Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Artegon Site for New Theme Park?

I haven't heard anything. I don't personally think that the Orlando market could sustain another major theme park. If anything happens, it'll be something more in line with Fun Spot or a I-Drive Live 360-Ferris Wheel-whatever its called thing.

Anything new on this?
There have been some rumors of WWE planning a theme park and there's some speculation something like that could be done in Orlando. Some of the art seems like it could be an indoor mall kind of park. I'm skeptical, but could see it work. Of course WWE likes to play around with ideas, but is not that good at realizing them.Still, something like this would have a greater allure than a physical hall of fame or a restaurant.

A WWE theme park? :lol:

I would love to see a Hall of Fame restaurant in CityWalk however. Maybe CityWalk 2.0.

They have been rockin' ever since they put in the leather recliners. They are significantly cheaper than the nearby Pointe Orlando Regal. I'm sure that plays a part.
Pointe Orlando also has godawful capacity. Ever since they did a recliner renovation, a lot of auditoriums only seat about 40-50 people now. Even the IMAX's capacity got cut by at least 100 seats when they put in the wide lounge chairs (a welcome addition to be sure).

Pointe Orlando also has godawful capacity. Ever since they did a recliner renovation, a lot of auditoriums only seat about 40-50 people now. Even the IMAX's capacity got cut by at least 100 seats when they put in the wide lounge chairs (a welcome addition to be sure).
Yea and theaters have been doing this everywhere because they no longer sell as many seats on average anymore and were already charging a premium.

They have been rockin' ever since they put in the leather recliners. They are significantly cheaper than the nearby Pointe Orlando Regal. I'm sure that plays a part.
This theater is the cheapest and most comfortable in the Orlando area. I've driven to this theater so many times to see movies over Disney, Universal, I-Drive, east Orlando, winter park, etc...it's so worth it. They aren't going anywhere.

Just saw on FB, RonJon is closing. Curious how long the other non-Bass tenants can hold out.
Cinemark bought their land along with Bass Pro Shop, they both aren't going anywhere. Apparently there is like a dozen lawsuits back and forth between the owner and tenants. Whatever buyer he has is apparently not willing to close until everything is resolved with the lawsuits, so the current owner is countersuing everyone for preventing them from selling the land.

Cinemark bought their land along with Bass Pro Shop, they both aren't going anywhere. Apparently there is like a dozen lawsuits back and forth between the owner and tenants. Whatever buyer he has is apparently not willing to close until everything is resolved with the lawsuits, so the current owner is countersuing everyone for preventing them from selling the land.
I can't help but think the latest the buyer is Mr. Bass Pro. Hear me out, i'm from Memphis and live in Northwest Arkansas. I have seen his adaptive reuse of the the former Pyramid Arena in Memphis and visited his finally redone Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium and stuffed animal museum in Springfield. He stuffed what has turned out to be a very successful hotel info the Pyramid over looking what it basically a store with a large lake

I can see him doing a combination of the existing store, a hotel overlooking a lake in part of the mall complete with a swimming hole.and another aquarium and expanded dining options, some parts of the mall would have ropes courses and other attractions and parts would be converted to his time share concept with a man made outdoor stocked lake for catch and release fishing. Think Wilderness lodge with actual fishing

So for now Artegon is basically an empty mall? Is the indoor mini golf gone as well?

Off topic, but what happened with the land that once was rumored to get the Orlando Thrill Park, then later one was rumored to get a ski kind of attraction?