Avengers 5 (2026) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers 5 (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

It's not an official book

They are an insider but....I'll wait and see. People loved Loki and Kang is set up as the big bad, how could they change it now? If they do the rumored Dr Doom route....then just wow but without Kang I don't see how Secret Wars happens and that film will print money if the rumors are true on who is in it

I think the issue with not going forward with THE KANG DYNASTY is not so much that it would leave Kang threads hanging (because, yes, they've effectively got an "out" with that story already if they wanted), but more that it seems pretty clear to me that KANG DYNASTY and SECRET WARS were designed to be one big AVENGERS story, like INFINITY WAR and ENDGAME were.

So I don't think they can jump right to SECRET WARS without completely overhauling not just that movie, but the movies leading up to it (which would now have to do the character positioning that KANG DYNASTY was likely intended to accomplish).

So if KANG DYNASTY is dead, I would expect it to be "replaced" by some other AVENGERS movie prior to SECRET WARS.

Long have I waited to see a Dr. Doom that wasn't half-cooked. The OG F4 was fun....as a kid....I'd love to see what MCU could come up with so long as they built him as a Thanos/Kang level threat. No more of these vanilla one-off villains that Marvel loves introducing and then killing in the first movie.....LOOKING AT YOU FAR FROM HOME.

Without spoiling, my opinion is they wrote in an easy "out" as far as the Kang storyline goes.
Lol

If Disney has the balls to use a TV show to end a MAIN villains then.....yeah I think its going to be hard to get fans back.

Long have I waited to see a Dr. Doom that wasn't half-cooked. The OG F4 was fun....as a kid....I'd love to see what MCU could come up with so long as they built him as a Thanos/Kang level threat. No more of these vanilla one-off villains that Marvel loves introducing and then killing in the first movie.....LOOKING AT YOU FAR FROM HOME.
That's why I'm a bit worried by the speculation that Doom might be the big bad of SECRET WARS. I think they run the risk of rushing to get the character to that point.

Ideally, we'd have several years of Doom supporting appearances in multiple films before he takes center stage (and he needs to be left in play for the future after that point, too). There's way too much potential with the character (done well and faithfully) to just jump right into one of his biggest storylines.

Doom's a character they should have a ten-year rough plan for.

Ya

If you didn’t watch Loki or Antman, you have no idea who Kang is.
I guess but it would be like Thanos being in GOTG and then galactus just shows up in Infinity War

We will see but I don't understand how the MCU is this big of a mess....you had 3 Phases that were amazing and now....you have no idea where to go?

I just don't get it

I guess but it would be like Thanos being in GOTG and then galactus just shows up in Infinity War

We will see but I don't understand how the MCU is this big of a mess....you had 3 Phases that were amazing and now....you have no idea where to go?

I just don't get it

x5wh7u69dd991.jpg

Well, here's a start. When Endgame was over, I believe their basic instincts were correct. It's time to give some lower tier heroes like Wanda, Falcon, Wong some stories to grow into A-Listers, time to catch up on whoever is still willing to work with us for awhile and grow arcs for Thor, Spidey, T'Challa. To wrap up arcs for GotG, Hawkeye, Hulk, and introduce newer heroes like Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Shang-Chi in the process. But with Disney+ allowing for more avenues for releasing content, the massive unprecedented success from the Infinity Saga, and the Fox Merger unlocking the X-Men and Fan4, the MCU had an blank check to write whatever crazy asks they wanted and I feel forgot the dicipline that made them so successful in the first place. In the typhoon of content, it was harder for Feige to oversee projects and to make sure everyone was working towards the same goal. And that's how we get movies with bum scripts getting shot and then sent back for expensive reshoots again and again. How we get 2-hours worth of unfathomably expensive cameos and unfunny improv cut from Thor 4. How the first impressions of the Multiverse for the MCU were a Boner joke and the franchise cashing in on nostalgia. And it's also how they missed the fact that Kang is a really difficult character to translate to screen. His "many faces" multiverse schtick can very easily be written where Kang stops feeling imposing, because he dies everytime he's on screen, and when that happens any character development or motivation resets the clock and kinda makes it all feel a bit pointless. It's like the issue with 2014 Thanos in Endgame but baked into the character from the start.

I really do think the blank check I mentioned before, alongside the quadruple whammy of the scuffle with the Spider-Man rights with Sony, the firing and rehiring of James Gunn from GotG3, the passing of Chadwick, and COVID-19 kinda scrambled Disney's brains a bit.

The MCU, once a tight and efficient vessel with a set crew and lots of coordination, has grown to become a gargantuan supership with so many different officers with opposing directives. At a point, no one is actually steering the MCU Ship anymore. Iceberg ahead.

They're 33 movies in, they're lucky the bad luck is only hitting now.
Good point. Much better than DC who can't even get a cinematic universe off it's feet. I think Marvel needs to moderate and not have everything as heavily connected. It makes it a chore for people like me who have kinda tuned out post Endgame and want to catch up for whatever replaces King Dynasty and Secret Wars.

IF this is true, it tells me that they've decided to move away from Kang (and cut ties with Jonathan Majors in turn). I imagine two Avengers movies will still happen, but Avengers 5 will no longer be Kang Dynasty in this situation.

IF this is true, it tells me that they've decided to move away from Kang (and cut ties with Jonathan Majors in turn). I imagine two Avengers movies will still happen, but Avengers 5 will no longer be Kang Dynasty in this situation.

You'd think that if the Jonathan Majors situation was truly driving this, then the simple solution would be to re-cast. I know it's kind of a major role compared to Edward Norton or Terrence Howard's runs, but if Harrison Ford can step in as General Ross, then why not just get a new Kang rather than go to all this trouble?

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
You'd think that if the Jonathan Majors situation was truly driving this, then the simple solution would be to re-cast. I know it's kind of a major role compared to Edward Norton or Terrence Howard's runs, but if Harrison Ford can step in as General Ross, then why not just get a new Kang rather than go to all this trouble?
Perhaps Jonathan Majors situation is simply giving them cover to get themselves out of doing Kang as the big bad....

Reactions: GA-MBIT
If all of this is legit, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that the recent Doctor Doom rumors also turn out legit. I also feel like that is a very short-sighted move but alas.

If they were smart they should've held their Multiverse cards for a good deal longer, done a legit Dr. Strange 2 the way it was set up in the OG Post Credits scene, and had it be a globe-trotting adventure film with Strange VS Mordo. Have Strange team up with Wong, a emotionally vulnerable and susceptible to dark influence Post-WandaVision Wanda, and brand new hero Victor von Doom to defeat Mordo before he ends up tearing open Multiversal cracks splitting from the double Thanos snappening. Have Victor show up in She-Hulk and/or Loki for a cameo, a decent role against Kang in Ant-Man 3, then show his character's darker, more disciplined side in Fantastic Four as the team fights a different antagonist, and finally have him be the one to destroy Kang and attempt to restore the incoming Incursion by creating Battleworld at the end of Kang Dynasty. Then have all of the crazy multiverseness happen then, NWH, What If, Secret Wars.

It'd be a solid 4-5 years of building up Victor as a flawed hero before the character naturally proceeds into his role as a Thanos-tier antagonist. As it stands, it'll probably end up being another rushed Fantastic Four Go-to-Space-Fight-da-Doom movie before creating BattleWorld in his second appearance ever, laaaaaaaaaaame. :expressionless: