A Universal Birthday (A Video you will all enjoy) | Inside Universal Forums

A Universal Birthday (A Video you will all enjoy)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 23, 2012
UK
Before the video a small intro.....

Whilst I was in Florida last year my Daughter turned 18, I know mean Dad. Chloe is a fabulous Daughter and a huge fan of the parks (wonder where she gets that from)she has grown up with Harry Potter and whilst she has seen Hogwarts she is desperate to see the new expansion. With exam commitments she was unable to go with me on that last trip but with her being 4000 miles away I was still able (thanks to technology)to do something special to celebrate her big day.

The video below was the filmed and edited on my Galaxy S5 with just a bit of tweaking on the laptop to pull it all together, it took 3 days to gather all the clips and I huge thanks has to go out to all the cast for being such great sports, without them the video would not have been possible.

I apologize for the rendering at the beginning (not sure what went wrong) but the rest of the video plays perfectly, so without further ado it's on with the show.

[video=youtube;IX4MWtsCSvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX4MWtsCSvk[/video]

So there you have it, I thoroughly enjoyed putting he video together and my Daughter loved it too and you will all be pleased to know, I am taking her to finally see Diagon in July.

Last edited:
That was a nice caring gesture to your daughter. Bet there wasn't a dry eye in the place when she first played it. You're a good dad...Thanks for sharing that with the UO family.

I would love to see your sales pitches to all the employees, especially the shrunken head. If your camera was running, show us that too. Regardless, that was a very special gift of love, even though you left her behind in abject London darkness and squalor. (just doing a Dickens thing there) :smiley:

I would love to see your sales pitches to all the employees, especially the shrunken head. If your camera was running, show us that too. Regardless, that was a very special gift of love, even though you left her behind in abject London darkness and squalor. (just doing a Dickens thing there) :smiley:

Funnily the shrunken head was where I got the original idea, I was stood watching him/it interact with others at that moment I thought what a cool birthday message it would make for Chloe. So I got in line and stepped up for my turn. I explained to the conductor that it was my Daughters birthday back home in the UK and could Shrunken Head wish her a happy birthday. They were very cool about it and I got the desired recording.

After that initial one I thought it would be cool if I could grab a few others, so I set about Diagon asking cast if they would help me out recording a birthday message for my Daughter, explaining she would be 18 and was home in the UK. I asked if they would be so kind as to go on video stating where they were and to wish Chloe a happy birthday.

All the cast were fantastic, some got more into it than others but everyone played their part. It just grew and grew and I ended up grabbing dozens of birthday wishes as you have seen in the video.

Originally Posted by April

Really enjoyed it! I spotted some people I know in the video and I shared it with them - they remembered and enjoyed seeing it. :)

Thats so cool. Thanks for sharing with them it is really nice that it has gone full circle and that the people who "starred" in it have got to see it and hopefully enjoy it. :thumbs:

Please let them know they helped make my Daughters 18th birthday an extra special one and many thanks to them all.

Last edited:
You can really tell this was a production made with lots of love! The shrunken head's part was hilarious. It's so good to see that so many Universal employees willing to help you with the video. Chloe is a very lucky to have a dad like you! I hope she has an awesome time when she visits Diagon Alley in July!

Thanks for all the comments guys, i have to say it is a nice feeling hearing what a great Dad I am but to be honest my Daughter is the great one and I would move heaven and earth for her.