Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A construction update has been posted on Theme Park Review.

iLtLvvynafgZ0.jpg

ibsO9GsGJaSL1l.jpg

ib0LMgjPIBowxu.jpg

ibnlYYdXrK3Rhx.jpg

Queue the bitching about being able to see Ice from Atlantis :lol:

The Fantasyland Expansion, Potter Phase 2, and Transformer threads get a gazillion pages of discussion and hype, yet this and the TurtleTrek threads are almost a year old and both have BARELY 10 pages?

Poor SeaWorld gets no love. :'(

Last edited:
The Fantasyland Expansion, Potter Phase 2, and Transformer threads get a gazillion pages of discussion and hype, yet this and the TurtleTrek threads are almost a year old and both have BARELY 10 pages?

Poor SeaWorld gets no love. :'(

Nope not much for BGT either, most can't stand to lose a day away from WDW or US.

SeaWorld: No One Cares

I try to take an interest in SeaWorld...but I just can't get all that jazzed up about it. Manta and Kraken are awesome, and Antarctica looks great...but the rest of the park is just yawn worthy, IMO.

SeaWorld: No One Cares

I try to take an interest in SeaWorld...but I just can't get all that jazzed up about it. Manta and Kraken are awesome, and Antarctica looks great...but the rest of the park is just yawn worthy, IMO.

Truth: build a coaster and people get exited about any park... Build a dark ride and people are excited but don't pay as much attention...
Disney - build benches for fantasmic and the thread is 10 pages long ;)

Truth: build a coaster and people get exited about any park... Build a dark ride and people are excited but don't pay as much attention...
Disney - build benches for fantasmic and the thread is 10 pages long ;)

Geez I feel like a tool...

AmusementPics has posted another wonderful construction update. Progress is very visible as more walls and steel start to go up.

ib63PUi9ohwN6.jpg

iD1GczY8cVoIT.jpg

iVtDWKkLEOm6y.jpg

iwUrUtWA8EU8S.jpg

ibrUr2FQcjoyJk.jpg

Additionally, AmusementPics stated the following regarding opening time frames....

They are making INCREDIBLE progress on the Antarctica area. I found out the current plan is to have things open by the end of May 2013 and the project is on schedule.

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for the updates BJCool! :rep: I haven't kept up with this project in a while, so it's a nice surprise to see this so far along. Looks great! May, 2013 is just around the corner :thumbs:

PS: It's so awesome (for us) that one can get aerial shots so easily for this! if only we had one of these towers at Uni... :lol:

Last edited:
And when nobody is in the skytower, they provide us with a helicopter shot in the video

seaworld-orlando-antarctica-overview.jpg

Thats an older shot but still very cool. I am getting a little more excited about this project :thumbs: