A Quiet Place (HHN 33) | Inside Universal Forums

A Quiet Place (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss!

If they hear you, they hunt you! A Quiet Place is coming to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando & Hollywood!

Last edited:
John Krasinski GIF by A Quiet Place Part II

From the article:

"Mirroring the silence in the films, the haunted houses will embrace unique sound design, special effects and scareactors to convey the ominous sense of dread depicted in the films. Consequential to the films’ storyline, Halloween Horror Nights will incorporate the use of American Sign Language (ASL) for the first time ever within the A Quiet Place haunted houses."

When I first heard the idea months ago, I was surprised. A Quiet Place, one of the highest-grossing horror films recently, grossed $341 million for the first film and $297 million for the second. Its unique concept of near-total silence was a huge talking point, and people wanted it at HHN back in 2018.

While popular and a accessible property to the general public, the quietness of A Quiet Place seems challenging. Even Mike Aiello and John Murdy discussed in 2018 how it wasn’t designed for a maze, with Murdy joking, "You guys are going to have to be really quiet."

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO DO THIS?

Once it became more concrete that it was happening, I started getting interested and, later, excited. This is currently my most anticipated house of the year because it could be a mess or something really special. From all I’ve heard, it sounds like the teams involved are taking this house very seriously, down to casting ASL (American Sign Language) and even giving this property to breathe within a soundstage.

With the farm setting from the frist few films, I would love to get some Scarecrow vibes from in the house.

Great trailer too.

Last edited:
When I first heard the idea months ago, I was surprised. A Quiet Place, one of the highest-grossing horror films recently, grossed $341 million for the first film and $297 million for the second. Its unique concept of near-total silence was a huge talking point, and people wanted it at HHN back in 2018.

While popular and a accessible property to the general public make sense for HHN, the quietness of A Quiet Place seemed challenging. Even Mike Aiello and John Murdy discussed in 2018 how it wasn’t designed for a maze, with Murdy joking, "You guys are going to have to be really quiet."

HOW ARE THEY GOING TO DO THIS?

Once it became more concrete that it was happening, I started getting interested and, later, excited. This is currently my most anticipated house of the year because it could be a mess or something really special. From all I’ve heard, it sounds like the teams involved are taking this house very seriously, down to casting ASL (American Sign Language) and even giving this property to breathe within a soundstage.

With the farm setting from the frist few films, I would love to get some Scarecrow vibes from in the house.
I agree, I feel this can be really unique and fun.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I think this is a really cool move for Universal and Halloween Horror Nights. I really enjoy the movies, they're like a big budget creature feature with a unique hook, very "I have no mouth and I must scream." I think it's cool that a deaf character is featured in the commercial, and that they're going to lengths so far as to cast scare actors who will sign ASL. Of course, the most challenging aspect is bringing the creatures to life, since they're digital creations in the films entirely (as far as I'm aware). Some big scale puppetry will be really welcome and offer variety to the line up.

They're taking a big swing here, I appreciate them trying something different. Will it work, though? We'll see.
Happy to see them trying something new over bringing back an old IP again for a light retread.

Echoing the both of you--the swing they're taking on a IP like this; combined with committing to ASL being a part of the house feels amazing to see for both coasts. Also helps that they have picked venues that I think allows the scale of Part 1 and 2 to shine in a way that I am frankly glad on.

Interested to see how deep they go into Part 2, the only thing that comes to mind is more of the Invasion Day; but I'd love if we somehow got a Cillian Murphy actor in this.

Also as I have not forgotten the logo vectoring.

1717693488468.png

I am seriously interested to see how they execute this.

Is this going to be in a SS by itself? I'd hope so, to eliminate noise pollution from another house.

I am very curious to see what they mean by "unique sound design"

I am seriously interested to see how they execute this.

Is this going to be in a SS by itself? I'd hope so, to eliminate noise pollution from another house.

I am very curious to see what they mean by "unique sound design"
Just to add, the rumored location for this house is SS24A. Dueling Dragons, Fiesta De Chupacabras, Revenge of the Toothfairy and Us were all in this location.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95