"Always": An Alan Rickman Memorial | Inside Universal Forums

"Always": An Alan Rickman Memorial

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 18, 2012
Winston-Salem
Well, as I'm sure we're all finding out: Alan Rickman, famed actor of Severus Snape, has passed away today. Having Harry Potter so close to my heart I can't help but be heartbroken at this loss. Death is a natural part of life (duh) but it doesn't relieve the sting of its effects.

Take a moment to post your memorial of Alan Rickman with any of your favorite quotes or moments of his career.

R.I.P. Alan.....You will always be in our hearts.

With that said...

Turn to page 394

Hans Gruber, The Sheriff of Nottingham, and Severus Snape. Such a good bad guy. And such a powerful good guy.

Did anyone see the HBO Movie "Something The Lord Made"? It stared Rickman and Mos Def. It is a fantastic movie about the guy that developed fetal open heart surgery. Dr. Alfred Blalock along with his assistant, a black carpenter who picks up heart surgery by watching and reading. It is a true story. And man, I was cryin' at the end. I can't recommend it enough.

And I also really loved his performance in "Bottleshocked" with Chris Pine. It is also a true story.

Reactions: USO92
Tremendously talented actor that has been in many of my favorite movies. His characters became standouts regardless of their place in the plot simply because of his abilities.
Some of my favorites are Alexander Dane, Marvin, Snape, Judge Turpin.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!"

Also leaving this here in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Reactions: Mad Dog
2016 is not off to a great start...

Agreed, losing Rickman and Bowie, in the same week, at the same age, to the same disease, is already making this a bad year for passings.

Such a shame to lose a talented actor, who always deserved an Oscar in some form. Hans Gruber is and always will be one of the best when it comes to villains.

Reactions: anihilnation
Agreed, losing Rickman and Bowie, in the same week, at the same age, to the same disease, is already making this a bad year for passings.

Such a shame to lose a talented actor, who always deserved an Oscar in some form. Hans Gruber is and always will be one of the best when it comes to villains.
And recently we also lost the composer/conductor Pierre Boulez. And Lemmy!