in the parks

- Only from the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian (resorts very close to MK)
- There is also a monorail line from Epcot to MK

And this one is more of a personal question but how can I convince my family to go to AK? I want to give it a try but everyone else in my family isn't for it. Help is needed on convincing. :)

They have two of the best shows (IMO) on property: Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo - The Musical. Expedition Everest is a favorite ride among many guests. Kilimanjaro Safaris is pretty cool, too.

Last edited:
Qs 1 & 2 are covered

Q3
I have stayed at a lot and visited all of Disney's resorts AKL was by far the best for me. As to how you convince the rest of the gang, tell them you will foot the bill that should swing it for ya :rofl:

Hey guys after having not been to Disney for 5 years me and my family have decided to go back and stay on site for a few days. Being Universal veterans we're practically noobs to the whole thing so I have 3 questions.

And this one is more of a personal question but how can I convince my family to go to AK? I want to give it a try but everyone else in my family isn't for it. Help is needed on convincing. :) Thanks in advance,

Mulder

You should consider parkhopping tickets. Maybe AK can't keep you in there for a full day, but they can for a half a day, and then go to MK or Epcot for dinner, fireworks, more rides, ect.

I may be wrong but I think there's buses to each park from each hotel or at least to the ticket and transport centre.

Each Disney resort has at least buses that will take you to each park. Then some have boat transportation and monorail transportation, but thats when you start getting into the mod and deluxe resorts.