Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As fun as the "Seaworld dumb" story is, I'm pretty certain Antartica has been up and running for at least a few months now.

My friends went to SWO and saw it was "open" and went to ride it. They walked through the whole experience up till the load platform where they were directed to a side hallway to watch what they assume was the final animation of the ride then walked past the unload platform and into the viewing area.

Oh wow, I guess I've been making the same assumption about the ride as they did. I've just seen the line outside multiple times the past few months and assumed everything was alright inside.

Not a huge loss all things considered lol.

My friends went to SWO and saw it was "open" and went to ride it. They walked through the whole experience up till the load platform where they were directed to a side hallway to watch what they assume was the final animation of the ride then walked past the unload platform and into the viewing area.
It sounds like they sent them through the non-rider second pre-show that they built a few years after the ride was originally constructed.

Reactions: shiekra38
It sounds like they sent them through the non-rider second pre-show that they built a few years after the ride was originally constructed.
Yep, however, that room feels a lot smaller and they pack way more people in

At this point it's easier to divert people past the ride and block it off

Still though doing SOMETHING with it would be nice

Reactions: Cheezbat
Close. They didn’t plug them in during the shut down and these are the batteries that require a charge or they’ll become inert. So the batteries lost their charge and are just a brick now.
Wow, I think their only option is to put in a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

But seriously though, it's sad that Antarctica is yet another victim in the SeaWorld Entertainment dark ride graveyard

Wow, I think their only option is to put in a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz

But seriously though, it's sad that Antarctica is yet another victim in the SeaWorld Entertainment dark ride graveyard
They should take this time to not only get new batteries, but to update the ride.

Sorry, I’m not letting Sea World off the hook on this one. Can’t just close it and focus on the coasters. This was too expensive an attraction to just let rot,

They should take this time to not only get new batteries, but to update the ride.

Sorry, I’m not letting Sea World off the hook on this one. Can’t just close it and focus on the coasters. This was too expensive an attraction to just let rot,
Their history shows that this was bound to happen. Almost every good indoor ride they've ever had has gone from poorly maintained to SBNO (Standing But Not Operating) to closed.

Getting new batteries alone is gonna' be expensive, and considering the ride itself doesn't have good bones to it, updating it into something worthwhile would require a major overhaul that would be pretty expensive as well. Which brings up what WAJAS mentions...

Their history shows that this was bound to happen. Almost every good indoor ride they've ever had has gone from poorly maintained to SBNO (Standing But Not Operating) to closed.

A painful example of this is Curse of DarKastle at BGW. All they really needed to do was properly maintain the ride to keep it going, and they didn't. If Seas didn't want to put the money in to maintain that, I just don't see them putting in the money to update Antarctica...heck it's dicey if they're gonna' spend the money for the batteries.

I know folks want darkrides from Seas, but if they can't maintain the good ones they had like DarKastle, or put in disappointments like Antarctica, or dead on arrivals like Submarine Quest, there comes a point where you just have to admit darkrides are just not their thing.

Reactions: WAJAS
Getting new batteries alone is gonna' be expensive, and considering the ride itself doesn't have good bones to it, updating it into something worthwhile would require a major overhaul that would be pretty expensive as well. Which brings up what WAJAS mentions...

A painful example of this is Curse of DarKastle at BGW. All they really needed to do was properly maintain the ride to keep it going, and they didn't. If Seas didn't want to put the money in to maintain that, I just don't see them putting in the money to update Antarctica...heck it's dicey if they're gonna' spend the money for the batteries.

I know folks want darkrides from Seas, but if they can't maintain the good ones they had like DarKastle, or put in disappointments like Antarctica, or dead on arrivals like Submarine Quest, there comes a point where you just have to admit darkrides are just not their thing.
I miss the days when the Busch family ran the parks. Night and day. Lots of shows, street live musical entertainment and street actors. Rides besides coasters. Better balanced parks, all around....They've slightly nudged upward since the Evil Empire Blackstone is out of the management position, but they're still just a shadow of what they were with Busch. I used to attend BGW like I do Universal now. Nevermore, nevermore. There's plenty of Coaster parks near here. No reason to travel far for those.

I agree, I always used to visit SeaWorld with my parents whom are older now, especially to see the animal exhibits and shows. They hate coasters. There just is less and less for them nowadays.