State of USH - What's Next? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A lot of it has to do with the fact Universal has SOLE jurisdiction in that area, and i even believe their own planning department that's grandfathered in their own zoning codes that just need to be approved with Studio City. No way in hell are they ever gonna consider losing that privilege, so we have to take with what we can get.

Total bummer. I thought out my idea even more and I was like man… could you imagine hill valley fleshed out with the cafe 80s or lou’s cafe in the actual spot the place sat in the movie. stores and other areas around the city and potentially even a dark ride entrance through the courthouse.

getting into fantasyland stuff here but it makes for a fun idea especially considering that is one of just multiple additional lands they would be able to add given the newfound space while also preserving some park and movie history.
A lot of it has to do with the fact Universal has SOLE jurisdiction in that area, and i even believe their own planning department that's grandfathered in their own zoning codes that just need to be approved with Studio City. No way in hell are they ever gonna consider losing that privilege, so we have to take with what we can g

put a creature from the black lagoon ride IN THE REAL LAGOON? like come on.. it’s time to make all of that back there theme park space

If Disney is getting serious with expansion and the golf course will always remain a fairytale… serious question… why doesn’t Universal consider moving the production aspect of Universal off property or at least majority off property and simply let the theme park expand into all of the existing land currently owned at that location!

Would be no issue to go up north maybe 20-25 minutes, grab some land and build some soundstages. I know this is also a pipe dream.. but seriously. I know we have discussed a few closed sound stages here and there but at this point I feel like it’s time to just let that entire property be a theme park if they want to be a real player. The amount of room that opens up would be amazing. Heck, if you want to keep some of the iconic locations and facades, turn courthouse square into the hill valley land people have wanted forever. I just think that property at this point should be dedicated to the park especially if Disney is stepping it up and it seems like Universal can simply never have enough offerings given the current space.
The only reason I'd want them to own DC is because then it could allow them to move somethings....especially officers off sit

Falls lake area also has food warehouse… and countless employee areas lol
Falls Lake area does not have a food warehouse. THe food warehouse is underneath the ET parking structure. The warehouse out by the Bates Motel area is the merchandise warehouse.

So since we’re seeing a house in SS 12 this year instead of where the Exorcist was last year….you think that implies those stages behind the Mummy will be leaving sooner than later?

wanted to mention that park hours are 9am-9pm all july. park isn't doing too well.
Honestly, when I went on Tuesday, it was only 9am-8pm. It was definitely plenty of time to do everything, but I also wasted time looking at HHN/Drift construction, as well as doing a few rides twice (including Studio Tour). So I ended up not hitting DM & DreamWorks.

9am-9pm for the average GP is more than enough time for the current state of the park. I love the park, but I probably could've done it all & dipped by 2 or 3pm.

wanted to mention that park hours are 9am-9pm all july. park isn't doing too well.
Yeah
Its for sure less crowded then last summer

I've mentioned this before but if the parks are cool with less crowds and deals then cool but if they want more people they need a new attraction/Show every year.

SNW got USH what they wanted for almost a year and a half and that was something people really liked. SO mos new attractions at match can draw people for that long now unless something like Epic which is a brand new park and has like 20+ new attractions/shows.

I will say I think HHN should do well, not sure if it will be as full as last year because we had a heck of a line of of It hit many different demos but I assume HHN will still take in money for them and Grinchmas I think if they see it not doing as well as they like will offer a ticket deal as well

But with no new attraction next year, I think next year will be when will be a great time for some to come to the park, I assume the parks will be pretty low or dead most the time besides spring break and some holiday weekends

Based on the fact it appears that many parks seem to be trending downward crowd-wise, I think we honestly might just be seeing reality settling in: The further out we get from the lockdowns/pandemic peak, the more people are starting to feel financial crush. New rides and activities and merchandise can be put out all the live long day, but at the end of that same day, with the cost of living only continuing to rise, that "I'm just happy to be out of the house!" feeling of the past few years that fueled people going to theme parks and traveling is being replaced with "Do I go to a theme park or do I use that money for gas and food?"

When I still see on the app, though, that Mario Kart still hits 180 minutes or Jurassic World hits 90+ on some days, I'm not gonna say the park is struggling and start ringing the death bell; it -- and other parks -- is just in the midst of going through an inevitable equilibrium amidst uncharted waters.

Based on the fact it appears that many parks seem to be trending downward crowd-wise, I think we honestly might just be seeing reality settling in: The further out we get from the lockdowns/pandemic peak, the more people are starting to feel financial crush. New rides and activities and merchandise can be put out all the live long day, but at the end of that same day, with the cost of living only continuing to rise, that "I'm just happy to be out of the house!" feeling of the past few years that fueled people going to theme parks and traveling is being replaced with "Do I go to a theme park or do I use that money for gas and food?"

When I still see on the app, though, that Mario Kart still hits 180 minutes or Jurassic World hits 90+ on some days, I'm not gonna say the park is struggling and start ringing the death bell; it -- and other parks -- is just in the midst of going through an inevitable equilibrium amidst uncharted waters.
Are they feeling it or are we just going back to pre-covid attendance. I will be really curious to see if this years attendance is at or above 2019 attendance at most parks. Because I think we have just gotten past the post-covid bump that maybe people thought would stay? Which really makes no sense, eventually people will go back to their normal travel patterns.

eventually people will go back to their normal travel patterns.
I see more people traveling now than they did pre-apocalypse, especially overseas. Must be nice, can't relate

I think the attendance will decline in the parks due to nothing really "new" to justify the cost of going outside of spooky/holiday season.

Even the 60th Anniversary didn't entice me enough to go to USH initially, but the Plaza addition did (even though it wasn't anything spectacular)

Not even "Season of the Force" got me to go to Disneyland, PixarFest definitely doesn't pull me in (if 4*Town had a photo-op/meet-n-greet, that'd be a different story lol).

The CA parks just aren't doing enough to pull in the locals or really grab the attention of tourists. However, the parks are still busy AF for the most part

Even the 60th Anniversary didn't entice me enough to go to USH initially, but the Plaza addition did (even though it wasn't anything spectacular)

Not even "Season of the Force" got me to go to Disneyland, PixarFest definitely doesn't pull me in (if 4*Town had a photo-op/meet-n-greet, that'd be a different story lol).

The CA parks just aren't doing enough to pull in the locals or really grab the attention of tourists. However, the parks are still busy AF for the most part
Errr Depends on the day

Today the the only ride at USH over 60 Mins is MK, when I was there last weekend by noon MK was 60 mins and most other rides were 45 mins or less

Star Wars ROTRs last weekend had a wait time of 25 mins for a time. I won't doubt this weekend should have more people but compared to even last summer I'm just seeing less lines, which works for me but it just seems random many times when its busy or not

Agree with Jarrod. Last weekend showed some high wait times. Mario was over 120 minutes at some points. Jurassic had a higher wait time than Mario at one point. And a few days in the last weeks the park was scheduled for 9 and later the app showed 10pm. I say they are being responsible.