Bars at Universal | Inside Universal Forums

Bars at Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

fryoj

V.I.P. Member
May 19, 2013
Are there any craft beer bars anywhere at Universal? We are going down at November and like to try new beers when we are somewhere. If not a craft beer bar, what bars between the parks, citiwalk and resorts have the best selection of beer?

Are there any craft beer bars anywhere at Universal? We are going down at November and like to try new beers when we are somewhere. If not a craft beer bar, what bars between the parks, citiwalk and resorts have the best selection of beer?

Your two best bets sound like Jake's at Royal Pacific and CowFish (once that opens). All the Potter and Simpsons bars have their own beer selections themed to the area.

There's quite a lot. In Hogsmade there's the Hog's Head Brew, In Springfield we have a Duff and a Duff Dry and also in Diagon Alley. there's 2 brews. In City Walk on the path way to IOA. I have seen a sign pointing to one of the huts saying Craft Brews.

Highly recommend the Simpsons and Diagon Alley brews (made by a local Orlando brewer), but if you have a car or Uber, I also recommend going to Player 1, near the corner of Turkey Lake (called Palm Parkway at that point) and 535. Huge selection of craft brews on tap or in bottle. Sea Dog Brewing Company, a restaurant owned by Shipyard, is in that same plaza, they have a nice selection of maybe a dozen of their own beers.

Agree, Sea Dog Brewing has some pretty good food and a really good assortment. For on Universal property, the craft beer kiosks in City Walk aren't bad. The Diagon beers (Dragon scale my favorite) are pretty good, but for some reason the Duff beers (Duff Lite my favorite), Hogs Head, and a bunch of the Disney specialty beers all have an aftertaste that I have grown to dislike. One thing that isn't really well advertised is you can get the Squishes mixed with liquor at Duff Garden's and those are pretty tasty.