Alien: Romulus (2024) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Alien: Romulus (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh I know. I stopped at the hospital :lmao:

But it wasn’t because it was scary. Tbh I don’t really know why I stopped. I just went over to other games. Now that I’ve quit Fortnite though I have a lot more playtime for other things so I’m moving through my backlog.

Or you can do best of both worlds and play as the Xenomorph in Fortnite :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69 and Mike S
Or you can do best of both worlds and play as the Xenomorph in Fortnite :lol:
I have lol

I quit because they completely messed up how the locker works and removed the ability to shuffle through preset skin loadouts :mad:

Back to Isolation the coolest thing I saw is when you’re first escaping the Alien and have to get on that train to move to another part of the station I heard it coming and rushed into the train and hit the button to leave. As I turned around and watched the doors close I saw it lunge and attack someone else perfectly framed by the closing door. A literally perfect cinematic gameplay moment that I couldn’t replicate when I had to replay it. I think I purposely redid it because I missed a collectible.

Reactions: Nick and Brian G.
The teaser looks pretty dang good, I'll agree it's giving me Alien: Isolation vibes which is great for me since I feel that's been the best piece of Alien media the franchise has had in a while. So I'm cautiously optimistic this one will deliver.

I wouldn't go by test screenings, because as someone whose been to one, you're NOT seeing the final product. Placeholder footage, music, missing effects, etc...

Considering this is the same dude that gave us the 2013 Evil Dead sequel (which was good), I am sure this will be fine. The teaser trailer alone sells it better than it should without even showing anything spoilerish

There's rumors pertaining to test screenings that, if true, will make you change your mind. Not totally confirmed, but I would wait until actual reviews come about to see the film.
Lmao dude c'mon. If you're seriously judging a movie you HAVEN'T seen based off supposed test screening reactions (I'm very up to date with movie rumors like that and have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, the very little things I have heard have been positive??? So like... what are you talking about?) that's just very sad. I've been to many test screenings myself so I know that regardless of the reactions (positive or negative, doesn't matter) it doesn't at all reflect the quality of the film. For instance, I saw The Flash film in the summer of 2022, a year basically before it released worldwide. The reactions from the audience were ALL positive (I didn't love the movie but I get why some people do) from what I remember and it showed in the write-ups after the screening(s) were over. That's why WB was so confident in it, but look how that turned out. Also with a lot/most of these test screenings, the cut people see is very far from complete. Lot of unfinished vfx/adr, lack of music/sound, etc. A movie can change so much in the test screening process. So please don't be ignorant and develop an opinion on a movie because of rumors you've heard. I'm so excited for this film because of Fede Alvarez, he made Evil Dead 2013 and that's one of my all-time favorite horror movies. So no I won't be changing my mind... lol

Reactions: Wesker69 and Tobias
Has nothing to do with the quality of the film or unfinished VFX, there's just rumors of modern technology being used to "re-introduce" a legacy character/passed star's visuals and voice in Romulus. Won't spoil what character as you can look it up if you wish to know and as of now it is just a rumor from reported test screenings.

I'd never judge anything before ingesting it and I'm looking forward to Romulus, I love Fede's work!

Lmao dude c'mon. If you're seriously judging a movie you HAVEN'T seen based off supposed test screening reactions (I'm very up to date with movie rumors like that and have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, the very little things I have heard have been positive??? So like... what are you talking about?) that's just very sad. I've been to many test screenings myself so I know that regardless of the reactions (positive or negative, doesn't matter) it doesn't at all reflect the quality of the film. For instance, I saw The Flash film in the summer of 2022, a year basically before it released worldwide. The reactions from the audience were ALL positive (I didn't love the movie but I get why some people do) from what I remember and it showed in the write-ups after the screening(s) were over. That's why WB was so confident in it, but look how that turned out. Also with a lot/most of these test screenings, the cut people see is very far from complete. Lot of unfinished vfx/adr, lack of music/sound, etc. A movie can change so much in the test screening process. So please don't be ignorant and develop an opinion on a movie because of rumors you've heard. I'm so excited for this film because of Fede Alvarez, he made Evil Dead 2013 and that's one of my all-time favorite horror movies. So no I won't be changing my mind... lol
The Flash was interestingly the only film I saw in theaters last year where the entire audience clapped at the end. The main reason it didn't succeed were the numerous online boycotts that campaigned against it for various reasons.

However, yeah it is beyond silly to judge a movie based on stuff one heard off the Internet. It is one of the things I abhor most about social media. It tends to force people into binary camps that either overhype or under hype something. It prevents seeing films with an unbiased and open-minded attitude.

Has nothing to do with the quality of the film or unfinished VFX, there's just rumors of modern technology being used to "re-introduce" a legacy character/passed star's visuals and voice in Romulus. Won't spoil what character as you can look it up if you wish to know and as of now it is just a rumor from reported test screenings.

I'd never judge anything before ingesting it and I'm looking forward to Romulus, I love Fede's work!
Gonna spoiler bar this in guessing (just so I don't ruin it for others)

Disregard--looked into it myself, and hmm...hmm.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that and now making me always guessing about something I wouldn’t have known about otherwise. Seriously, thank you. One thing I loved about the teaser was how little it showed :expressionless:

Reactions: Wesker69